Login

russian armor

Future Units Wishlist

17 Aug 2013, 15:12 PM

i just want them to implement the units that we've seen in campaign and in screenshots that aren't in the game yet

Which ones are missing?
17 Aug 2013, 16:11 PM

Jagdpanther is worse version of the Elephant so why you want it in game?

Jagdtigers never fought on eastern front....

Hetzer was weak, Jagdpanzer seems more viable

Panzer II was obsolete before war against soviets, only "Luchs" seems good but still I can't imagine this unit in game...

Fallschirmjagers means paratroopers, so why you called them airborne fallschrimjaegers....

T-44 = learn history, those tanks never fought in WW2, first time used during Hungarian military intervention in 1956.

SU-122 was one of weakest soviet tanks, KV-2 would be more interesting.

RF-8 and NKŁ-26 - wtf dude seriously....

ZSU-37 seems good

I don't understand why you want soviet paratroopers in the game... soviets used a few paradrops, but still most of their paratroopers were going on foot.

Jagdpanther for the reason it could be a complete counter to the SU85 coming out of the Ostheer Heavy Tank factory.

Jagdtiger true didn't fight on the eastern front.

Hetzer could fill a role of an Ostheer light tank and perhaps counter the T-70 in early game use. Jagdpanzer is a Hetzer unless you mean another variant which then deviates from the role of a light tank.

A Panzer II was a Luchs it was a Panzer II Lynx=English translation.

Airborne Fallschirmjäger meaning AIR BORNE so they actually para insert in the game.

T-44 wasn’t in WW2 thanks for the observation I wasn’t aware of that.

SU-122 was self-propelled artillery not a Tank so I can imagine why it would appear as a weak Tank but in my theory it would fill the role of self-propelled artillery should those roles come into the game at a later date.

“KV-2 (334) – A heavy assault tank with the M-10 152 mm howitzer, the KV-2 was produced at the same time as the KV-1. Due to the size of its heavy turret and gun, the KV-2 was slower and had a much higher profile than the KV-1. Those captured and used by the German Army were known as (Sturm)Panzer kampfwagen KV-II 754(r) and often used for artillery observation due to its height.”

“RF-8 and NKŁ-26 - wtf dude seriously” Not sure why you feel the need to come so aggressive over someone opinion but I believe these vehicles and those of the Aerosani/Snow sled’s nature would be an exciting unit addition to the Cold Tech feature of this game. Could come from the HQ’s building and fill an additional scout vehicle role.

ZSU-37 Would be make an excellent Ostwind mirror.

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in with your opinion but do try to understand the full scope of the thread that it’s a “theory crafting, future, wishlist” and try to refrain from negativity and assumptions.

17 Aug 2013, 16:27 PM

Jagdpanther is worse version of the Elefant so why you want it in game?

Hetzer was weak, Jagdpanzer seems more viable

Jagdpanther was infact the best tank destroyer of the war. It combines the performance of the long 88mm/L71 with the mobility of a goddamn Panther. Frontal armor is still that of a Panther and couldn´t be penetrated by anything smaller than a ISU-152. In fact the Jagdpanther was a success and the Elefant was a flop. Imagine you have a Panther with teh range and gun of the Elefant - definitely better than that "mobile" bunker the Elefant is right now.

Hetzer was available in relatively huge numbers at the end of the war (for the German army that is). It was despite being small still able to fight medium tanks. In fact the frontal armor of the Hetzer was 60mm and so well sloped that even the 85mm gun couldn´t go through it beyond 300m.

From a gaming perspective both tanks could very well fit in the game in an actual tank destroyer doctrine (not the pseudo one that has the Elefant). It would be nice to actually be able to hunt soviet tanks rather than sitting around with the Elefant or running away from Su-85.
17 Aug 2013, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 08:15 AMheals93
Some units I would love to see added to CoH2 would be:

Ostheer:
Airborne Fallschirmjäger (Inf)
Jagdpanther (Heavy Tank Destroyer)
Jagdtiger (Heavy Tank Destroyer)
King Tiger (Heavy Tank)
Gebirgsjäger (Inf)
Hummel (Self Propelled Artillery)
Hetzer (Light Tank Destroyer)
Panzerkampfwagen II (Light Tank)

Soviet:
Russian Airborne Troops known as VDV Vozdushno-desantnye voyska
T-44 (Medium Tank)
SU-122 (Self Propelled Artillery)
NKL-26 (Aerosani/Airsled)
RF-8 (Aerosani/Airsled)
T-90 (Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun)
ZSU-37 (Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun)

Now all of these units have historical factors that can keep them out of the game so before the History fanatics pour in this is only a wishlist. So try to keep feedback inline with Wishlist additional units and pull back from steering off-topic.

Thanks

+1 +1
17 Aug 2013, 17:02 PM

SU-100 is missing, the late war!!!!

Panther G or Panther F for the late war!!!!
17 Aug 2013, 17:10 PM
Donator 11

Did they ever add units via patch in vCOH ? I don't remember.

(Obviously I'm not talking about PE or Brit)
17 Aug 2013, 17:29 PM

I think they added the King Tiger (it was a Tiger ace before) but I'm not 100% sure.
17 Aug 2013, 17:35 PM

Tiger Ace become King Tiger via opposing front release
17 Aug 2013, 17:46 PM

gebirgsjaeger would actually be really cool doctrinal call-ins for the ostheer.

in winter maps they could have skies or something and get bonuses when crossing rough snow like on langreskaya, with det pack abilities :p
18 Aug 2013, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2013, 15:12 PMwuff

Which ones are missing?

Panzer 3 Early Model
Stug 3 Early Model
Russian Transport Truck
That weird looking thing in the loading screens of pripyat summer
the small AT gun
18 Aug 2013, 00:30 AM

Which ones are missing?

Short Barreled AI StuG, another (heavier?) Soviet Machine Gun and heavy self propelled Artillery Pieces I believe. Oh an Commisssars.

Jagdpanther is worse version of the Elefant so why you want it in game?

If anything the Jagdpanther was a "good version" of the Elefant.

The Elefant was a piece of trash, the J-Panther might have been the most powerful Tankdestroyer of the war.

Storm Trooper

Please stop requesting "Storm Troopers"
Storm Troopers were not a thing. Stoßtruppen were an Assault unit during the FIRST world war.
The so called "Storm Trooper" in vCoH were just what Panzergrendiere are now. Waffen SS with Assault Rifles.
18 Aug 2013, 00:34 AM

If anything the Jagdpanther was a "good version" of the Elefant.

The Elefant was a piece of trash, the J-Panther might have been the most powerful Tankdestroyer of the war.

Yea, jagdpanther was better if you won't include 88mm pak43 cannon and 200mm frontal armor and every soviet tank getting one-shotted by this tank
18 Aug 2013, 00:48 AM

Yea, jagdpanther was better if you won't include 88mm pak43 cannon and 200mm frontal armor and every soviet tank getting one-shotted by this tank

First - 200 mm of vertical Armour vs the JPanthers thinner but highly sloped ones.

And Second - you do realise that the J-Panther had a Pak43 too, right?

Beside that, the JPanther was based on the far superior and advanced Panther chassis instead of the horrible Porsche-Tiger one the Elefant used. That machine couldnt drive up a hill without its underpowered engine going up in flames.

18 Aug 2013, 01:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think the AT HT from the PE would be pretty cool to have against m3's and t70
18 Aug 2013, 01:31 AM

There is no future. The numbers of CoH2 players on steam has almost decreased to those playing the new steam version of the original game. Keep in mind that Coh is a few years old, whereas CoH2 just came out a couple of months ago.
18 Aug 2013, 02:54 AM

Ostheer;

-PzIII tank in T3. A lightish vehicle that can pack a decent punch would be a nice addition to their arsenal. Make it better AT than AI so it isin't a copy/paste of the T-70, and move PzIV to T4.
-Fallshirmjaeger infantry OR Brandeburger commandos; basically, doctrinal elite infantry. Probably long-ranged, dedicated AI with a cloak. The PE Falls in COH are a good template.

Red Army;

-KV-1 tank added to T3, doctrinal upgrade allows the flamethrower so it becomes a KV-8. I feel like the Soviets could use a linebreaker tank, what they have is just too fragile. Give it a crappy gun like IRl to balance it.
-Partisans; doctrinal infantry, weak in direct combat (think Ostruppen) but experts at distruption. Can cloak, lay cheaper demo charges, and plant those nifty PE booby traps on points and buildings for maximum trollitude. Also gain a big first strike bonus on taking cloak, making them useful for ambushes but crap at sustained combat. As in, they lose to Pioneers out in the open, but can challenge LMG grens if they ambush.

I only added units that would be viable in actual gameplay. Yes Jadgpanthers are cool but their role is already taken by the Elefant.
18 Aug 2013, 07:03 AM

How could someone say no to this Tasty Beast!

18 Aug 2013, 11:12 AM

Strictly speaking, the Fallschirmjagers were para-troopers only in name following the invasion of Crete which happened shortly before Barbarossa, as Die Fuhrer believed the losses they suffered indicated that airborne operations were no longer viable (weirdly enough, impressed by their tenacity in combat, the Americans and the British came to the opposite conclusion, and thus the British Commando and the American Para-trooper concept was born). During the invasion of the Soviet Union, the Fallschirmjagers functioned effectively as a regular (albeit very well-trained and battle-hardened) infantry unit.

Being a favourite of mine from vCoH, I do hope to see them as DLC at some point, perhaps being a rough equivalent to Shock Troopers.
19 Aug 2013, 04:43 AM

Jagdtiger... granted think it fought mostly on Western Front and was a considerable failure but man, the raw power and armor it had.

I also would like to see German infantry call ins, Fallschirmjagers would be my choice.
22 Sep 2013, 17:31 PM

I would like to suggest adding Infantry support guns as T2 unit for both factions and buff AT guns accuracy against armor.

Infantry support guns would provide short range direct fire with small High explosive rounds (weak, baby version of ISU 152 rounds or short barrel StuG) and light barrage ability similar to ZiS 3 now (but It could be removed from AT gun, it's ridiculous).

Also they could deal with vehicles using HEAT round shoot ability (pretty much an 6kg AT nade) able to severely damage/destroy light vehicles and slow down heavier ones - it would had chance of damaging engine like AT nades and panzerfausts.

Osther - 7.5 cm leIG 18

Cost 380mp
Crew of 4
Barrage ability - free, 50s cool-down
HEAT round shot - 75 munition, 20s cooldown
Faster rate of fire than soviet counterpart

Soviets - 76mm regimental gun M1943 - it's carriage is same like in small 45mm AT gun from campaign.

Cost 380mp
Crew of 6
Barrage ability - free, 70s cooldown
HEAT round shot - 75 munition, 20s cooldown
Larger damage and AOE than german counterpart
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
unknown 16
New Zealand 22

Ladders Top 10

• #