Login

russian armor

Are AA halftrack not worth it?

15 Jan 2018, 10:18 AM

I don't play the US very often so I don't know their ins and outs very well, but I've spectated a lot of games and played with a lot of US teams but I never ever see them pick up an AA halftrack. I know its more fuel than the m20 but is there ever a time where its useful?
15 Jan 2018, 11:04 AM

It is certainly effective, but controlling can be nasty as it fires backwards only, meaning you must be whole the time moving it by traversing. Against okw its useful only if he is not rushing for luchs. Even then its is easy to counter as it has simular armor to 222 and it ALWAYS takes extra damage as it shows its rear all the time and okw can easily fetch raketten from base building. m20 simply is better as it brings shock value earlier and cheaper, and also has more utility.
Vaz
17 Jan 2018, 09:48 AM

It's very situational. It's a good unit if you are on top to give you more lasting power in holding positions. It's also absolutely perfect at shooting down skill planes. However, it's kind of slow and easy to kill, yet still kind of expensive for how cheap it's counters are. I typically don't get it due to pop cap restrictions for later game. I can keep this thing alive, but then it will prevent me from getting a vital medium armor for my build.
17 Jan 2018, 18:03 PM

I'd only get one to be in the background shooting down pin planes.

It can be really powerful, but also unwiedly, so one well placed ATG will leave you with a burning husk. Use at your own risk!
17 Jan 2018, 19:03 PM

Has wide ark and suppresses on the move. Must have if you face blobs and playing aggressive.
17 Jan 2018, 19:09 PM

I agree with what has been said. 1v1 it is risky but can be rewarding if no counters exist. Team games it is a must build in the late game to knock down skill planes. So you may as well make it early but keep it alive at all costs.

Never dive your vehicles. Always push garbage inf in front of them to sight for AT weapons. Worst case you retreat an engr squad but keep your vehicle and it gains vet from the combat. If the game would back up your vehicles consistently life would be better. But too many times you hit REVERSE and instead it spins in circles and gets REKT!
24 Feb 2018, 07:12 AM

Just want to point out that it does not suppress on the move. It is excellent against all inf tho. I've been using it for a very long time with good results. Just watch the at guns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★