Login

russian armor

Arty in DBP

16 Nov 2017, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 21:44 PMRocket

what werfer doesent need buff, it and katy are the most balanced rocket arty currently. Werfer is a guaranteed squad wipe if its in close range, but thats fine because of the one shot killed and the risk involved of bringing it fwd, same with katusha.

false...i have seen tousand time that die PW only pin the enemy squad...its a wtf moment when you compare it to alli rocket arty.

Next.

Someone said that stuka can wipe LM with a counterbarrage.
Right. We know.

But: it need the right moment / timing and luck.

And than? yeah..maybe the crew wiped....and? the brit can recrew it...so lol...40 fuel..but the most powerful rocket laucher in game.

in the factio which has the BS units and abiltys to defend...
16 Nov 2017, 08:59 AM

and on top of it: ever tried to kill a LM with a panther/ Puma?

kat, caliop and other axis rocket launcher are easily killed by tanks...but LM taken often 3-5 hit from tanks (10 from panther// 6-8 with Puma) to kill the crew...

16 Nov 2017, 10:23 AM

... and then be re-crewed.
16 Nov 2017, 10:35 AM

At least Ostheer can go proper tanks in the lategame :)

Rollin' into the lategame with p4 and Panthers isnt as good as you try it to claim here :/
16 Nov 2017, 11:18 AM

Rollin' into the lategame with p4 and Panthers isnt as good as you try it to claim here :/

You have forgot Stug - the most cost efficient tand destroyer
New buffed Ostwind
Tiger with DBP speed
Brumbaar that vaporises infantry
and new buffed panther

and viability of tier4 + tier3 in DBP.

Do not make Ostheer UP, because it is not anymore.
16 Nov 2017, 15:00 PM

You have forgot Stug - the most cost efficient tand destroyer
New buffed Ostwind
Tiger with DBP speed
Brumbaar that vaporises infantry
and new buffed panther

and viability of tier4 + tier3 in DBP.

Do not make Ostheer UP, because it is not anymore.

I agree with everything except "buffed" Panther. Im ok with vet nerf, but is just misses A LOT.

Ost T4 is more viable and thats a great thing. Ostwind is a bit too powerful i you ask me. Brumbaar needs to vaporize infantry.
16 Nov 2017, 18:01 PM

Do not blob then. I have never seen a mattress or katty or nerfed Calliope to wipe a single squad with second strike. If you are stubborn and refuse to retreat your squads after the first rockets land, then there is no hope for you. The same would happen to you if you ignore flares of offmap artillery, so i dont see a problem there.

From a Miragefla´s game...
https://youtu.be/-xPRlK3xK6I?t=1204
Only one rocket FROM THE SECOND SALVO killed 3 volks ... And was not blobing.
16 Nov 2017, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 18:01 PMLeo251

It actually misproved mods and hector---> invalid replay + you are biased.
16 Nov 2017, 18:39 PM

Ahahahhahaba they are tasked to balance the game--->they A-move rifles blobs.:clap:

16 Nov 2017, 18:41 PM

Do you have any proofs to support your statement ? We do not want to balance our game based on someones feelings ;)
16 Nov 2017, 18:45 PM

Do you have any proofs to support your statement ? We do not want to balance our game based on someones feelings ;)

Do you ? No
Well I do, thx Leo for providing it.

Hell I needed to provide katusha range too, it's ironic that you are asking this to me.
16 Nov 2017, 18:53 PM

Do you ? No
Well I do, thx Leo for providing it.

Hell I needed to provide katusha range too, it's ironic that you are asking this to me.

The example is invalid because of many reasons. In short Miragefla failed to micro his army.

He saw that there is a recon plane and he probably have already known there is a katty. If he did not set a forward retreat point he could easily retreat his blob to safety and lose nothing. Also he was blobbing - a good for katty.

Another thing was that the squad was injured to begin with and was healing there

The squad was also clumped like hell, no wonder that the katty killed it.

If Miragefla
a) didnt ignore recon plane
b)did not blob
c) did not stayed at FRP and retreated
d) did not poorly command his squad to encourage clumping
e) wasnt unlucky

thing would be different.

I have already played countless 1v1 games with Soviets and every time I have used katty against Ostheer it didnt wipe anything, only killed 2-3 models before the player retreated (unless he was blobbing).

Or you are trying to tell me that according to the video the katty is OP, because it killed a clumped injured squad near FRP while a recon place was spotting for it ? Come on
16 Nov 2017, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 18:01 PMLeo251

Shit happens, sometimes a grenade, a mortar round, a stray tank shell wipes squad, the Katyusha is quite unpredictable for both the user and the one on the receiving end.
It has always been like this.
16 Nov 2017, 19:02 PM

I do find it a bit frustrating that with resounding consistency anything that isn't affirmative to the balance patch is considered "invalid".

I mean, I find it odd that through the testing and feedback stages of these balance patches that the the primary stance is: approve or gtfo.
16 Nov 2017, 19:14 PM

What you said:

I have never seen a mattress or katty or nerfed Calliope to wipe a single squad with second strike.

What you have seen:

a mattress or katty or nerfed Calliope to wipe a single squad with second strike.

What I expected:

The example is invalid because of many reasons.

Why it isn't ? You get NO control over retreating squads and their clumping, as Miragefla took control of the unit waiting for irders (because you actually need to micro stuff and engagements) the barrage started and tried to dodge and reinforce with an immediate reaction, but still got wiped.
Or you expected him to instaretreat ? Do you, everytime arty is fired ? Nah...

The katyusha was from beyond the left vic point, FAR more than stuka range, and it proved highly effective, so pls spare me: "but you know, it's overall the same... because katyuska need to get into medics .45 range..."

16 Nov 2017, 19:16 PM

I do find it a bit frustrating that with resounding consistency anything that isn't affirmative to the balance patch is considered "invalid".

I mean, I find it odd that through the testing and feedback stages of these balance patches that the the primary stance is: approve or gtfo.

It will hopefully die like the uglier FBP brother.
Then maybe they can recosider pushing up their own agenda as this isn't THEIR game...and stop trying to break 1vs1/2vs2 balance.
16 Nov 2017, 19:32 PM

Why it isn't ? You get NO control over retreating squads and their clumping, as Miragefla took control of the unit waiting for irders (because you actually need to micro stuff and engagements) the barrage started and tried to dodge and reinforce with an immediate reaction, but still got wiped.
Or you expected him to instaretreat ? Do you, everytime arty is fired ? Nah...

I agree, I did not stated my argument properly and explicitely so you are right. I should have said that I have never seen a full health spaced squad/squad in green cover in the frontline that retreats after first salvo to die to a land mattress or katty.

Law is on your side, because even if you do not have in manual that you shouldnt put child in a microwave and you do it and it "accidentaly dies" you can blame the company. Even though anyone with a of brain would not dry his child in a microwave.

The same applies that anyone with a bit of brain would not leave his squads clumped, injured near a frontline FRP when a katty and recon is nearby. But you know, I did not state that I only though about spaced full health squad that retreat after first salvo so you are technically correct. Good job :)

The katyusha was from beyond the left vic point, FAR more than stuka range, and it proved highly effective, so pls spare me: "but you know, it's overall the same... because katyuska need to get into medics .45 range..."

Lets say that we both agree on your statement that Katty is OP. What shall we do next ? Revert Stuka HP nerf and keep Katty in its OP state or nerf both of them ? :huh:

It will hopefully die like the uglier FBP brother.
Then maybe they can recosider pushing up their own agenda as this isn't THEIR game...and stop trying to break 1vs1/2vs2 balance.

17 Nov 2017, 00:08 AM

I agree, I did not stated my argument properly and explicitely so you are right. I should have said that I have never seen a full health spaced squad/squad in green cover in the frontline that retreats after first salvo to die to a land mattress or katty.

Law is on your side, because even if you do not have in manual that you shouldnt put child in a microwave and you do it and it "accidentaly dies" you can blame the company. Even though anyone with a of brain would not dry his child in a microwave.

The same applies that anyone with a bit of brain would not leave his squads clumped, injured near a frontline FRP when a katty and recon is nearby. But you know, I did not state that I only though about spaced full health squad that retreat after first salvo so you are technically correct. Good job :)

Lets say that we both agree on your statement that Katty is OP. What shall we do next ? Revert Stuka HP nerf and keep Katty in its OP state or nerf both of them ? :huh:

Of course, now it has become the
1) full health
2) full spaced
3) instaretreat
Squad.

Panic reatreating is a luxury, you want to avoid any arty like you can avoid easily stuka barrage. It's the rng that makes it good, so "it has no scatter" is not an advantage at all unless you are perfectly sure theguy is afk and/or will be predictable and always dodgein one way like a dumbass.

It isn't op, it fires at longer range but is fragile, stuka isn't and shouldn't because it needs to close in.
The health nerf is stupid as hell.

I posted my feedback several times.
This is not blaming anything, this is expressing my opinion.
Nobody asked them to get on the throne and balance, if they think it is putting too much pressure on them they can drop the ball whenever they want, but they shouldn't open "DECEMBER BALANCE PATCH FEEDBACK" thread if they don't want to hear people opinion to not be "disturbed"...
At the same time they shouldn't expect an 80% positive feedback if they keep trolling/ignoring/insulting whoever is providing it, so I really hope they didn't change the 80% positive feedback requirement.
17 Nov 2017, 03:20 AM

Problem I see in 2v2s and above is that once mid-late game comes on big maps, rocket arty rolls out and starts wiping axis vetted infantry, meanwhile vet allied infantry are relatively untouched unless through misplay or anything else.

As the game goes on, you see vet 3 rifle lmg blobs, vet 3 penal blobs, vet 3 IS double bren blobs, which is impossible to counter when you already lost your own vetted grens or mg42 to a lucky katy barrage. Hence you see panther "cheese", but wait! There's more!

You can't exactly win tank battles too because a 3s or 4s team that knows what they're doing will have a Soviet player with Industry commander spamming repair emplacements every where around the goddamn map, so not only are you losing infantry engagements, you're getting buttfucked with mass su85s too. Woo! Axis is fun!
17 Nov 2017, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2017, 03:20 AMbert69
Problem I see in 2v2s and above is that once mid-late game comes on big maps, rocket arty rolls out and starts wiping axis vetted infantry, meanwhile vet allied infantry are relatively untouched unless through misplay or anything else.

As the game goes on, you see vet 3 rifle lmg blobs, vet 3 penal blobs, vet 3 IS double bren blobs, which is impossible to counter when you already lost your own vetted grens or mg42 to a lucky katy barrage. Hence you see panther "cheese", but wait! There's more!

You can't exactly win tank battles too because a 3s or 4s team that knows what they're doing will have a Soviet player with Industry commander spamming repair emplacements every where around the goddamn map, so not only are you losing infantry engagements, you're getting buttfucked with mass su85s too. Woo! Axis is fun!

community says axis is op

community also said brits are well designed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight