Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
9 Apr 2016, 07:01 AM

What is your opinion of the current state of the soviet industry commander in general and the KV2 in particular? Is there a good player you know of I could watch for specific application of the commander. Thank you, wise men of the internet.
aaa
14 Apr 2016, 02:00 AM

BF ATG attack only vehicles button isnt working for me. Is that a game bug?
Whenever infanry is in range of 6 pounder it just fires no matter what and icons (of buton and above 6 pounder) resets at this moment.

I stopped playing BF 1 patch ago cuz of this and now its the same
14 Apr 2016, 02:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've never heard of that
aaa
14 Apr 2016, 03:13 AM

IM sorry my bad. ATG is fine
14 Apr 2016, 03:21 AM

I would personally suggest using the infantry based bulletins as you are going to be using these units all the time compared to tanks which come out much later. Furthermore most games are normally won or lost around the 20 minute mark and normally before tanks can be used. So I say make the most of your infantry and give the bulletins to them.

For example my current bulletins for Ost are:

-Veteran Training Infantry: 2% increased accuracy 3% increase health for conscripts and grenadiers
-Brotherly Love (German): 2% increased accuracy 3% increase health for Mg42s
- Hit the Deck!: 10% increase suppression for MG42s

These bulletins work great for my 2 gren 2 mg build.

If people couldn't notice say, for example, a +40% accuracy boost missing for fusiliers at vet 2 when vet was broken then how much do you think it's placebo for a 2% stacked bulletin?
15 Apr 2016, 05:00 AM
Donator 11

If people couldn't notice say, for example, a +40% accuracy boost missing for fusiliers at vet 2 when vet was broken then how much do you think it's placebo for a 2% stacked bulletin?

You don't necessarily notice the difference, but it's there. A penetration that otherwise maybe wouldn't have occured, an entity or squad wipe that could have been a miss, or a retreat which would have been later.

It's really subtile.

There's also more obvious ones, like increased sight range, or grenade throw range. Just think about common (fun) strats like riot cons with triple molo bulletins - the range increase is quite a difference.
16 Apr 2016, 05:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2016, 05:00 AMkamk

You don't necessarily notice the difference, but it's there. A penetration that otherwise maybe wouldn't have occured, an entity or squad wipe that could have been a miss, or a retreat which would have been later.

In theory, yes, but the quantity is so small that it won't make a real difference in gameplay. And yes, the sight and range bulletins do make a noticeable difference; 3xsoviet sniper range bulletins give about vet 3 range off the bat. Plus my favourite is 3x ostwind suppression bulletins. Insta pinning squads is really funny.
29 Apr 2016, 21:48 PM

Hi there guys,

I keep having trouble as OKW facing SU with Guards rifles/PTRS/SU76/Maxims. Usually I play with volks/kubel/Luchs, but that combination doesnt work very well for me against this army composition. How can I best face this SU army combination?
30 Apr 2016, 00:01 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 21:48 PMWoco
Hi there guys,

I keep having trouble as OKW facing SU with Guards rifles/PTRS/SU76/Maxims. Usually I play with volks/kubel/Luchs, but that combination doesnt work very well for me against this army composition. How can I best face this SU army combination?

Vs. PTRS & SU76 (spam or no spam) you really don't want weak vehicles / armor on the field. They just gonna get obliterated easily. You want infantry superiority, support guns, and vehicles that survive on the field.

Get the usual Volks & Spios, into LeIG, back that up with Raketen to ambush the SU76. Offmap infantry can help a lot, like Panzerfuessiliers or Jaeger Light Infantry - the latter unlocks infiltration nades which can be very useful vs. Maxims if your opponent doesn't pay too much attention.
Lategame the usual, go T2 and Stuka for more AI, or T3 for something more heavily armored like a Panther. JP4 also helps to dish out dps on range vs. armor, map dependant though.
30 Apr 2016, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 00:01 AMkamk

Vs. PTRS & SU76 (spam or no spam) you really don't want weak vehicles / armor on the field. They just gonna get obliterated easily. You want infantry superiority, support guns, and vehicles that survive on the field.

Get the usual Volks & Spios, into LeIG, back that up with Raketen to ambush the SU76. Offmap infantry can help a lot, like Panzerfuessiliers or Jaeger Light Infantry - the latter unlocks infiltration nades which can be very useful vs. Maxims if your opponent doesn't pay too much attention.
Lategame the usual, go T2 and Stuka for more AI, or T3 for something more heavily armored like a Panther. JP4 also helps to dish out dps on range vs. armor, map dependant though.

Thanks!
23 May 2016, 21:22 PM

I almost never use soviet T1 in 1v1s, preferring to go straight to T2. Are there any recommended soviet T1 openings you could share?
26 May 2016, 17:09 PM

What is your opinion of the current state of the soviet industry commander in general and the KV2 in particular? Is there a good player you know of I could watch for specific application of the commander. Thank you, wise men of the internet.

It isn't used too much but can be very effective on certain maps. I reccomend using it on maps with buildings or hedges, because the KV-2 can fire over them. T34 spam is a nice way to play this since you have so much fuel income. but you can stick to su-85 + m3 aswell.

Here is example of a player using it perfectly and beating me down in the long run on ahrnem checkpoint, casted by imperialdane. I really recommend you watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LbWsN7cAwg

26 May 2016, 17:17 PM

I almost never use soviet T1 in 1v1s, preferring to go straight to T2. Are there any recommended soviet T1 openings you could share?

Hey sarge! To be honest with you i really don't advice people to go for T1 opening in 1v1 at all..
But there are some Hybrid t1/t2 openings you can try out to see if they fit you.

A nice one i like to use is building 2 conscripts, another engineer squad. let the second engineer unit that spawns build your t1 (you should have around 100 mp when it spawns on the map and you can instantly build tier 1). Safe up for a sniper and if you feel like you have enough room you can get a m5 out aswell.

after this you pretty much need to get a Guards doctrine + ATG to counter light vehicles. after this you can make whatever you want, either t2 for ZiS gun or T3 for T70.

Just test it out and see if you like it!

26 May 2016, 21:33 PM

Thanks mate, I will give it a try!
13 Jun 2016, 22:05 PM

Hello!

I've a question to our strategists :)

At minute 9 you see the Soviet builds a T70 instead of a early t34.
I've oserved this in many games like Helping Hans's games.
They prefer to build light tanks instead of medium or heavy tanks.
Whats the reason? I would go for early t34 or 2 katjushas to kill enemy.

13 Jun 2016, 22:30 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 22:05 PMArchont
Hello!

I've a question to our strategists :)

At minute 9 you see the Soviet builds a T70 instead of a early t34.
I've oserved this in many games like Helping Hans's games.
They prefer to build light tanks instead of medium or heavy tanks.
Whats the reason? I would go for early t34 or 2 katjushas to kill enemy.

You are allies --> You don't want to go in superlategame axis play.

The T70 is a beast, if you can mirco the tank.
The other point is about Timing, Katjushas or T34 come way too late. You want to force the axis player to invest his manpower in antitank in midgame.
13 Jun 2016, 22:42 PM

The other point is about Timing, Katjushas or T34 come way too late. You want to force the axis player to invest his manpower in antitank in midgame.

I'm really thanking you for your advice :)
13 Jun 2016, 22:44 PM

But anti tank will not hold up him to build Tanks which cost fuel.
He can equip his Panzergrenadiers whit Zooks and kill your T70 easily!
Anti tank will cost him only Ammo.
14 Jun 2016, 08:12 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 22:44 PMArchont

But anti tank will not hold up him to build Tanks which cost fuel.
He can equip his Panzergrenadiers whit Zooks and kill your T70 easily!
Anti tank will cost him only Ammo.

Yes, but German tanks comes way later then your t70!

About Panzergrenadiers. Use your T70 for the flanks, when the enemie want to side cap left, right side. The t70 is very fast.

Also use it in 2 line. So the Panzergren with shreks fire it vs your inf and have to reaload--> So your T70 can shoot.

And on Max range your T70 will survive vs Panzergren with shrek!!
14 Jun 2016, 09:32 AM

Yes, but German tanks comes way later then your t70!

About Panzergrenadiers. Use your T70 for the flanks, when the enemie want to side cap left, right side. The t70 is very fast.

Also use it in 2 line. So the Panzergren with shreks fire it vs your inf and have to reaload--> So your T70 can shoot.

And on Max range your T70 will survive vs Panzergren with shrek!!

Wow!

Thank you for the answer!
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment