Login

russian armor

Lets talk about Encirclement Doctrine

5 Jan 2018, 04:13 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As we all know Encirclement Doctrine is extremely map dependent and extremely heavy on munitions on a faction that is most starved on munitions. For my mod I am working on, I am reworking this doctrine. I have Stormtroopers adjusted to my liking so it is not overlapping with ambush camouflage. The problem is Close the Pocket and how the doctrine revolves around it. This means if I am going to improved Encirclement then I am an going to have to completely change or alter Close the Pocket. While I love the doctrine the most, it has to be changed.

Encirclement doctrine was about pulling off an idea of "encircling." However it was about did your opponent build cashes? Or is your opponent watching? For a rework I would like to focus on doctrine of mobility to "encircle" the opponent. This is what I have so far.

0CP: Vehicle Breakthrough (50 Munitions)
0CP: Ambush Camouflage
2CP: Stormtroopers
-280 mp
-no longer automatically comes with camouflage
-initial spawn allows 30 seconds of camouflage
-can be upgraded with camouflage (research time reduced to 20 seconds from 30)
-can be upgraded with PzB 39s for AT
-(experimental) can be upgraded to a flamer.
-throws a cooked stick grenade instead of a bundle grenade
-Vet 1 allows for tactical assault.
reduces to a walking pace but increases accuracy by 10% and burst duration by 50%

Supply break is crutch for close the pocket and another reason why encirclement is so munitions based so if I am going to removed close the pocket then Supply Break can go as well.

For the last two abilities, we will need to reference the other two doctrines with stormtroopers.
Elite troops has the Tiger Ace so a heavy tank option is off the table.
I have added stormtroopers to Storm Doctrine (it fits so well in) so lefh 18 is off the table as well.
Additionally the anti infantry upgraded is different per doctrine. Elite troops has G43s and the Storm Doctrine I have MP41(r)'s. (PPSHs equal to Thompsons)

Here are some of my ideas:

1. Incendiary weapons
Mortars can fire incendiary barrages
Storm troopers, Grenadiers, Panzergrenadiers, and Pioneers can throw 'OKW' incendiary grenades.

2. Command Panther
it would slightly overlap with elite troops but a tiger and panther are very different.

3. 223 call in
A radio variant of the the 221/222

4. Unique Aircraft Loiter
The JU87 did have a Armament of 4 50 kg bombs so perhaps a loiter of dropping four precise bombs?

If you all have any ideas, lets hear it.

5 Jan 2018, 10:30 AM

One can simply redesign "close the pocket" to something else than very hard to pull off but I do I win the game.
Example:
Now targets a enemy single sector. Enemy units within the sector suffer a +5% TS and -5% armor penalty for each sector bordering that is neutral or enemy controlled. If the targeted sector becomes neutral penalties are doubled but capped at 30%.
5 Jan 2018, 11:11 AM

What about PzB 39s Acc for Anti infantry ?
5 Jan 2018, 14:01 PM
5 Jan 2018, 14:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2018, 10:30 AMVipper
One can simply redesign "close the pocket" to something else than very hard to pull off but I do I win the game.
Example:
Now targets a enemy single sector. Enemy units within the sector suffer a +5% TS and -5% armor penalty for each sector bordering that is neutral or enemy controlled. If the targeted sector becomes neutral penalties are doubled but capped at 30%.

My problem with this is when will a sector will be capped while units are still on it? Additionally, target sectors are still too map dependent seeing there are a lot of sectors on some maps that are long and skinny.

Edit: Also This what I thought about before as a "I win button."

(video is still uploading 20min eta)

I would like to get away from I win buttons.
5 Jan 2018, 14:49 PM

They will be equal to Guards PTRS.

good to hear Remove Shreck but get jack to trade like AT Rifle
i hope mix with 1 gren for play
5 Jan 2018, 15:03 PM

My problem with this is when will a sector will be capped while units are still on it? Additionally, target sectors are still too map dependent seeing there are a lot of sectors on some maps that are long and skinny.

That is where "break supply line" ability comes in. The bonus can be doubled when out of supply or decaped.

Edit: Also This what I thought about before as a "I win button."

(video is still uploading 20min eta)

I would like to get away from I win buttons.

Well giving penalties is hardly a I win button. You ability does look to strong. One could tone it down to work more like soviet propaganda.
6 Jan 2018, 02:20 AM

Close pocket should unleash Call in Strike Push them back to HQ
In this clip I Think not work if them fall back to HQ
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment