Login

russian armor

1v1 Ost vs Brit on Halbe

15 Nov 2017, 15:08 PM

I'm ost in this 1v1, I think I did okay in hard engagements, but eventually lost on ticket bleed from greater enemy map presence, and punishing grenadier wipes.

None the less just before comet came out I felt like there was a window to close the game

Would appreciate any constructive and specific feedback
21 Nov 2017, 07:52 AM

Will give it a look ;)
21 Nov 2017, 14:47 PM

I don't think you're going to be hearing back from him any time soon Kappa
22 Nov 2017, 15:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I'm ost in this 1v1, I think I did okay in hard engagements, but eventually lost on ticket bleed from greater enemy map presence, and punishing grenadier wipes.

None the less just before comet came out I felt like there was a window to close the game

Would appreciate any constructive and specific feedback

Hi konfucius,
I appreciate your efforts to join the site, send a replay and show us your play so somebody can help you. I don't like going around the topic too much so lets get started.

You was right that you did rather well during the game and you have a very big chance to win the game if you changed your play and battle plan a bit. Hopefully my advice will help you, so you won't be having so many problem in the future.

Your Commander roster is good, I wouldn't change anything here if you have some kind of a touch with those commanders. You may try to experiment a bit in the future with your commander choices but as long as you feel confident with the current roster I wouldn't really change anything, these commanders are really good in 1v1 at the moment.

The early game was executed almost perfectly from you side, you gained the edge over your opponent thanks to the sniper. Only one mistake I have found was that you did not rush the hmg in order to capture it once it was decrewed. But it ended in your hands in the end, so no problems :)

The first major setback was the loss of your sniper. You must expect British sniper every time you go sniper yourself. He will try to cloak him and countersnipe. British sniper arrives at the time when you can build tier 2. That is the time when you should stop shooting models and cloak sniper somewhere in the middle, waiting for his sniper to lose nerves and start shooting at your men so you can countersnipe him. Usually the one who countersnipes is the winner of the sniper war.
Or if you cannot counter-snipe his sniper, then always move backwards your sniper after each snipe and always reposition him so he will have hard to intercepting him.

The loss of your sniper wasn't the only mid game mistake you have made. Going mortar halftrack was another one. I would go fast 222 (British lacks panzerfausts) so you can rush his squads without problems, forcing them to retreat or even going for a hunt to kill his sniper. Also you should always expect an AC when you go any kind of a vehicle, so go pak right after your vehicle (222) not after your vehicle is dead. Be prepared.
And place a teller mine and try to bait AC over it. A teller mine one-shots AC.

Also use tank smoke more during tank retreats when you have a commander with it. It often makes the difference between a living or a dead tank.

Tier 3 was a good move because you was winning and stalling for the tiger would only set you back.

However, there was a mistake that you went Stug. Why did you go Stug ? Stug is only good against vehicles and everything he had was a light vehicle - AC. You should have gone Panzer 4 to get a mobile medium tank, which can counter both the AC and his infantry (so you can finally push him from both fuels, VPs and mid, gaining the advantage to win).

Then you was losing and losing attention to the match, being more and more static. You should have went second sniper sooner (you have done a nice counter-snipe but a bit late). A single Panzergrandiers squads wouldn't hurt either.

You mid-late game-plan wasn't ideal too. You should have focused far more on the flanks where fuel and 2 VPs are present. You have tanks - a mobile force, so you could easily have a presence at both sides. Brits on the other hand had static team weapons in the mid, and all you did was bashing your head against them :(

Your Stug loss was stupid. I don't know why you was chasing commandos with an Anti-tank assault gun and why you stayed in the gunfire with it just to destroy (useless) glider. At least if you have used smoke canisters, it could evade from the AT-gun fire. But no you didn't and you lost it.

Going P4 after Stug was a mistake IMO, you should have stalled for the tiger to close the match. Going P4 into Tiger would be far better than Stug into P4.

Never build caches in 1v1. Rather spend your manpower on fighting forces that can hold points and VPs and capture enemy's stategic points. Simply caches are not efficient in 1v1 environment.

Be aggressive. Do not give the enemy all 3 VPs without a fight. If you was more aggressive, you wouldn't drain yourself with VPs so much.

At last you was finally winning but then the Comet has shown up and gave the British player another way of a comeback. You was still handling it fairly well, but you had not strength to hold at least 2 VPs all the time (you had only 10 Victory points so you needed to constantly hold them).

There is a help though. If you have planted S-mine fields on those 2 VPs and/or build Mg bunkers behind those VPs enemy would have to bring a force to take the VP, giving you more time to counterreaction. Without these defensive measures, any lone squad could cap a VP unless you had a tank and infantry nearby. Do not be afraid to use bunkers and smines in the lategame when VPs are loose. It can turn your defeat into a victory :)

Hopefully, my advice will fall on a fertile soil and will help you in the future. Please reply to my post so I a feedback. I want to know if my advice was good enough or you still have some question.
If you have any remaining questions, feel free to ask.

18 Mar 2018, 04:57 AM

Hi konfucius,
I appreciate your efforts to join the site, send a replay and show us your play so somebody can help you. I don't like going around the topic too much so lets get started.

You was right that you did rather well during the game and you have a very big chance to win the game if you changed your play and battle plan a bit. Hopefully my advice will help you, so you won't be having so many problem in the future.

Your Commander roster is good, I wouldn't change anything here if you have some kind of a touch with those commanders. You may try to experiment a bit in the future with your commander choices but as long as you feel confident with the current roster I wouldn't really change anything, these commanders are really good in 1v1 at the moment.

The early game was executed almost perfectly from you side, you gained the edge over your opponent thanks to the sniper. Only one mistake I have found was that you did not rush the hmg in order to capture it once it was decrewed. But it ended in your hands in the end, so no problems :)

The first major setback was the loss of your sniper. You must expect British sniper every time you go sniper yourself. He will try to cloak him and countersnipe. British sniper arrives at the time when you can build tier 2. That is the time when you should stop shooting models and cloak sniper somewhere in the middle, waiting for his sniper to lose nerves and start shooting at your men so you can countersnipe him. Usually the one who countersnipes is the winner of the sniper war.
Or if you cannot counter-snipe his sniper, then always move backwards your sniper after each snipe and always reposition him so he will have hard to intercepting him.

The loss of your sniper wasn't the only mid game mistake you have made. Going mortar halftrack was another one. I would go fast 222 (British lacks panzerfausts) so you can rush his squads without problems, forcing them to retreat or even going for a hunt to kill his sniper. Also you should always expect an AC when you go any kind of a vehicle, so go pak right after your vehicle (222) not after your vehicle is dead. Be prepared.
And place a teller mine and try to bait AC over it. A teller mine one-shots AC.

Also use tank smoke more during tank retreats when you have a commander with it. It often makes the difference between a living or a dead tank.

Tier 3 was a good move because you was winning and stalling for the tiger would only set you back.

However, there was a mistake that you went Stug. Why did you go Stug ? Stug is only good against vehicles and everything he had was a light vehicle - AC. You should have gone Panzer 4 to get a mobile medium tank, which can counter both the AC and his infantry (so you can finally push him from both fuels, VPs and mid, gaining the advantage to win).

Then you was losing and losing attention to the match, being more and more static. You should have went second sniper sooner (you have done a nice counter-snipe but a bit late). A single Panzergrandiers squads wouldn't hurt either.

You mid-late game-plan wasn't ideal too. You should have focused far more on the flanks where fuel and 2 VPs are present. You have tanks - a mobile force, so you could easily have a presence at both sides. Brits on the other hand had static team weapons in the mid, and all you did was bashing your head against them :(

Your Stug loss was stupid. I don't know why you was chasing commandos with an Anti-tank assault gun and why you stayed in the gunfire with it just to destroy (useless) glider. At least if you have used smoke canisters, it could evade from the AT-gun fire. But no you didn't and you lost it.

Going P4 after Stug was a mistake IMO, you should have stalled for the tiger to close the match. Going P4 into Tiger would be far better than Stug into P4.

Never build caches in 1v1. Rather spend your manpower on fighting forces that can hold points and VPs and capture enemy's stategic points. Simply caches are not efficient in 1v1 environment.

Be aggressive. Do not give the enemy all 3 VPs without a fight. If you was more aggressive, you wouldn't drain yourself with VPs so much.

At last you was finally winning but then the Comet has shown up and gave the British player another way of a comeback. You was still handling it fairly well, but you had not strength to hold at least 2 VPs all the time (you had only 10 Victory points so you needed to constantly hold them).

There is a help though. If you have planted S-mine fields on those 2 VPs and/or build Mg bunkers behind those VPs enemy would have to bring a force to take the VP, giving you more time to counterreaction. Without these defensive measures, any lone squad could cap a VP unless you had a tank and infantry nearby. Do not be afraid to use bunkers and smines in the lategame when VPs are loose. It can turn your defeat into a victory :)

Hopefully, my advice will fall on a fertile soil and will help you in the future. Please reply to my post so I a feedback. I want to know if my advice was good enough or you still have some question.
If you have any remaining questions, feel free to ask.

hey man thanks a lot for very detailed and informative feedback!!

im trying hard to remember specifics of that game although its quite foggy, your feedback touched on a lot of mistakes i commonly make that i've become a bit more aware of now and i think my mid game is still sometimes quite weak with axis factions so i'd love it if i can get some more feedback in my other replays from you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★