Login

russian armor

Game Freezes

4 Jan 2018, 18:32 PM

Bonebleeder had a weird one yesterday. I have seen when you lose (send) connection to the server that the game will keep playing out but you have no control of your units. But this usually only happens for 3-10 seconds. Sometimes the game play would speed up to get you back to realtime.

Yesterday BB had no control of his units for minutes of the game. They were all walking around doing stuff but not what he told them to do. And at normal play speed. He possibly confused DirectX by having a steering wheel connected and this led to his keyboard being ignored? Or perhaps the send pin of his network connection was oxidized/disconnected? He rebooted and resumed play normally.

Maybe some network guru could shed light on COH2. I imagine it uses UDP instead of TCP so no handshaking is required. So having no send capability should still allow you to receive network datagrams in COH2?

Just one more of the 10,000 COH2 mysteries!
8 Jan 2018, 14:56 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Bonebleeder had a weird one yesterday. I have seen when you lose (send) connection to the server that the game will keep playing out but you have no control of your units. But this usually only happens for 3-10 seconds. Sometimes the game play would speed up to get you back to realtime.

Yesterday BB had no control of his units for minutes of the game. They were all walking around doing stuff but not what he told them to do. And at normal play speed. He possibly confused DirectX by having a steering wheel connected and this led to his keyboard being ignored? Or perhaps the send pin of his network connection was oxidized/disconnected? He rebooted and resumed play normally.

Maybe some network guru could shed light on COH2. I imagine it uses UDP instead of TCP so no handshaking is required. So having no send capability should still allow you to receive network datagrams in COH2?

Just one more of the 10,000 COH2 mysteries!

Since the second reinstalling on my ssd i haven't had coh2 freezes anymore, so maybe that somehow got fixed. Maybe i had to reinstall coh2 after i had updated all those things on my motherboard. Anywyas, i'll have to keep testing that (also using an other internet cable atm) so as soon as something goes wrong ill come back here with the details.

I started my pc up today however and while it was loading up some shit (word, origin (automatically), spotify (automatically)) my pc froze entirely again. It was i think almost more then a week ago since it last froze completely so i still think that's an issue that doesn't have anything to do with my coh2 ingame short freezes.

I think the total freezes of my pc are a software issue (maybe windows?), bcs the pc doesn't reboot automatically. If something would be wrong on my gpu or motherboard the pc would automatically restart itselve, but it isn't doing that. I also checked my 2 screens when the freeze was happening and it didnt help when i plugged the cables of my screen in and out, so it it aren't my screens (just crossing of a list here).
Could it be a software issue maybe? Maybe windows or something is bugged or has some kind of error?
8 Jan 2018, 15:21 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Since the second reinstalling on my ssd i haven't had coh2 freezes anymore, so maybe that somehow got fixed. Maybe i had to reinstall coh2 after i had updated all those things on my motherboard. Anywyas, i'll have to keep testing that (also using an other internet cable atm) so as soon as something goes wrong ill come back here with the details.

I started my pc up today however and while it was loading up some shit (word, origin (automatically), spotify (automatically)) my pc froze entirely again. It was i think almost more then a week ago since it last froze completely so i still think that's an issue that doesn't have anything to do with my coh2 ingame short freezes.

I think the total freezes of my pc are a software issue (maybe windows?), bcs the pc doesn't reboot automatically. If something would be wrong on my gpu or motherboard the pc would automatically restart itselve, but it isn't doing that. I also checked my 2 screens when the freeze was happening and it didnt help when i plugged the cables of my screen in and out, so it it aren't my screens (just crossing of a list here).
Could it be a software issue maybe? Maybe windows or something is bugged or has some kind of error?

Have you updated your BIOS? Also is there anything that happens to the physical PC when the freeze occurs? Is there any sort of audio que from the PC?
8 Jan 2018, 15:35 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Have you updated your BIOS? Also is there anything that happens to the physical PC when the freeze occurs? Is there any sort of audio que from the PC?

I haven't updated the bios yet, ill talk to my dad about it see what he thinks.
No audio ques, the pc freezes without a sound. The pc doesn't get very hot or something like that or goes zooming very loud. It's just acting completely normal :(
8 Jan 2018, 17:25 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Those motherboard updates actually included updating the BIOS (i asked my dad :P). So yeah, after updating motherboard and/or bios and reinstalling coh2, the game freezes seem to be gone (so far). If that returns ill post here again.
The total freezes of the pc are still here tho.
8 Jan 2018, 18:13 PM
Donator 11

Those motherboard updates actually included updating the BIOS (i asked my dad :P). So yeah, after updating motherboard and/or bios and reinstalling coh2, the game freezes seem to be gone (so far). If that returns ill post here again.
The total freezes of the pc are still here tho.

Have you a processor overclock?
8 Jan 2018, 18:15 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 18:13 PMArray

Have you a processor overclock?

No, the cpu is new and i haven't done that yet. So i'm absolutely sure :D
8 Jan 2018, 19:29 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

No, the cpu is new and i haven't done that yet. So i'm absolutely sure :D

Look at the event log. You should be able to see everything that happens to your computer and when it occurs. Perticularly the system section so you can see what is causing the crash.

To get to the event log on windows 10:

Open control panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Double click Event Viewer

I'll help you more once you get this far.
11 Jan 2018, 16:53 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Look at the event log. You should be able to see everything that happens to your computer and when it occurs. Perticularly the system section so you can see what is causing the crash.

To get to the event log on windows 10:

Open control panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Double click Event Viewer

I'll help you more once you get this far.

Ill mssg you on steam when i see you so you can help me :D
11 Jan 2018, 16:56 PM
Senior Referee Badge

An update: I think it's the internet after all.
I didn't have those pc ingame coh2 lags anymore, until the amplifier to which my internet cable goes completely "crashed" two days ago. This amplifier was the only who crashed yesterday, (we have 2 in the house) and the original router didn't "crash". Maybe it was my amplifier causing trouble after all. As my bro is on the wifi, which means he could automatically change his wifi to the amplifier that is a little bit further away. This would explain why my bro didn't have those ingame freezes and i do. I've changed around the 2 amplifiers and now we have to see if i still get those freezes. I don't have time to play test much, bcs i have a week full of tests soon RIP.

For the record: https://www.coh2.org/topic/67067/1-2-sec-lag-after-the-last-server-maintenance
It could be that the servers are causing issues, which makes my ingame coh2 freeze for a few seconds.
13 Jan 2018, 13:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Last days i get a lot of crashs, when you doo fast clicks or click on some point of the map, when having big battles (more on late game) the game crash sometimes!
2 Mar 2018, 14:11 PM
Senior Referee Badge

PogChamp, my freezes are back :hyper:

Its not my internet anymore bcs it was fine, but i still kept freezing and freezing. I can upload some video (5 min) that shows it. I still think its at relics end, but whatever :(
2 Mar 2018, 14:13 PM

I used to get occasional freezes, but then i reinstalled a fresh copy of the game onto my second SSD - seems to work fine for now.
2 Mar 2018, 14:40 PM

Instead of fixing the freeze, can relic first fix the connection from the server to Aus? Have been playing with massive input delay for almost a year now :(
2 Mar 2018, 14:49 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I used to get occasional freezes, but then i reinstalled a fresh copy of the game onto my second SSD - seems to work fine for now.

Already tried that, hasn't worked :/
2 Mar 2018, 14:52 PM

Have you checked and monitored the temperature of your CPU/GPU over the course of a game? On some PCs, the CPU is throttled down automatically once they get too warm when games are too demanding. This may cause lags and FPS problems. This problem is usually fixed installing a better ventilation system and changing the CPUs heatpaste.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★