Login

russian armor

Too many players left...

PAGES (11)down
14 Aug 2013, 19:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

You know, it just occurred to me that you could read the title of this post as "there are too many people who are still playing the game".
14 Aug 2013, 23:09 PM

jeez guys give it a little break. Leaderboards are up, ony 3-4 weeks after release. Just think what is going to happen in a year! 2 years!? Positives i hope. and Slu is right, coh2 sorely lacks depth but its still fun.
15 Aug 2013, 00:46 AM

I'm a new COH2 player, and shelled out $120 for this game.
I played the single player on a hacked version, and was so impressed i immediately brought the collector version.
I paid the extra 50% to show my support for companies developing PC games that actually utilize my PC, not this x-box crap that hasn't improved for 4 years.

I don't generally enjoy competitive multiplayer games as i don't have the patience/skills to get good.
I have really been enjoying the COH2 multiplayer though as its not twitch based and gives you time to think.

I guess im not your average gamer, but there has to be many others like me out there.
I have no gaming friends in RL, and no steam friends as im not a big MP gamer...

I don't see how the lack of a lobby would discourage casual gamers? personally i would use automatch anyway. if i had a friend who played, i could arrange a match with him, so i don't really see the issue?

Not being able to select a map is good i feel, while i don't love every map, playing a variety of maps keeps it fresh, and i feel if maps were selectable i would end up playing on 2-3 maps all the time (weather i wanted to or not as others would be unpopular and hard to get a game on)

The metagame is a bit shallow at the moment but i feel this will improve in time... the base is there.

While i'm certainly not a high level player, i've been able to win without su85's numerous times.

3 t-34's are very potent (well not the firepower, but the ram)

p4's are usually out well before su85's and if people pushed me of the fuel with there first p4 rather than camping there base with it i probably wouldn't get su85's out.
su85's do need a debuff i agree... perhaps if they were slower?

But i am happy with my purchase and the game (only full price game i have brought this year)
15 Aug 2013, 02:06 AM

I for one completely quit playing since the last patch--sounds like I'm not the only one. Balance is horrible. Meta is beyond stale--there is zero dynamism in gameplay. None.

It's ironic or sad, or both, that early beta had more dynamic gameplay than the current state. Every word spoken on this site and the official forum has done nothing to change things. It is all really a waste of time and effort.

To the defend-the-DEV's-at-all-cost fanboys: enjoy playing by yourselves... because soon you will be the only ones playing. Sooner than you think...
15 Aug 2013, 03:46 AM

I threw in the towel last night after 3 nights of losing to Soviets I won't be playing this game until it gets better balance and more strategy variations its always the same strat I hate being forced in what units to use if I want a chance of winning.

Rome II is around the corner and Payday2 will tie me over until then
15 Aug 2013, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2013, 03:46 AMheals93
I threw in the towel last night after 3 nights of losing to Soviets I won't be playing this game until it gets better balance and more strategy variations its always the same strat I hate being forced in what units to use if I want a chance of winning.

Why are you quitting. It is clearly possible to beat soviets. If you weren't able to then sit back, watch the replays, maybe post some, and see what you did wrong.

I too was very frustrated in vCoH when I would lose time after time to obvious strategies that, in-game, I just didn't seem able to counter. But someone was countering them and I just had to learn how. And how to recognize what was being played against me. I am still learning those things.

We lose sometimes. We have bad nights sometimes. We draw players better than us as opponents sometimes.

But for all the whining about balance, if you look at the leaderboards it seems that on average Germans have a higher percentage win ratio for a given rank than Soviets. One could infer that Germans win more often and so are the OP team.
15 Aug 2013, 16:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2013, 03:46 AMheals93

I'm having an easier time with Ostheer then Soviets.
15 Aug 2013, 16:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Average win/loss ratio of top ten players in 1v1 at this moment is:
Sov: .811
Ost: .814
15 Aug 2013, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2013, 16:42 PMNullist
Average win/loss ratio of top ten players in 1v1 at this moment is:
Sov: .811
Ost: .814

ya but if you took the top 100 I think you would find that there are a lot more Germans with a plus .7 winrate not mention a lot more games played for germans, plenty of soviets in the top 15 with less then a 100 games. the point being the game is still new and people are still figuring some things out. Certain units need some changes and the game will open up more.
15 Aug 2013, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Cba calculating the rest. You can do that. I was just pointing it out. Didnt make any judgement based on it.
15 Aug 2013, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2013, 07:25 AMSepha

I don't really know that much about the staff team they have or have had, I just made acquaintances with some of the Relic employees over the years but not more than that.

Thanks. I asked you because the first coh was such a grand game when first introduced. Coh2 is good and an improvement in many ways, but doesn't come across as grand as the first. Given the time it took to make it, this is really disappointing. My guess is that the main force behind the original coh was/is no longer involved in the second game.
18 Aug 2013, 08:57 AM

At the end of the day, I reckon this is probably going to take as much a similar path as Red Orchestra 2 did.

I'll admit, I haven't been part of the Red Orchestra 2 release. However, I heard that it had its fair share of problems. However, within a year or two, they fixed the problems and it is now more active than ever, especially with the addition of Rising Storm.

COH2, for now, has its fair share of problems post-release and it is kinda painful to play through. Will COH2 be a good game? Yes, considering the dev input, but it'll be in a year or two considering the dev input. In the meantime, prepare to not have so many players playing until things are more polished.
18 Aug 2013, 11:31 AM

RO2 is also a really cheap game.
raw
18 Aug 2013, 11:57 AM

Considering there are about 2 games on the market worth playing, CoH2 being one of them, I can't really state "I quit CoH2" because, well, I would have nothing left to play.

The leaderboard situation is a grim one, indeed. And so is the entire industry.
18 Aug 2013, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 11:57 AMraw
Considering there are about 2 games on the market worth playing, CoH2 being one of them, I can't really state "I quit CoH2" because, well, I would have nothing left to play.

The leaderboard situation is a grim one, indeed. And so is the entire industry.

You know, that's exactly how I feel, although I feel so disillusioned by the state of COH2 and its community at the moment that I rather play some other games at the moment.

It's kinda taken me off competitive gaming altogether. Here was me, a year ago, really wanting to climb that ladder on VCoH, now I couldn't care less.
18 Aug 2013, 15:48 PM

I think relic's careful approach to game balance is admirable, but right now its just going altogether too slow. There are a number of minor fixes they could patch now that would go a long way to improving gameplay and the competitive scene that the community is generally in agreement on. I don't think it should have taken a month to fix HTD and strafe for example.

$60 for the game at this point is too much, it needs to drop $20 ASAP. Relic is hurting financially because of the all the issues during development so they probably wouldnt drop the price yet, but this game needs an infusion of fresh players + some balance changes to retain them. A small percentage of those new players will stick around in the 1v1 competitive scene instead of getting to mission 2 on the campaign and quitting to go play 4v4 comp stomps, but the community is small enough that ANY new players is a good thing. COH2 isnt SC2 or Skyrim that is selling enough copies to stay at the $60 price point for years.
18 Aug 2013, 20:47 PM

Why in the world is the ladder situation a grim one? There are ladders. Quite frankly, I would rather have the elite competitive community here run them than Relic.
18 Aug 2013, 21:34 PM

My main concern at the moment is the amount of mutual lags and lag kicks I see. I imagine it's more of a big deal where I am in the ladder than at the very competitive level but I'm finding a lot of games where an opponent's PC can't handle the blizzards or they're in Australia and the P2P cba with it or something and I get handed a loss when they drop or get kicked.

If this is somewhat prevalent then I think it's going to suppress the playerbase quite a lot. Noone wants to be halfway through a decent game, get the edge then get handed a loss thanks to something they know isn't their own PC or internet.
19 Aug 2013, 01:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 20:47 PMboc120
Why in the world is the ladder situation a grim one? There are ladders. Quite frankly, I would rather have the elite competitive community here run them than Relic.

Ladders aren't so important, but its certainly incentive to play more.

After all, isn't it great to know if you're getting better at a game?

However, if there is little incentive to play the game, then ladders don't matter at all - what's the worth of climbing a ladder of a game that you don't care about.

That said, I care about COH2 but not as much as I did with COH1
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6
Germany 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %