Login

russian armor

Nerfing Indirect Fire

11 Jan 2018, 15:15 PM

One very interesting suggestion I saw in another thread is to make them work like the rest of the game's artillery - they've got a very good barrage ability but no autoattack at all.

If you combine that with the suggestions in this thread (two barrage abilities, rapid light and sustained) you'd get a unit that serves the same role but which has the similar micro requirements to the game's other team weapons.
11 Jan 2018, 16:07 PM

Make it happen! Where's the next xBP round starting? Spring Balance Patch anyone?? I think there is potential and relic might be willing to give it another go. The game gets better imo. Smith? Fla? Any word on if and when there will be another balancing round and whether or not you could test some suggestions regarding indirect fire from here?

Cheers!
11 Jan 2018, 16:56 PM

The Panzer Werfer is a mix of good and terrible. I've noticed once it gets going and gets veterency it quickly a pretty useful indirect fire option.

There are pretty big problems though. It requires you to hit the last tier and sacrifice getting a tank out (Ostheer strives on getting these tanks out). It also doesn't really counter emplacements, like at all. Which is what you'd get it for. Also only firing 10 rockets is noticable, it's infinitely weaker at the "Wide Spread" barrage tactic where you try to saturate an area in rockets to damage as much as possible. Making it really only good at trying to wipe a small area or individual targets.

Thing is, when you use rocket artillery against allies you WANT to launch as many rockets possible to target as much infantry as possible. Or if you want the focused destructive rockets, you'd want them to damage emplacements. The panzer werfer isn't bad, it just doesn't really fit into the niche it's trying to. It's why most people like the brumbar as "indirect fire".
11 Jan 2018, 22:29 PM

The Panzer Werfer is a mix of good and terrible. I've noticed once it gets going and gets veterency it quickly a pretty useful indirect fire option.

There are pretty big problems though. It requires you to hit the last tier and sacrifice getting a tank out (Ostheer strives on getting these tanks out). It also doesn't really counter emplacements, like at all. Which is what you'd get it for. Also only firing 10 rockets is noticable, it's infinitely weaker at the "Wide Spread" barrage tactic where you try to saturate an area in rockets to damage as much as possible. Making it really only good at trying to wipe a small area or individual targets.

Thing is, when you use rocket artillery against allies you WANT to launch as many rockets possible to target as much infantry as possible. Or if you want the focused destructive rockets, you'd want them to damage emplacements. The panzer werfer isn't bad, it just doesn't really fit into the niche it's trying to. It's why most people like the brumbar as "indirect fire".

Actually it does counter emplacements really well now idk if you tried since patch. Vet3 emplacements are when they get better survivability they vet way slower now with out the range and autofire nerfs. RE doct was nerfed as well with the auto repair. Even if you kill the RE's repairing it thats 210 mp and if they are vetted slower repair speeds. I think PW barrage cd is up before brace is back up now too.

People get brumbar because it can be insanely broken when you just follow it around with a couple grens and a pak. It counters its own counters that dont pen the front reliably AT guns and usually kills them with first shot. I always found it hilariously broken against USF as jackson is the only thing they have that can dmg or pen it but if you follow it around with pak jackson cant do much either. Even does good dmg to other tanks.
14 Jan 2018, 19:07 PM

Isg took 5 of my full health shocksquad in green cover in one shot.
Pls explain.
14 Jan 2018, 19:13 PM

Anectodal and therefore irrelevant.
14 Jan 2018, 21:46 PM

Pls explain.

In what patch? :rofl:

Right now the one unit that needs a nerf the most is the soviet heavy mortar, it's just too much and surviving with only one model is dumb.

I wouln't mind at all if all mortars were to lose autofire as long as they got a buff and two types of barrages + smoke, maybe even apply light suppesion if a squad were to take a direct hit kind of like mines do.

The panzerwerfer and katyusha are alright but the sherman calliope really needs a nerf, pz4 shells bounce from the rear at close range...
14 Jan 2018, 21:48 PM

In what patch? :rofl:

Right now the one unit that needs a nerf the most is the soviet heavy mortar, it's just too much and surviving with only one model is dumb.

I wouln't mind at all if all mortars were to lose autofire as long as they got a buff and two types of barrages + smoke, maybe even apply light suppesion if a squad were to take a direct hit kind of like mines do.

The panzerwerfer and katyusha are alright but the sherman calliope really needs a nerf, pz4 shells bounce from the rear at close range...

I support that!
14 Jan 2018, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2018, 15:15 PMLago
One very interesting suggestion I saw in another thread is to make them work like the rest of the game's artillery - they've got a very good barrage ability but no autoattack at all.

If you combine that with the suggestions in this thread (two barrage abilities, rapid light and sustained) you'd get a unit that serves the same role but which has the similar micro requirements to the game's other team weapons.

+1
15 Jan 2018, 01:00 AM

Pls explain.

You're clearly throwing out a red-herring argument in the misguided hope that people will believe you. Is that enough of an explanation?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★