Login

russian armor

New Wehrmacht Jäger Infantry

31 Dec 2017, 21:27 PM

These new five-man squads show beyond a doubt how crippled Ostheer is compared to all other factions in the game. And UKF is a bloody joke, when they literally also get four-man squads but those squads do obscene damage while in cover (strictly better than Ostheer) and can have five models on top of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVbG2Nw6X1E

Rigghttt.
31 Dec 2017, 23:18 PM

Rigghttt.
1 time thing , if we count this she should count that last game I lost to is while greens were in yellow vs no cover , and in the same game they lost to is coming closer both with no cover
2 Jan 2018, 04:05 AM

I lost to is while greens were in yellow vs no cover ,

Rigghttttt.

Do you have a recording or are you just saying it?
2 Jan 2018, 16:19 PM

In my expierence granadiers must be work with the weapons teams., They arent an offensive unit., Are a defensive one., they can attack of course., but in quantities and well covered., You know in a "secured Scenario" with Tanks and Mortars well placed., Can get the job done., Vs anything except any kind of core/shock infantry. when this guys appear you need to help them to win. in my games my granadiers never Engage this kind of enemy without Help. i know that my dear allies can recover from losses much better and come back to the field in the half that my troops can go to my base running refill., heal and come back.

221 Sdkfz is A MUST to hold the ground and recover heavy weapons.

if you think that your Ostheer Infantry can win toe to toe Vs Allies CORE infantry you are playing the game Wrong. you need HMG support, Mortar support., planes to check the and know the attack vectors.

if the granadiers are not well placed they are going to die., you best bet is trying to fight the enemy in a defensive matter. waiting., ambushing and always at maximum range where they shine.

Just an opinion.
2 Jan 2018, 17:34 PM

Rigghttttt.

Do you have a recording or are you just saying it?
no, but I was so triggered that i remember all and you know what, i recreated both situation on custom only for you https://sendvid.com/5fr0m0ng

PS: RIGGHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
2 Jan 2018, 19:35 PM

no, but I was so triggered that i remember all and you know what, i recreated both situation on custom only for you https://sendvid.com/5fr0m0ng

Now reduce the Grenadiers' damage by another third, and you have the same situation when Volksgrenadiers go up against literally any baseline Allied infantry.

Between this and how the 222 has no armor and never hits ANYTHING (not hyperbole, its weapons literally do not land any hits, it deals zero damage over the course of the first ten seconds of any engagement), as well as a variety of other blatant failures, this game is an utter farce.

Literally EVERY SINGLE Allied unit is a threat to Axis players, yet the Axis arsenal (both Ostheer and OKW) is laiden with noob traps like the 222, where if you build the unit, you've already lost, not for any fault of your own, not for lack of tactics, but because the unit just does not do anything.

What a joke.

If Axis infantry was meant to be long range, then they should deal the same kind of obscene damage at long range as Allied infantry deals in close range. Allied players should scream in terror and slam Retreat if they ever fail to flank and get close to Axis infantry, in the same way Axis infantry screams and hits Retreat at mere sight of Allied infantry in close range.

But no, giving Axis forces actually threatening units would clearly not be politically correct or something. Ridiculous.
2 Jan 2018, 20:01 PM

Now reduce the Grenadiers' damage by another third, and you have the same situation when Volksgrenadiers go up against literally any baseline Allied infantry.

Between this and how the 222 has no armor and never hits ANYTHING (not hyperbole, its weapons literally do not land any hits, it deals zero damage over the course of the first ten seconds of any engagement), as well as a variety of other blatant failures, this game is an utter farce.

Literally EVERY SINGLE Allied unit is a threat to Axis players, yet the Axis arsenal (both Ostheer and OKW) is laiden with noob traps like the 222, where if you build the unit, you've already lost, not for any fault of your own, not for lack of tactics, but because the unit just does not do anything.

What a joke.

If Axis infantry was meant to be long range, then they should deal the same kind of obscene damage at long range as Allied infantry deals in close range. Allied players should scream in terror and slam Retreat if they ever fail to flank and get close to Axis infantry, in the same way Axis infantry screams and hits Retreat at mere sight of Allied infantry in close range.

But no, giving Axis forces actually threatening units would clearly not be politically correct or something. Ridiculous.
as you can see he still need to respond
2 Jan 2018, 20:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

"not hyperbole, its weapons literally do not land any hits, it deals zero damage..."
- Someone using blatant hyperbole in a situation where something does not literally land zero hits and do zero damage
2 Jan 2018, 21:05 PM

"not hyperbole, its weapons literally do not land any hits, it deals zero damage..."
- Someone using blatant hyperbole in a situation where something does not literally land zero hits and do zero damage

"Between this and how the 222 has no armor and never hits ANYTHING (not hyperbole, its weapons literally do not land any hits, it deals zero damage over the course of the first ten seconds of any engagement)"

And it's true, the first ten seconds is 222 firing a ridicolously weak 5 shells burst missing left and right any shot or hitting obstacles, if it's not zero damage, is DE FACTO zero.

You can get some effectiveness by closing in, but it will melt against mere small arms fire (the armored car).
2 Jan 2018, 22:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

"Between this and how the 222 has no armor and never hits ANYTHING (not hyperbole, its weapons literally do not land any hits, it deals zero damage over the course of the first ten seconds of any engagement)"

And it's true, the first ten seconds is 222 firing a ridicolously weak 5 shells burst missing left and right any shot or hitting obstacles, if it's not zero damage, is DE FACTO zero.

You can get some effectiveness by closing in, but it will melt against mere small arms fire (the armored car).

Note the phrases he used: "not hyperbole," "literally," "zero." If you have to say its "de facto zero," then it is not literally zero. There is no argument to be had there.

Saying that your statement isnt hyperbole doesn't automatically mean you're not using hyperbole. Saying something is literally true, when it is LITERALLY not true is just clouding arguments. At that point, it's making stuff up and presenting things as actual facts when they aren't. If users want to be taken even remotely seriously in balance discussions, then presenting actual facts and not using hyperbole is a great first step.
2 Jan 2018, 22:39 PM

It is literally zero. It does not land hits. At all. The MG misses, the main gun misses. And it gets blown up by rifle fire. In Tier 2.

But no, you'd rather argue semantics and try to deflect while winning without any skill whatsoever with the inherently superior Allied units that require no cover use, no line of sight use, no flanking, nothing, purely by having superior stats.

The pathetic Allied bias on this forum is sickening.
2 Jan 2018, 23:00 PM

It is literally zero. It does not land hits. At all. The MG misses, the main gun misses. And it gets blown up by rifle fire. In Tier 2.

But no, you'd rather argue semantics and try to deflect while winning without any skill whatsoever with the inherently superior Allied units that require no cover use, no line of sight use, no flanking, nothing, purely by having superior stats.

+1

Arguing about semantics won't change the fact that 222 is ridicolously UP, it should get some decent dps.

I don't know if such strawman over it is to avoid the real point.
2 Jan 2018, 23:13 PM
Patrion 310

How about you 1v1 Jae, you can play whichever allied faction you want and he can play whichever axis faction you want him to. You will win because allied op right?
3 Jan 2018, 05:39 AM

Riigghtt.

Seems to be a 50 50 thing now, like in a game, you ether rush over the field with no cover and win or lose.

Who knows, you could of stacked it in a way that made the grens lose in cover. Kinda how the IS lost to Grens, in cover.

+1 for getting triggered tho, gave me a giggle.
3 Jan 2018, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2017, 18:01 PMTobis

Don't be so dramatic, Ostheer is in a better spot now than they were before the patch.

Do not make me laugh so hard please.
3 Jan 2018, 12:14 PM

Riigghtt.

Seems to be a 50 50 thing now, like in a game, you ether rush over the field with no cover and win or lose.

Who knows, you could of stacked it in a way that made the grens lose in cover. Kinda how the IS lost to Grens, in cover.

+1 for getting triggered tho, gave me a giggle.
it’s not 50% I tested 3 times (without counting the game I played) all with similar results, so that case was the exception ,cause if they can beat greens without bonus charging from the front why should they not beat them in cover with bonus (and btw without bonus only counting dps they deal more damage than green at long range same at medium and a bit less at close , with bonus they steamroll)

Do not make me laugh so hard please.

Actually, he is right. I've been playing a lot of OKW and Ostheer, and indeed it just got easier with ost. Problem is, Ost is a damn hard faction to play.

if you think that your Ostheer Infantry can win toe to toe Vs Allies CORE infantry you are playing the game Wrong. you need HMG support, Mortar support., planes to check the and know the attack vectors.

WRONG.

Such design is wrong as this only ensures that you have to mix your forces all the time between easy-to-displace and flank support weapons and infantry, meanwhile the Allies can just spam infantry and gain map control far more easily while you struggle to babysit fewer and squishier Grens at all time.

You can build 2 Grens, an MG and a Mortar but at the same time the Allied player will have 3-4-5 and perhaps an MG, more core infantry that beats yours 1-on-1 and the opponent will get map control. You cannot get map control with support weapons, they are far too static for that, and cannot maneuver effectively with the zillion of buildings, hedgerows and whatnot that is placed on the map. Core infantry can.

And as for the much fabled OST support weapons, in practice they are not better. Infantry supported by MGs will beat infantry without MG support, no matter what MG that is. Suppressed infantry is just suppressed infantry. The only thing the MG 42 is good at is unsupported static defense in the first few minutes in the game. But since you MUST build an MG 42 no matter what it only means that you will be outnumber in the core infantry game. Later in the game OST usually crumbles as its support weapons gets wiped or unsustainable in the field, because the cement that could hold it all together - mainline infantry - is just not there.

Even OST light vehicles are such a non issue that they can be simply ignored, or driven off by blobs because they are vulnerable to even rifle fire and can be just driven off with a large enough blob. You rarely see Allied players going for AT guns, why, because its such a NON ISSUE for them. To add to the troubles of OST, they are by far the most vulnerable to light vehicle rushes early game if the light vehicle is well microed and just stays out of faust range, it will just bleed you to death.

Core infantry absolutely MUST be competitive to each other with advantages and disadvantages, such as reinforcement cost, field presence, DPS and so on. Correct positioning, choosing the distance and using your advantages should decide the engagement, not just brute forcing your way through Grens all the time.

Right now OST infantry has only disadvantages. It basically looses to every other infantry at all stages of the game almost regardless of how you place them or maneuver them. Its DPS is mostly meh, party because 4 men squads cant stay in the field for long when they loose two members, they MUST retreat or get wiped. And you loose two members faster than other faction to boot - Gren RA is meh, and 5-6 models firing on only 4 models will make a Gren model drop faster than if this damages is spread out on more models. And the more you get of them, the more they will bleed you to death. Reinfocement costs on Grens are absolutely ridiculus considering how fast they drop.
3 Jan 2018, 12:24 PM

Wehr needs some global improvements with BP attainment. For example, for unlocking the LMG42, they need BP1. This is already live

MAYBE, at BP2, they could get a 10% discount on reinforce cost and/or 20% reinforce time discount. At BP3, I'd leave the medkits free. Voila, great incentive to get BP's, a good premium for late game, and that's not asking that much, I think.
3 Jan 2018, 13:29 PM

Actually, he is right. I've been playing a lot of OKW and Ostheer, and indeed it just got easier with ost. Problem is, Ost is a damn hard faction to play.

I Just try to adapt to the game., and not trying think about that the game must adapt to my necesities is a stupid way to engage a combat., This is the reality ., we can choose adapt or die., and normally i won if i dont make any stupid mistake the guy bleed to dead. also my conformation depends of what is happening and my actual role in the fray., For example, Last game i just made a nice control zone in the middle of redball express., already knowing about what is going to happend when i see all those british and USF infantries walking around i start build the control zone., in a moment i have 3 MG teams ( 1 stolen)., 2 Mortars teams (they have over 30 kills each) 1 PAK40., Mines., a lot of anti tank mines. and about 4 granadiers squads., in order to make effective his use i only engage from the flanks trying to avoid blobs.,

Counterplanning was a must in this game., I was one step ahead of any kind of "Massive infantry advance" thanks to my sniper and periodically scouting ., Also my partners help a lot with fixed artillery. that give us and edge and cover to my middle front operation., vs enemy artillery Later this develop in a Tank battle., because the guys get tired about getting suppresed for different angles. and that was easy they dont know how to manage their tank forces and receive big hits from stugs and PAK40 ( in less extent).

Was a nice game!,
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS