Login

russian armor

Can we pleeease get a map choice option

10 Aug 2013, 04:03 AM

I have been trying to play on the new langres map all week, but I havent gotten it once in 30+ matches. It has been the only reason I have been playing, I just want to try this one map, but instead I am constantly getting shit like winter prip and moscow outskirts. This game is not as good as vcoh, and these retarded maps make me hate it. More than half the time, I just cannot enjoy playing it.
10 Aug 2013, 04:05 AM

+1 to you good sir
10 Aug 2013, 04:09 AM

10 Aug 2013, 04:13 AM

number 1 wish, I am so pissed when getting langres winter and crap like moscow
10 Aug 2013, 07:35 AM

I'm not going to lie I got to a point where I politely leave the game when I don't get either the farm map or langres. The rest of the 1vs1 maps are waaaaaaaay to big and just not fun :/ . Giving us the choice to deselect these maps (and / or choose random armies) would be awesome.
10 Aug 2013, 10:32 AM

I must say this something I would like to see as well, I imagine it'll be added around the same time as the leaderboards. Hopefully they add another 1 or 2 decent 1v1 maps in into the rotation asap as well.

I can handle the odd game on Moscow Outskirts but Pripyat in Winter is just such a campy map and hardly ever turns out to be an enjoyable match. The summer version was at least a little better with the VP spread!
10 Aug 2013, 10:49 AM

Minsk Pocket IS THE WORST.
10 Aug 2013, 10:54 AM

I would deselect all winter maps.
10 Aug 2013, 12:29 PM

Fully agreed on.

At the moment the only good maps are Cholodny summer/winter and Langres summer.

Now make Angovillskaya and Semoiskova and give us the choice to untick all but those maps.
10 Aug 2013, 12:59 PM

moscow outskirts = bullshit
10 Aug 2013, 13:53 PM

This. If they would release a big patch that will include being able to veto maps, a lobby, leaderboards and also the world builder(so we can get some sweet community made maps) that would definitely bring me back to playing CoH2 again.
11 Aug 2013, 10:40 AM

Fully agreed on.

At the moment the only good maps are Cholodny summer/winter and Langres summer.

Now make Angovillskaya and Semoiskova and give us the choice to untick all but those maps.

don't forget 'Ruins of Moscow' or 'Stuzdorfcow'
11 Aug 2013, 11:03 AM

A map reputation system could be potentially useful, players vote after a game, maps with low scores are less likely to appear in the official map rotation.

11 Aug 2013, 11:52 AM

Boy do I agree, this is a critical problem as long as the 1v1 maps are as poor as they are.
I feel like quitting if i don't get kholodny or langres.

So either we need a better map pool for 1v1 or the ability to deselect the disliked ones.
11 Aug 2013, 11:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Would be progressive and inline with current RTS standards.

But would also cripple matchmaking even further than it is now, so I vote "no".

Sucks, but I prefer the lesser of those two evils.
11 Aug 2013, 11:59 AM

Not really feasible until we get more maps. If people start filtering maps now we'll be waiting 20-30 minutes to get a game in 1v1
Hux
11 Aug 2013, 12:07 PM
Patrion 14

aaaannnndddd we're back. If they'd release the god-damned worldbuilder we could create decent maps ourselves. If Relic aren't gunna do it then they should let us. No more of this avoiding accountability bullshit by keeping everyone in the dark on progress and timeframes.

11 Aug 2013, 12:29 PM

As bad as Minsk is, I don't think anything compares to summer Rzhev with all its bottlenecks and chokepoints that make it essentially possible to only spam MGs until Panthers and Elefants roll out. For once the winter version on that one is actually much more playable...

I don't understand why, if they wanted COH2 to be faster-paced and more action packed, they made maps like this. Priyat is sort of stupidly fun sometimes though, I must admit.
11 Aug 2013, 15:59 PM

As bad as Minsk is, I don't think anything compares to summer Rzhev with all its bottlenecks and chokepoints that make it essentially possible to only spam MGs until Panthers and Elefants roll out. For once the winter version on that one is actually much more playable...

I don't understand why, if they wanted COH2 to be faster-paced and more action packed, they made maps like this. Priyat is sort of stupidly fun sometimes though, I must admit.

Summer Pripyat compares pretty much perfectly.
11 Aug 2013, 16:04 PM

I quit 3 games yesterday either during the loading screen or excused myself to my opponent and surrendered.
I'm not proud of it but really, I get like 75% Minsk and the map is simply bad. It creates bad games because of its design, path finding sucks, there are some sight/shot blocking objects in very strange places and most of all it is ugly as hell. I just wanted a few nice games and take a few screenshots :(

Map ban is really needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS