Login

russian armor

Is this game already dead?

12 Aug 2013, 10:05 AM

I started to play Coh2 beta in hope of that Coh2 would be something big in the competitive scene howver it seems like this kind of hope disapears quite fast.
The game has by now been out for about 1,5 months and well there is some 1 vs 1 tournaments like Langerskaya and the ESL Cup, I cant say so much about the langerskaya tournament because i havent played it however the ESL tournament is more WO matches then anything else, it unfortunetly feels like players already left the game.

Its also quite from the developers, there hasent been any "big news" the last day of july.
Yeah i know its in the middle of the summmer and its monday so maby im just a bit to negative but it dosent feel good.
I dont know what u guys think ?
Maby i was just hoping for to much that never came.... so far.
12 Aug 2013, 10:08 AM

Dude it's only been a month and a half. What do you expect. They still have patching and balancing to do and have a lot in the works. What do you mean WO matches? I don't expect to hear from Relic daily. They released a patch and did some streams less than two full weeks ago. Relax and get some games in. It's all good fun.
12 Aug 2013, 11:18 AM

Devs were never aiming for a competitive scene, or even a heavy multiplayer scene. Relic has never been experts at developing or fostering good multiplayer.

Game's incomplete and subpar for cost, tbfh. I could buy CoH1 now for 1/4 the price and get a product 2x better. The only reason I'm not playing that as opposed to this is because this is newer and therefore has a team working on it and a larger population. When that is the only reason I'm playing a sequel(Which is supposed to be an improvement) then you know you have issues.
12 Aug 2013, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 10:08 AMBode
Dude it's only been a month and a half. What do you expect. They still have patching and balancing to do and have a lot in the works. What do you mean WO matches? I don't expect to hear from Relic daily. They released a patch and did some streams less than two full weeks ago. Relax and get some games in. It's all good fun.

With WO i mean that there is more then 50% of the teams that never show up for the game = Walk Over.
And yeah i know its only been out for 1,5 month but big and good working games works hard in the begning to help the scene not just beeing quiet as relic seems to be, or well i guess its Sega who has the last word in this case.
12 Aug 2013, 11:56 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Can I lock this thread just cause I don't like the bummer title? :P
12 Aug 2013, 11:58 AM

Permanently Banned
It aint dead.

Its just still a babby.
12 Aug 2013, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 11:34 AMJonne
With WO i mean that there is more then 50% of the teams that never show up for the game = Walk Over.
And yeah i know its only been out for 1,5 month but big and good working games works hard in the begning to help the scene not just beeing quiet as relic seems to be, or well i guess its Sega who has the last word in this case.

From your posts I can come to conclusion that u have played vCoH very little or didnt at all
First of all most tournaments even in vCoH werent organized by Relic, second of all very very small fraction of players compete or even playmultiplayer but just stick to custom games and compstomps because this game is very hard for most people , it requires a great time investment for players to be average or better and most ppl who play this kind of RTS is older community who doesnt seek to compete (30-40yo)
The game is not dead at all i predict bright future, last couple of days i saw 30 players in 1v1 and about 70-80 in 2v2 which is quite alot and cant even remember vCoH having that much in a looong time
Second of all vCoH (at release and first year or two) had very bad balance compared to CoH2, btw CoH2 alrdy had 3 big patches since its release dunno what u and some ppl around here expect (patch every day?)
And lastly, i cant deny no leaderboards is bummer but even when they implement it for many players it wont matter as i stated in first part of this post
cheers
12 Aug 2013, 12:46 PM

In all fairness, the current playerbase on CoH2 is about the same as on CoH1, right before the servers migrated to steam. The game is not dead, but needs reanimation in the form of a few good patches.
12 Aug 2013, 12:50 PM

2-3 Patches, including Ladder and let us get a sale on steam going in at the same time with a tournament hosted by The Frontline Network.

This game is really overlooked right now because people dont know theres a scene here, and the game is expensive + alot of bad PR.

Its up to the community with the assets of Relic to make this game thrive, and i hope it does.
12 Aug 2013, 12:54 PM

stoped playin 2 weeks ago, every game is the same, rushin for Panzer IV or SU or get raped....
12 Aug 2013, 13:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The next balance patch is right around the corner!
12 Aug 2013, 13:09 PM

There are enough people for me to get matches, and I'm having lots of fun. I see a fairly consistent # of people queuing at any given time when I play (which isn't as often as I'd like).

I hope more people get into the multiplayer, but for now it seems that things are OK, if not stellar.
12 Aug 2013, 16:44 PM

the population of this game is a little bigger than vcoh, so if vcoh is not dead then this game isn't. at least this games pop is not as low as what red orchestra 2, which is an fps, and coh2 is an rts game you don't need a lot of players in a match so they don't need a big population to keep them going.
12 Aug 2013, 16:56 PM

It's not nearly as populated or as deep as COH1 in terms of the community behind it.

But then again, we really wouldn't know would we? There's no statistics in game like VCOH, no leaderboards, no map selection, no custom lobbies, no chat room feature, no in game friends feature.

It's a subpar effort from Relic compared to their first game.
12 Aug 2013, 17:13 PM
Donator 22

The only reason I'm not playing that (vCOH) as opposed to this is because this is newer and therefore has a team working on it and a larger population. When that is the only reason I'm playing a sequel(Which is supposed to be an improvement) then you know you have issues.

Nice, you really nailed what was already in my head. That is exactly why I play COH2.

Thanks, I love it when people manage to drill down a vague feeling into one thought!
12 Aug 2013, 18:15 PM

The next balance patch is right around the corner!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :)
12 Aug 2013, 18:20 PM

From your posts I can come to conclusion that u have played vCoH very little or didnt at all
First of all most tournaments even in vCoH werent organized by Relic, second of all very very small fraction of players compete or even playmultiplayer but just stick to custom games and compstomps because this game is very hard for most people , it requires a great time investment for players to be average or better and most ppl who play this kind of RTS is older community who doesnt seek to compete (30-40yo)
The game is not dead at all i predict bright future, last couple of days i saw 30 players in 1v1 and about 70-80 in 2v2 which is quite alot and cant even remember vCoH having that much in a looong time
Second of all vCoH (at release and first year or two) had very bad balance compared to CoH2, btw CoH2 alrdy had 3 big patches since its release dunno what u and some ppl around here expect (patch every day?)
And lastly, i cant deny no leaderboards is bummer but even when they implement it for many players it wont matter as i stated in first part of this post
cheers

I played Coh 1 just for some weeks when it was released for ages ago, so no unfortunetly i dont have all to much experience from that scene.
Howver i been active in the Battlefield scene ( Battlefield 1942 / Vietnam / 2 / 3 etc.. ) since about 10 years back where i started to play competitive in some of the more sucesfull teams and there after been manager for some of the bigger BF2 and BF3 leagues in europe so i write what i did with my knowledge from how a scene looks like in the Battlefied.
I have unfortunetly also seen in Battlefield how big differeance it is if the developer really wants the game to get big and survive or they only want to push DLC after DLC to get some monwy.

But well thans a lot for your answer and i apriciate ur opinion and lest now hope the scene will grow :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
unknown 6
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak