Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
12 Jun 2015, 16:15 PM

I frequently getting Con's AT nade bounced off by Panther's/Command Panther's rear armor. A CLEAR rear armor hit.

I checked that Panther's rear armor is 110. Can someone tell me what Con's AT nade penetration?
aaa
12 Jun 2015, 16:27 PM

If I have 3 cons how can I make them all to throw AT nade except selecting them one by one?
12 Jun 2015, 16:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I frequently getting Con's AT nade bounced off by Panther's/Command Panther's rear armor. A CLEAR rear armor hit.

I checked that Panther's rear armor is 110. Can someone tell me what Con's AT nade penetration?

at Nade penetration is 100, so either horrible RNG or bug.

Did you throw directly at the rear directly behind the tank? If you throw at the side there's still a chance for it to hit the "front" armor
And bounce.
12 Jun 2015, 17:43 PM

at Nade penetration is 100, so either horrible RNG or bug.

Did you throw directly at the rear directly behind the tank? If you throw at the side there's still a chance for it to hit the "front" armor
And bounce.

That's why I said "a CLEAR rear armor hit" in previous post.

So that's a 9% chance not to penetrate. A very small chance.
I had this happened 3 times in something like last 7 games. Seems like horrible RNG indeed.

Thanks for the answer.
aaa
12 Jun 2015, 19:07 PM

You can select them all and throw the AT nade 3 times. That way all 3 squads throw a nade.

So C+click 3 times without shift?
12 Jun 2015, 19:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2015, 19:07 PMaaa

So C+click 3 times without shift?

Just spam the ability while multiple squads of the SAME TYPE are selected.
12 Jun 2015, 23:15 PM

I have a question about those bulletins.

Is the effectiveness actually noticeable? Like, should i pay attention to what i choose? or opponents have chosen?

or is it a minor thing that makes no real big impact?
13 Jun 2015, 03:24 AM
Donator 11

Is the effectiveness actually noticeable? Like, should i pay attention to what i choose? or opponents have chosen?

Some Bulletins can be quite useful over time. I would go for something that helps from start to end of the game, so pick the ones for working horses - baseline infantry.

For certain strategies there's of course other ones that also can make a difference. Like "riot Cons" (Conscript spam with Molotovs) with increased molo range, Volks spam (or in general) with decreased Schreck cost, more sight range on certain units, etc...

The impact isn't huge, but not neglectable either.

Some players build accordingly to their bulletins, some don't really care at all, and others use fake commanders & bulletins on purpose.
13 Jun 2015, 03:37 AM
Patrion 14

The best bulletins are the ones that work over time. However, I would stay away from the tiny buff bulletins.

The best bulletins are the ones that directly influence gameplay. For example, any bulletin for 10% faster veteran is great, as well as bulletins for decreased cost (volk pshreck bulletin stacked 3 times makes the pshreck only cost ~77 mu). The final useful bulletin imo are the reload and armor increase bulletins for tanks like the Jackson and panther. Both benefit immensely from increased rof and an increase to the Panthers armor can have huge effects.
13 Jun 2015, 04:39 AM

Great! Just the answers i was looking for! So, i could put like 3 of the same and it boost infantry accuracy quite a bit.

Thanks!
13 Jun 2015, 14:40 PM

You can select them all and throw the AT nade 3 times. That way all 3 squads throw a nade.

Select all cons, then tab select your way through them and nading with Hotkey E

Fastest way of doing it
13 Jun 2015, 20:50 PM
Donator 11

Select all cons, then tab select your way through them and nading with Hotkey E

Fastest way of doing it

There's no need of using tab. If you spam the ability three times while having three cons selected, all of them will throw a nade. And yes, it is faster if you do it using a hotkey ;)
13 Jun 2015, 21:12 PM

There's no need of using tab. If you spam the ability three times while having three cons selected, all of them will throw a nade. And yes, it is faster if you do it using a hotkey ;)

What if I wanna know what squad is throwing it :3
13 Jun 2015, 21:38 PM
Donator 11

What if I wanna know what squad is throwing it :3

Yup, you're right, that's the drawback of not using tab :)
15 Jun 2015, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

[2v2] double Ostheer against double Soviet
2 Sniper and conscript opening

I still struggle against Soviet T1 double sniper playing as double Ostheer.

tried 4 Grenadier opening with a fast HT to simply rush the snipers and force them back... guess also a mortar is a good choice. But it is not that easy if your enemy goes for conscript spam and the other guy helps with his snipers.

any further advices? thanks

15 Jun 2015, 12:32 PM

I had a debate with a friend over the issue of constant capping territories as double Ostheer. He makes a valid point about how early Ostheer game should be more conservative by taking advantage of MG-42s but in the current state the MG-42 doesn't do well against early Allied advantage( it's slow to change targets and doesn't suppress well) so I feel differently about this kind play. Are we better of playing this way or should we keep constant pressure on enemy territories by cutting off and backcapping?
15 Jun 2015, 15:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 09:57 AMSwonVIP
[2v2] double Ostheer against double Soviet
2 Sniper and conscript opening

I still struggle against Soviet T1 double sniper playing as double Ostheer.

tried 4 Grenadier opening with a fast HT to simply rush the snipers and force them back... guess also a mortar is a good choice. But it is not that easy if your enemy goes for conscript spam and the other guy helps with his snipers.

any further advices? thanks

As double Ostheer facing this Soviet strategy one of you should pick Spearhead Doctrine and wait to call in two Mortar Halftracks available at 2 CPs which can harass Soviet Snipers comfortably and escape easily once in danger due to their mobility. It is an comparatively expensive but worthy investment to counter Snipers (as well as basic infantry). The player who does not play with Spearhead should tech to Tier III as fast as possible to bring out a Panzer IV or Ostwind (Ostwind if your foes did not tech up to Tier III/Tier IV) in order to inflict losses upon hostile infantry and to threaten the Snipers permanently. 222 seems not worthy in 2v2 since your opponents can get counters out pretty quickly (Guards, AT nades, mines, etc.) whereas a Tier III tank is able to withstand more damage whilst being not so fragile and mostly surprises opponents who wait for call ins.

Alternatively you can produce Granatwerfer Teams which lack the mobility and flamer barrage. You or your partner can pick Elite Troops Doctrine if you possess it in order to bring one Mortar to veterancy 3 which results into the Granatwerfer Team having more range and higher rate of fire.

15 Jun 2015, 16:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I had a debate with a friend over the issue of constant capping territories as double Ostheer. He makes a valid point about how early Ostheer game should be more conservative by taking advantage of MG-42s but in the current state the MG-42 doesn't do well against early Allied advantage( it's slow to change targets and doesn't suppress well) so I feel differently about this kind play. Are we better of playing this way or should we keep constant pressure on enemy territories by cutting off and backcapping?

Double Ostheer should strive to hold at least 1 Victory Point, 1 fuel point and 1 munitions point (of course all connected which means you have to hold the cutoff either) in Early Game since Allies would not have many problems to repel an Axis offensive at this stage of the game. Playing conservative with one MG42 from both you and your partner covered by Grenadiers and supported by Mortars if needed should protect the territory mentioned above. Once you have repulsed an hostile offensive and destroyed their early light vehicles such as M20 "Utility Car" from USF usfusf (I recommend to use sneaky early Tellermines to onehit those) or M3A1 from Soviets sovietssoviets try to cap a 2nd Victory Point to stop the bleed and to force your enemy to attack. Do not overextend after you have won a decisive engagement though since you offer your opponent more points of attack.

Go step by step because Ostheer is obviously the most fragile faction in this game.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %