Login

russian armor

Too many players left...

PAGES (11)down
20 Aug 2013, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2013, 18:54 PMNoun
Just to be clear we are very happy with the performance of CoH 2 so far. It's tracking very well against the sales of our other games, including DoW II and the original CoH. Some of that's made the news: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/31/sega-financials-rise-on-positive-company-of-heroes-2-sales

We have a long term plan to support the game and will continue to roll out new features. For example today we're adding map veto. We have an aggressive support plan in place that will see new content dropping regularly, much of it for free. We are in an exceptionally good place with a publisher who understands both what we want to do and the PC gaming market.

People will come and go as the game grows and changes. A lot of people just buy games for the single player experience, and after a few months will have finished up the campaign and other missions only to return when more of that stuff comes is released. Others, like most of you, only really play for multiplayer and so will stay on constantly as long as you're having fun.

Whether or not you're having fun is up to you, and we're eager for all the feedback we can get about why you may or may not be having fun. That helps us improve the game and we definitely appreciate it.

But the rumors of CoH 2's death are greatly exaggerated.

As for leaderboards we're very thankful for the hard work that COH2.ORG put into the ladders here. We will have Steam Leaderboards, which are being built by a third party who has been much slower than they should be.

If you think about who might be the non-Relic company responsible for Steam Leaderboards you may guess who it is. For whatever reason they promised us Leaderboards at launch and have so far failed to provide them.

We're sorry about that, and for now it's beyond our control. However it did prompt us to work with COH2.ORG to provide something in the meantime and I think these ones are probably cooler.

Over the past years I have become a very sceptical and cautious customer when it comes to PC-Games and the CoH - along with the Total War franchise are some of the few game series I still trust.
raw
21 Aug 2013, 08:56 AM

If you think about who might be the non-Relic company responsible for Steam Leaderboards you may guess who it is. For whatever reason they promised us Leaderboards at launch and have so far failed to provide them.

Valve?
21 Aug 2013, 10:08 AM

Yeah gotta be Valve :-(
21 Aug 2013, 11:00 AM

Valve is slow as shit making their own stuff, let alone somebody else's product.

Just to be clear we are very happy with the performance of CoH 2 so far. It's tracking very well against the sales of our other games, including DoW II and the original CoH. Some of that's made the news: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/31/sega-financials-rise-on-positive-company-of-heroes-2-sales

"The report states Sega Sammy has seen a 416 percent increase in profits during Q1, "

Holy shit.
21 Aug 2013, 12:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

We have a long term plan to support the game and will continue to roll out new features. For example today we're adding map veto. We have an aggressive support plan in place that will see new content dropping regularly, much of it for free. We are in an exceptionally good place with a publisher who understands both what we want to do and the PC gaming market.

People will come and go as the game grows and changes. A lot of people just buy games for the single player experience, and after a few months will have finished up the campaign and other missions only to return when more of that stuff comes is released. Others, like most of you, only really play for multiplayer and so will stay on constantly as long as you're having fun.

Whether or not you're having fun is up to you, and we're eager for all the feedback we can get about why you may or may not be having fun. That helps us improve the game and we definitely appreciate it.

As for leaderboards we're very thankful for the hard work that COH2.ORG put into the ladders here. We will have Steam Leaderboards, which are being built by a third party who has been much slower than they should be.

We're sorry about that, and for now it's beyond our control. However it did prompt us to work with COH2.ORG to provide something in the meantime and I think these ones are probably cooler.

Thank you for the update Noun!
raw
21 Aug 2013, 14:14 PM

"The report states Sega Sammy has seen a 416 percent increase in profits during Q1, "

Holy shit.

It's not like they have any other product of note :bananadance:
21 Aug 2013, 16:31 PM

The problem in Coh2 isn't really the quality but the lack of features. I can't even comprehend how much work it takes to work on and release a game like CoH2 as it's definitely more than I can imagine.

People will always find something to bitch about, that's just how things are I'm sure you guys know that but in many peoples eyes CoH2 was released as an incomplete game; the whole multiplayer side of CoH2 feels very inferior to the singleplayer portion.

I think a lot of the negative feedback has to do with people feeling you guys just haven't fully achieved their expectations they've built up from CoH. I think it's great that CoH2 stayed true to it's roots in the gameplay department where it's pretty solid but once again everything but the core game feels either uninspiring (bulletins) and rushed (experience system) or non-existant (in game ladders, chat lobbies, clan support). I'll have to add that CoH2 is one of the buggiest games I've played since probably Elder scrolls 4 Oblivion, I lost count how many times my game crashed on startup due to apparently having something to do with my replays folder.

It's great you guys are working on some of the multiplayer features that are missing from the game but I feel some of the ones I mentioned are pretty essential for a successful game. While I understand you guys are a business and working for free on new features is counterproductive there just simply needs to be more content added to really make this game feel whole.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 21 Aug 2013, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 14:14 PMraw

It's not like they have any other product of note :bananadance:

Not sure if you're serious or not. The dancing banana is pretty tricky that way.

But apparently SEGA is a huge company in Japan and us in the west only see a fraction of what they do. I was surprised to learn at one early meeting upon returning to Relic that it's a company that's as big or bigger than EA.
21 Aug 2013, 18:04 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 16:46 PMNoun

Not sure if you're serious or not. The dancing banana is pretty tricky that way.

But apparently SEGA is a huge company in Japan and us in the west only see a fraction of what they do. I was surprised to learn at one early meeting upon returning to Relic that it's a company that's as big or bigger than EA.

Were you living in a cave? Everyone knows that SEGA is huge =)
21 Aug 2013, 18:17 PM
21 Aug 2013, 18:39 PM
21 Aug 2013, 20:00 PM

rel·ic
/ˈrelik/
Noun
An object surviving from an earlier time, esp. one of historical or sentimental interest.
A part of a deceased holy person's body or belongings kept as an object of reverence.
21 Aug 2013, 20:10 PM

CoH2 has been out of Steam's top 10 best seller list for the "Strategy category" for weeks now.

Sega has no problem suing THQ. But, they do nothing about the ladders. Just the occasional fan forum board entry where they implicate Valve without saying it.

Then they get a volunteer group to make the ladder.

If Valve has violated the terms of the contract then sue them. Don't post meandering explanations on a fan forum board.

Again, this just erodes Relic's credibility.

1) player totals almost always under 5,000 combined ( as low as 1,500)
2) other published comments on sales and CoH2's absence from Steam's
3) absence for weeks from Steam's Top 10 Strategy Titles ( a narrow niche on its own)

These facts indicate to me we'll have a Steam Sale for CoH2 in a matter of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see if the imminent Steam Sale increases the player base.

On a positive note, it's great that Relic listens carefully to the multiplayer community. Relic's patches continue to improve the game.
21 Aug 2013, 20:20 PM

Sega doesn`t only make games =)

What else do they make / publish?

They make mostly mediocre games, they ranked 8th / 9th on overall quality of titles they have released in 2012.

Sega may well be a huge company, maybe bigger than EA but they lack quality compared to the big publishers.
21 Aug 2013, 20:28 PM

CoH2 has been out of Steam's top 10 best seller list for the "Strategy category" for weeks now.

Sega has no problem suing THQ. But, they do nothing about the ladders. Just the occasional fan forum board entry where they implicate Valve without saying it.

Then they get a volunteer group to make the ladder.

If Valve has violated the terms of the contract then sue them. Don't post meandering explanations on a fan forum board.

Again, this just erodes Relic's credibility.

1) player totals almost always under 5,000 combined ( as low as 1,500)
2) other published comments on sales and CoH2's absence from Steam's
3) absence for weeks from Steam's Top 10 Strategy Titles ( a narrow niche on its own)

These facts indicate to me we'll have a Steam Sale for CoH2 in a matter of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see if the imminent Steam Sale increases the player base.

On a positive note, it's great that Relic listens carefully to the multiplayer community. Relic's patches continue to improve the game.

COH2 mp stats is not in anyway a sign of how well the game has sold, many people buy the game purely for the SP and may touch the MP every now and then or never. I bought VCOH when it was launched, never touched the MP.

Valve never release the sales figures.
21 Aug 2013, 21:51 PM

Wait a second... 380,000 units of Coh2 sold?!?!? HUH?!?!?! That means that at any given time only .1% (380 at best) are playing multiplayer at any given time?!? LOL. Yeah right.

More like 38 people. If that... CANNOT BELIEVE THE TURNOVER IS POOR. Sorry. No way is an entire game mode only being played by .01% of a game ownership at any given time. Sega is WISHING they sold 380,000.

In fact... 380,000 x $60 is 22 million dollars. Probably more like 30 with aditonal DLC and exclusive editions.
ntd
21 Aug 2013, 22:01 PM
Admin Black Badge

DGN...that's the people searching at any given time, not everyone playing the whole game.
21 Aug 2013, 22:03 PM

Where are the sales statistics? Can we get them? I'd really like to know the truth and frankly, I don't trust relic nor the assumptions on here.
21 Aug 2013, 22:06 PM
Benefactor 115

you can read Sega's first quarter reports for this financial year. All the numbers are there.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/2014031q_hosoku_e_final.pdf
21 Aug 2013, 22:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 21:51 PMTheDGN
Wait a second... 380,000 units of Coh2 sold?!?!? HUH?!?!?! That means that at any given time only .1% (380 at best) are playing multiplayer at any given time?!? LOL. Yeah right.

More like 38 people. If that... CANNOT BELIEVE THE TURNOVER IS POOR. Sorry. No way is an entire game mode only being played by .01% of a game ownership at any given time. Sega is WISHING they sold 380,000.

In fact... 380,000 x $60 is 22 million dollars. Probably more like 30 with aditonal DLC and exclusive editions.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown unit sold: 390,000
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70978/xcom-enemy-unknown/

Average players online on steam: 4,000 let's say 5,000 because it doesn't require steam.
Source:
http://steamcharts.com/app/200510

so that equals 1,28% of players playing the game.

COH2:

380,000 units sold
6,000 players on average.

=1.57%

I'm surprised as well, but it does seem to make sense.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS