Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
22 Jan 2016, 18:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

hi, pz4 bulletin(ostheer) work on pz4 command tank?

since I dont know what exact bulletin you're talking about

The vet gain bulletin is only the normal panzer 4

The +4% penetration one works for both panzer 4s

if those arent the ones you're talking about, can you give me the exact name of the bulletin and the bonuses you're reffering to?

22 Jan 2016, 19:12 PM

armor +4%
rototation +3%
reload +5%

22 Jan 2016, 19:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ok here u go

armor +4% Officer Training:Tank applies to Both Panzer 4s(command and regular)
rototation +3% Recruit Training:Tank applies to Both panzer 4s(command and regular)
reload +5%Veteran Training: Tank applies to Both panzer 4s(command and regular)

23 Jan 2016, 09:29 AM

In 1vs1's or 2vs2's, is it a bad idea to use the Wermacht Commander for defensive doctrine? The one that uses trenches, tank traps, etc.
23 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM

In 1vs1's or 2vs2's, is it a bad idea to use the Wermacht Commander for defensive doctrine? The one that uses trenches, tank traps, etc.

Yes it is. This commander does not offer you anything gamechanging that may give you last choice to choose commader.

For example mobile defence have puma to counter light vehicle rush , commad panzer to fight infantry and give bonuses to all tanks and infantry and ostruppen as cheap replacement if you lose men late game.
And I was not talking about smoke , what can be gamechanging.

Or jaeger armor doctrine gives you best tankd destroyer elefant , maphack in for of spoting scopes (put them on 222 and you have maphack) , dive bomb to counter emplacements / howitzers and recon so you can scout for dive bomb.

Or for example some of tiger doctrines : lighting war - great airstrike , tiger and g43 to boost grens is very appealing combo and I was not even saying something about reinforcements if form of relief infantry.

Or spearhead give you tiger smoke (so tiger will live longer) , recon , good off map (great with use of recon once again) and mortar halftrack with incendiary rounds so you can counter static soviet tier2 play or biriths emplacent play

Or mechanized assault commader. With assault grens , panzegrens in 250 halftrack , stug e and tiger you will be albe to be more mobile and this doctrine allows you to does not lose steam thorough whole match.

If you compere all these doctrines to defenseve there is a big difference.
Tanks traps are almost useless becuase you need to use engineers ar building cleaners (flamer) , minesweepers , later repairs and building coscrutor and also to place teller and S-mine field.

Trench is good , but it is also in much better doctrine called ostruppen (you get cheap infantry with it)

Sector arty is nice but there are other as great arty in much better doctrines.

Pak 43 dies to any arty (for example ml , calliope , some offmap) and it is in much better doctrines : Festung armor gives you also commad panzer and smoke or joint commader will give you not only pak 43 but arty in for of leigt so you can counterbarrage allied arty and thust pak will survive longer.

All in all i dont recomend this commader. there are much better ones
27 Jan 2016, 13:57 PM

What are the most popular Soviet commanders vs each faction?
27 Jan 2016, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 13:57 PMkarpfen
What are the most popular Soviet commanders vs each faction?

I prefer

Guard motor coordination tactics - guard are good long range infantry , also acts like AT force multiplier and light AT support
mortar is really good at breaking fortifiacations
t34/85 is great tank - better than p4 while costing only a bit more
mark target allows your t34/85 to hurt other tanks more
and reapir is good when you have big t34/85 pack and you lack engineers

Shock frontline tactics

Shock troops are great ambush troops and close range killers , also have grenades to counter hmgs
incendiary barrage is good to force pak walls to move
kv 8 is great mid game anti infantry tank , just keep in mind you need to support it with su76 or zis
and last is2 is great late game tank that allow you to save some fuel because you can stall with tier 3 units and then outcome enemy with is2

armored assault tactics

combines tanks from both previos doctrines but lack elite infantry

Also have good airstrike and

Maphack - at 0cp you have ability that allows you to see what units enemy build and what is he teching so you can have counter even before he show his units

advanced warfare
t34/85 + conscript repairs (so tanks can fight more cause they are faster repaired) + radio interception (maphack from armored assault) make this commader really good

And still I have not talked about conscript ppsh that allow them to scale lategame (at cost of lacking elite infantry in this commader) and about single starfe that is rather overpriced

Lend lease commader

Dushka is great hmg , better than maxim , can also kill light vehicles
conscript repair kit allows your tank to be more on field cause they are repaired faster
munny to fuel transfer is good if you want to play armor heavy strategy
assault group is however overpriced and not worth itself

And last this is sherman.

It is a bit weaker t34/85 that DOES NOT NEED TECHING so you can sit on tier 3 field more tier 3 units and still have a lot of medium armor because you dont pay so much for teching to tier 4 (and still t 34/76 is much weaker than sherman [t34/76 < sherman <t34/85])
27 Jan 2016, 22:00 PM

I prefer

Guard motor coordination tactics - guard are good long range infantry , also acts like AT force multiplier and light AT support
mortar is really good at breaking fortifiacations
t34/85 is great tank - better than p4 while costing only a bit more
mark target allows your t34/85 to hurt other tanks more
and reapir is good when you have big t34/85 pack and you lack engineers

Shock frontline tactics

Shock troops are great ambush troops and close range killers , also have grenades to counter hmgs
incendiary barrage is good to force pak walls to move
kv 8 is great mid game anti infantry tank , just keep in mind you need to support it with su76 or zis
and last is2 is great late game tank that allow you to save some fuel because you can stall with tier 3 units and then outcome enemy with is2

armored assault tactics

combines tanks from both previos doctrines but lack elite infantry

Also have good airstrike and

Maphack - at 0cp you have ability that allows you to see what units enemy build and what is he teching so you can have counter even before he show his units

advanced warfare
t34/85 + conscript repairs (so tanks can fight more cause they are faster repaired) + radio interception (maphack from armored assault) make this commader really good

And still I have not talked about conscript ppsh that allow them to scale lategame (at cost of lacking elite infantry in this commader) and about single starfe that is rather overpriced

Lend lease commader

Dushka is great hmg , better than maxim , can also kill light vehicles
conscript repair kit allows your tank to be more on field cause they are repaired faster
munny to fuel transfer is good if you want to play armor heavy strategy
assault group is however overpriced and not worth itself

And last this is sherman.

It is a bit weaker t34/85 that DOES NOT NEED TECHING so you can sit on tier 3 field more tier 3 units and still have a lot of medium armor because you dont pay so much for teching to tier 4 (and still t 34/76 is much weaker than sherman [t34/76 < sherman <t34/85])

thank you
29 Jan 2016, 04:50 AM

What is the most efficient way of reinforcing at base without having to take your eyes off the battlefield? is there a key or command which allows you to reinforce all units with one key stroke? What do vet players tend to do to minimize the reinforcement micro required?
29 Jan 2016, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 04:50 AMweld
What is the most efficient way of reinforcing at base without having to take your eyes off the battlefield? is there a key or command which allows you to reinforce all units with one key stroke? What do vet players tend to do to minimize the reinforcement micro required?

Double tap f1 (so you will have view on hq) , select all units by mouse drag and then press R (on grid keys , else press button ofr reinforce - T) like 10 time like maniac and then return to batlefield where you think you are most needed. To see what units are realy and what not se tacmap or unit ribbons in upper right corner
30 Jan 2016, 00:37 AM

Thank you for the reply sir. I was actually clicking individual units and reinforcing each one. I was not aware you could get a bunch by drag clicking and reinforcing all at the same time. Much appreciated!
30 Jan 2016, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 00:37 AMweld
Thank you for the reply sir. I was actually clicking individual units and reinforcing each one. I was not aware you could get a bunch by drag clicking and reinforcing all at the same time. Much appreciated!

You´re welcome
3 Feb 2016, 02:24 AM

What I struggle the most atm is opening routes
It feels that whatever I try it's the wrong choice

So i'd like to ask what approach one should have concerning the opening routes since they seem to be the deciding factor on how the game plays out
Should you aim directly for key points ( cutoff, ammo, fuel, vp ) or rather capture the most guaranteed points to have a steady income, ensuring that you don't fall behind too quickly ?

I'm sure it depends on the map, faction and matchup but anything could help

Also I'm mostly interested in 1v1 and 2v2

Thank you in advance
7 Feb 2016, 14:50 PM

I play 2vs2 with a buddy of mine. Me as Soviets, he as USF. I bring Terror Tactics, Shock Rifle and Armored Assault. He usually takes Calliope now, but has the rest as well.

How should we choose our ways along the build orders to compliment each other best?

Right now we have a strong early game (as should be expected) and midgame. Lategame we fall apart. Which has a lot to do with our ability to finish enemy tanks. But in any case, we play more as two separate 1vs1 most of the time, especially when it comes to build orders.

Calliope, Maxims and some light vehicels work good against infantry. But we struggle a lot when we cant break the enemies spirits early and the axis bring out the cats. Tiger and multiple Panthers.
7 Feb 2016, 22:14 PM

I want to ask about soviet AT nades from Cons. They can insta-wipe garrison building when thrown at a vehicle which is just behind that building? It's a feature or bug? I've just saw above situation in a multiplayer match and done this myself with help of my brother.
9 Feb 2016, 08:34 AM
Donator 11

I play 2vs2 with a buddy of mine. Me as Soviets, he as USF. I bring Terror Tactics, Shock Rifle and Armored Assault. He usually takes Calliope now, but has the rest as well.

How should we choose our ways along the build orders to compliment each other best?...

If he goes Callis anyways, then you could go T2>T3, get a fast T70, or some SU76, to support a Stuart / Rifle push even further, then wait for Callins - waste your fuel on further units of course, and keep the agression up. He can be your speaheard till late game, then you switch more or less. At the switching point his job is attrition and (anti-) infantry dominance.

But this kind of slow bee swarm depends a lot on the map, and is usually more suited for Axis.

Depends anyways, mainly on your playstyles. Around mid- / lategame you certainly have the better staying power as soviet with the mentioned doctrines, so make use of it.
You can of course also split, and you should, but i guess that's where your trouble starts: teamplay.
Try watching the mini- / tactical map more often, and get a feel for the situation, position your stuff slightly closer - don't do full splits across the map - so you may intercept enemies if your mate ends up in a 1v2 scenario.
And last but not least: proper pinging.

Just a few random thoughts. I would need to see a replay to have a better idea on why it goes downhill.
9 Feb 2016, 13:29 PM

Thank you. But what do you mean by proper pinging? I will provide a replay after the next game in a few days.
10 Mar 2016, 13:48 PM

Can I abort or stop the auto repair ability from the soviet Armored Assault Commander? I've lost two IS-2 that were repairing themselves and then found by the enemy. No button worked to stop the ability. It was quite sad to watch.
10 Mar 2016, 14:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can I abort or stop the auto repair ability from the soviet Armored Assault Commander? I've lost two IS-2 that were repairing themselves and then found by the enemy. No button worked to stop the ability. It was quite sad to watch.

No you cant. Not in combat at least. And the game gets finicky about that, so a general rule is to just not use it unless you feel super duper safe.

Now on the other hand, a similarly named ability on the T70 cant be "stopped" but it can be used on the move and stationary; AND in combat, to escape/cheat death.
11 Mar 2016, 19:54 PM

What is the best way to counter infiltration units? (Fallschimjaggers, jaeger light infantry, inflitration commandos, partysans, stormtroopers etc).

By best, I mean that the solution would have to be either (or both):
- micro-efficient (e.g., you can shift-click the command)
- low cost (e.g., munitions)

Good candidate solution would cause at least one of the following effects:
- insta-kill the squad on-spawn
- prevent the squad from spawning in the building (e.g., make it so that the squad spawns from the enemy base instead)
- Make the squad get stuck if it chooses to spawn from the target building
- Destroy the ambient building

For instance:
- If a building has multiple entrances, which entrance does the squad spawn out of (so that you only have to plant one mine/trip-wire)?
- Can you wire ambient building shut with wire? Does the unit that spawn from inside get stuck on the wire, or do they spawn from base?
- What about ghostwire/ghostbags?
- What's the best way to completely destroy ambient buildings?
- Which tanks/vehicles do you use to ram/destroy buildings?

Basically, for each faction, I am looking for the best strategy to follow in these situations to counter an opponent's doctrine (I prefer non-doc solutions. However, doctrinal ones are also OK).
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS