Login

russian armor

Map Pool Update

30 Nov 2017, 17:13 PM

If there aren't dreams left in life, why would life be worth it?

Alright, Christ Hooli no need to go there :romeoPls:
30 Nov 2017, 17:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 17:05 PMHater
Port of Hamburg

Does one of 'green cover objects' mean it is a building? Can't say it from minimap from workshop.

:drool:

Vielsam
Why no remove central minefield? I understand it is a map's raisin but actually it lowers it's space and the ways of early flanking.

P.S. I think 'Hill 400' needs some 'Various quality of life changes have been made to the bunkers in base sectors' too. It's me the puddinghead but still: how Penal blob under 'For Mother Russia' can run right into your base ignoring base's defense?

This will be the only time that i will give screenshots. If people are intrest, just start a custom game and find out every change and more^^.

And yes the moving fuel left side a little bit was needed so hard i know --> thats why it is in^^

But sadly to still hold the map as it is, we did not touched the bridges. So i think south/ left side is still in favour, but now its way more balance then live version :)

P.S Minesweeper wins the game for the middle vp.
Also you can almost walk complete without Minesweeper on this map, when you know where the mines are^^. So maybe test it out in a customgame. Its working :)
30 Nov 2017, 17:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

A great job indeed, especially with the 2v2 maps fix for 1v1 :thumbsup:

Now I'm curious. Was it because the reworked version didn't live up to some standards? Was it because people generally disliked the map or was it just relic things (legal stuff)?

Almost all maps that were in the live map pool were given a feedback thread, including Caen, which was reworked to fit in the current map pool.

However, during the community polls here on .ORG it did not come out favourably (fourth most vetoed map in the 1vs1 category). A few high-level players gave the opinion that it be removed and Sturmpanther had the final decision on whether it go through to Relic or not.

Either way, the updated version is still on the Workshop!

30 Nov 2017, 20:15 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 17:13 PMSwift

Alright, Christ Hooli no need to go there :romeoPls:

I'm sorry got a bit emotional when i saw one of the two maps that is about dutch cities while i know there will always be not more then one in the automatch map pool :guyokay:
30 Nov 2017, 20:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Spoke with Relic and they confirmed it was a mistake by them.

So Elst Outskirts will be still in automatch.
And my other suggested votekicks for 2vs2 will come in :)

So stay tuned
30 Nov 2017, 22:44 PM

This will be the only time that i will give screenshots.

Thanks for the effort. I thought green covers added as favor or sort of compensation for north side. I mean when southern player rushes building he'll be there fisrt, so hoped for a 'mirror' building. IDK if that brick packs changes something because there always was a wall to the right of them which is a green cover anyway.

P.S Minesweeper wins the game for the middle vp.

My first argument was about stupid AI losing there entire units but thought that nobody would take it seriously (ai lmao). Still, you eagerly remove deep snow and mud but keep the minefield. Seems kinda strange to me.
30 Nov 2017, 22:48 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 22:44 PMHater

My first argument was about stupid AI losing there entire units but thought that nobody would take it seriously (ai lmao). Still, you eagerly remove deep snow and mud but keep the minefield. Seems kinda strange to me.

As i said:
You can walk in the middle if you know where the mines are. And well deep snow/ mud and this mines are 2 different things.

Its the feature from this map tbh :) the middle vp.

Port of Hamburg:
To add a complete new house there would be very hard and strange. But well its better then live version, and also you have some vetos free in 4vs4 now . So feel free to still ban it, if you don't like to play on it :)
30 Nov 2017, 22:56 PM

And well deep snow/ mud and this mines are 2 different things.

Sure they are. Mud and snow are less frustrating :megusta:

you have some vetos free in 4vs4 now . So feel free to still ban it

All right, I got it :mellow: Gathering feedback, they said :guyokay:
30 Nov 2017, 23:05 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 22:56 PMHater

Sure they are. Mud and snow are less frustrating :megusta:

All right, I got it :mellow: Gathering feedback, they said :guyokay:

Atleast from all the made changes on soo many maps one thing you liked Kappa

1 Dec 2017, 00:04 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I'm sad to see Caen go, I feel like most people didn't even give a chance and vetoed it after only 1 or 2 games, but happy with almost everything else.
1 Dec 2017, 00:32 AM
Donator 11

I'm sad to see Caen go, I feel like most people didn't even give a chance and vetoed it after only 1 or 2 games, but happy with almost everything else.

Agreed, caen is actually a pretty good map. So is la gleize, I actually really like it as it lets pgrens shine. In both roles.
1 Dec 2017, 01:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Shame, Caen was one of my best maps. Still, given how unfair it was in certain matchups, I (and probably most people) can agree with its removal.
1 Dec 2017, 03:08 AM

Great changes, looks like a lot of the 'close to good' maps will be enjoyable now.

D) Before you blame me now that Moscow has still 2 version and is in the mappool

This is probably the only change I don't agree with. Even with there being differences between the two maps, they're still too similar to justify having both. In addition, if you're like me and really don't like the map, you end up spending two vetos to not play it.

1 Dec 2017, 13:17 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Great changes, looks like a lot of the 'close to good' maps will be enjoyable now.

This is probably the only change I don't agree with. Even with there being differences between the two maps, they're still too similar to justify having both. In addition, if you're like me and really don't like the map, you end up spending two vetos to not play it.

Thx for all people for the acknowledgment B-)

And about that you are not agreeing with one change, I can live with that :)

8 1vs1 maps reworked.
10 2vs2 maps reworked
11 3vs3 maps reworked
9 4vs4 maps reworked.

1 Dec 2017, 16:43 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Thx for all people for the acknowledgment B-)

And about that you are not agreeing with one change, I can live with that :)

8 1vs1 maps reworked.
10 2vs2 maps reworked
11 3vs3 maps reworked
9 4vs4 maps reworked.

<444>3
A_E
1 Dec 2017, 17:09 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I think Caen should be given a reprieve, no reason to have it out of Automatch imo. It just needed the cutoffs fixing which I know Mono had ready in an update.
Phy
1 Dec 2017, 18:26 PM

Heck of a job.

Thank you guys.

PS: Why stil x2 moscow outskirts map? 1 is enough
1 Dec 2017, 20:31 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2017, 18:26 PMPhy
Heck of a job.

Thank you guys.

PS: Why stil x2 moscow outskirts map? 1 is enough

2 Reasons:

A) Some Relic things (can't talk more about it)

B) they are different versions
2 Dec 2017, 03:51 AM

There's a bug in the south of the new Trois Pont, basically acts like there's no wall at all.

2 Dec 2017, 10:14 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

There's a bug in the south of the new Trois Pont, basically acts like there's no wall at all.

LUL,

nice catch up!
--> Have to blame the Mapmaker :banned:

Now we all just can pray, that the special Mapmaker will be online today or tomorrow, so that there is a chance it get fixed. (No its not possible that another mapmaker makes the changes. Its something about uploading the maps into the servers then etc...)

Relic needs time to include them all into their serves+ mappool / did that already kind of^^

P.S The bug happened , because first the Mapmaker destroyed this walls. And then in the new version we replaced them back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★