Login

russian armor

Replace Ost Relief Infantry with Osttruppen call-in.

19 Dec 2017, 14:46 PM

I was just wondering. This ability is rarely if ever used, not to mention that its loss\reward nature is not working anyway. Sure during assault\pushes losses are always have to be avoided and using this ability means that either you would accept and lose some models on purpese or otherwise it would me muni dump.

Not to mention that activating this ability isnt worth it at all because Osttrupper are not such usefull inf at least in this numbers which this ability could possible provide and again cost effectivness is meh in general.

So I wonder why not replace it with ost squad call-in, not from 0 CP (to keep Ost commander unique) but lets say from 1 CP. I think Festung Support and Inf doctrine would get fresh feeling and one of the strongest reasons to pick them.

19 Dec 2017, 15:09 PM

AFAIK (I might be wrong!) there is a commander with a Tiger and Relief Infantry which would be a way too strong combo imo as Osttruppen somehow compensate the weak early game of the Ostheer and the Tiger is a nice endgame tank.
19 Dec 2017, 15:22 PM

AFAIK (I might be wrong!) there is a commander with a Tiger and Relief Infantry which would be a way too strong combo imo as Osttruppen somehow compensate the weak early game of the Ostheer and the Tiger is a nice endgame tank.

Well it could be a bit weaker versions of osts, lets say without PanzerFaust and LMG upgrade
19 Dec 2017, 15:42 PM

I would prefer an ostruppen call in at like 3CP similar to mobile defense. Sometimes you just want dirt cheap capping power or meatshields and don't want to depend on losing models to get them.
20 Dec 2017, 06:32 AM

I think its okay, thought i barely see people using it. Main reason might be that people don't want to fill up their pop-cap with osttruppen as they come at 6cp which means you have quite large army at hat point, and yo don't want to overpopulate so you can get some tanks out. I like his ability and use it in few scenarios:
1: In bigger attacks where i might have problem managing and keeping my units alive
2: I hear rocket arty fire and realize that i have too many infantry bunched up and panic activate it so if i lose units, i get something to the field to replace them quick.
3: I have tried using them by purposely taking while it active to get osttruppen, because im bad at managing my manpower and paying 90 munitions + reinforcements to get ostruppen on field.
yet i can see your point. But osttruppen call in and tiger might be bit too powerful.
20 Dec 2017, 15:06 PM

I think its okay, thought i barely see people using it. Main reason might be that people don't want to fill up their pop-cap with osttruppen as they come at 6cp which means you have quite large army at hat point, and yo don't want to overpopulate so you can get some tanks out. I like his ability and use it in few scenarios:
1: In bigger attacks where i might have problem managing and keeping my units alive
2: I hear rocket arty fire and realize that i have too many infantry bunched up and panic activate it so if i lose units, i get something to the field to replace them quick.
3: I have tried using them by purposely taking while it active to get osttruppen, because im bad at managing my manpower and paying 90 munitions + reinforcements to get ostruppen on field.
yet i can see your point. But osttruppen call in and tiger might be bit too powerful.

Well as I mentioned they shouldnt be 0 CP like in ost commander, but rather at 2 CP lets say or 1 CP. Main strenght of osts comming from the fact that they are fighting un-vetter inf right from the start, putting them at 1\2 CP means that enemy would already have established army and veterancy, so overall perfomance of ost would be lover, so they shoudnt be OP in my opinion.
20 Dec 2017, 15:14 PM

Agreed. I never see relief infantry being used, if ever.
20 Dec 2017, 16:19 PM
Donator 11

The abiloty is actually really good, on any faction that is not as munition starved as ostheer i would consider it OP. Even as ost it can win you a game if you pop it during big engagements. Its also important to note that once you have some ostruppen on the field it starts to snowball quickly with cheap to reinforce 6 men sqads. Ballance team recognised that and they even nerfed the ability in dbp.
20 Dec 2017, 16:32 PM

The abiloty is actually really good, on any faction that is not as munition starved as ostheer i would consider it OP. Even as ost it can win you a game if you pop it during big engagements. Its also important to note that once you have some ostruppen on the field it starts to snowball quickly with cheap to reinforce 6 men sqads. Ballance team recognised that and they even nerfed the ability in dbp.

Tbh I dont know how relief inf can win you game, considering this ability costs you 90muni mid game, where ost need it the most (schrecks\mines\mine sweepers and so on). This ability is somehow usefull only in defense, where you know that you would lose stuff no matter what and after 2 of your squads get half of the moddels killed you get ost squad to quickly move them to front line.

The only problem is that by that time USF would have few bars\LMGs, tommies might have brens (or 5 men or nothing, because they still would beat them) and soviets either PPSH or guards\shocks\penals which again would beat them.

Main advantages of osttupen commander is that you can spam them early, where you would both have on-pair army. While relief inf is awaible and possible at such point of the game, where osts are not worth it for such trade off.

Making them call-in unit in this commanders, wont change anything in general, because they still would arrive at such point of the game where un-supported osts (and even 2 of them) are useless. The only change it would bring to the game - osts would be more avaible.
20 Dec 2017, 19:12 PM
Donator 11

Tbh I dont know how relief inf can win you game, considering this ability costs you 90muni mid game, where ost need it the most (schrecks\mines\mine sweepers and so on). This ability is somehow usefull only in defense, where you know that you would lose stuff no matter what and after 2 of your squads get half of the moddels killed you get ost squad to quickly move them to front line.

The only problem is that by that time USF would have few bars\LMGs, tommies might have brens (or 5 men or nothing, because they still would beat them) and soviets either PPSH or guards\shocks\penals which again would beat them.

Main advantages of osttupen commander is that you can spam them early, where you would both have on-pair army. While relief inf is awaible and possible at such point of the game, where osts are not worth it for such trade off.

Making them call-in unit in this commanders, wont change anything in general, because they still would arrive at such point of the game where un-supported osts (and even 2 of them) are useless. The only change it would bring to the game - osts would be more avaible.

The advantage of the doctrine is that, at least in old patch, it grants you up to 600mp worth of squads for the minimal cost of 200mp of reinforcements. Not counting enemy losses when they fight your soldiers that had to die. To avoid this many players try to avoid fights when the ability is active, but as it is quite lengthy, this ususally couses them to lose large portions of the map.

I do not know how well the ability functions in new patch but I will surely check it out.

Do mind that its all from 1v1 perspective. In team games I have never used it, but it is also due to the fact that lightning doctrine is not in the meta in team games.

Btw, IMHO relief infantry + pak is much better way of spending resources than shreck pgrens.
20 Dec 2017, 20:02 PM

I think it got nerfed in this patch from 3 to 2 squads so now it is very rarely if ever going to be used. If i was in charge i would significantly buff it, then remove it from lightning war. This would make the 2 doctrine that have it viable to use.

I used to use it a bit in the last patch as it costs only 90 munitions so 90/3 = 30 so you could spam them for 30 munitions and use the rapid reinforce time of the half-track to keep them on the field, now that the reinforce time is increased this is less viable.

I dont think the mg42 upgrade for osttroppen is useful for relief inf as you are better off investing the munitions into more osttroppen

I think the way to buff it would be with a entire overhaul of the ability. An example of this could be inf can reinforce faster and with no cost but come out with osttrroppen models. I would do this as losing squads to get new ones just encourages bad play
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★