Login

russian armor

Mechanised Refit ability.

11 Nov 2017, 11:09 AM

I like this commander a lot vs OKW. Turns the tables early on quite nicely allowing US to bully them early and hopefuly pick up some wipes.

I've just noticed that the Re-fit ability to send vehicles off map for resource return makes deployed abulances instantly vanish *poof* and ressources returned.

Keep that in mind if you use this ability and your opponent is about to dive your base and kill your ambo, instant get out of jail free card :D
11 Nov 2017, 11:18 AM

Pls delete this thread and post it again, after the patch is done...:D
But thx...
11 Nov 2017, 12:00 PM

Funny enough is one of the ability thats really tricky to use, especially if your vehicle die horribly on an accident making it hard to utilize the commander's ability.

I'm guessing relic will have to rethink how to allow player to not get heavily punish when in use of the commander
13 Nov 2017, 12:28 PM

Pls delete this thread and post it again, after the patch is done...:D
But thx...

Is it being changed?

I like it because you can get the next light vehicle up quicker, so try to keep bringing out impact units as fast as possible.

You could bring an M20, dont bother giving it armour, quickly lay 2-3 mines, then send it refit and bring out the quad half track, if your enemy didnt spot the M20, no reason to be scared of mines ;)

If your in a large engagement with several units about, and you have a vehicle that is soon going to die and you cant retreat it, hit this ability and its possible your enemy wont focus fire it and youl get your ressources back, depends if he is more concearned about other units in the area.
16 Nov 2017, 09:59 AM

Yeah, I also like that ability.

I once swaped Sherman for dual Jackson in late game when OKW bough out KT. Good times
16 Nov 2017, 11:20 AM

Lets wait for DBP Commander changes.

I am really courious how they change this commander and how useful the ability will be afterwards.

Right now its a great ability in a meh commander <444>_<444>
16 Nov 2017, 13:45 PM

I am really courious how they change this commander and how useful the ability will be afterwards.

Yeah I am really curious too. The ability is so cool.
16 Nov 2017, 16:00 PM

I play this commander a lot vs OKW. In fact 90% of my game vs OKW when the map is open for the WC51 advantage. Otherwise I play Rifle company for the flamethrower, rifleflare phosphorus barrage and sometime the EZ8 (cuz the M4 is better vs infantry).
I don't think it is a meh commander, only the M3 is meh in it. But it is an early-mid game commander without tank call-ins so people aren't looking at it as the Armor one on 1vs1 or Pershing/Calliope in teamgame.

In fact, I think while withdraw and refit is a cool ability, it is has a poor interest in this doctrine. If today W&R is interesting it is because the Jeep is too squishy to be used after 4 minutes. Make the Jeep more reliable and with a midgame purpose (an Infantry scanner like the Kubel or a capping ability with vet) and W&R will become useless in this doctrine.

And I don't want to be rude in advance, but don't say that W&R is interesting with other USF light vehicle, the argument is as much ridiculous as the Capping ability for Soviet tanks. Something you have used 2 or 3 times for fun and helped you won 1 game in a 2 years period of time.
16 Nov 2017, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 16:00 PMEsxile

I play this commander a lot vs OKW. In fact 90% of my game vs OKW when the map is open for the WC51 advantage. Otherwise I play Rifle company for the flamethrower, rifleflare phosphorus barrage and sometime the EZ8 (cuz the M4 is better vs infantry).
I don't think it is a meh commander, only the M3 is meh in it. But it is an early-mid game commander without tank call-ins so people aren't looking at it as the Armor one on 1vs1 or Pershing/Calliope in teamgame.

In fact, I think while withdraw and refit is a cool ability, it is has a poor interest in this doctrine. If today W&R is interesting it is because the Jeep is too squishy to be used after 4 minutes. Make the Jeep more reliable and with a midgame purpose (an Infantry scanner like the Kubel or a capping ability with vet) and W&R will become useless in this doctrine.

And I don't want to be rude in advance, but don't say that W&R is interesting with other USF light vehicle, the argument is as much ridiculous as the Capping ability for Soviet tanks. Something you have used 2 or 3 times for fun and helped you won 1 game in a 2 years period of time.

I remember withdrawing my 4 shermans for 4 jacksons one game to burst KT down and then go to 5 scotts to counter his volksblob.

Yes it was super lategame, yes I had some stray fuel in my bank.

It was epic match, shame I did not save it half year ago :D
16 Nov 2017, 18:58 PM

I remember withdrawing my 4 shermans for 4 jacksons one game to burst KT down and then go to 5 scotts to counter his volksblob.

Yes it was super lategame, yes I had some stray fuel in my bank.

It was epic match, shame I did not save it half year ago :D

We all have records where Withdrawing a unit saved our ass of like. But it doesn't make it a good ability that you can integrate in a strategy.
16 Nov 2017, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 18:58 PMEsxile

We all have records where Withdrawing a unit saved our ass of like. But it doesn't make it a good ability that you can integrate in a strategy.

You can, you can go Dodge -> M20 -> Stuart -> Scott -> Sherman with withdraw and refit ability ;)

But yea, generally it is used as an a**saving ability that lets you tho change your amy composition fast when a strategty isnt going well - a reactive ability
16 Nov 2017, 19:05 PM

You can, you can go Dodge -> M20 -> Stuart -> Scott -> Sherman with withdraw and refit ability ;)

But yea, generally it is used as an a**saving ability that lets you tho change your amy composition fast when a strategty isnt going well - a reactive ability

Because those units scale poorly on late game. That's why i say if the WC51 get refit for better scaling in the patch, you're not going to use W&R on it. Same if the M20 get a price reduction.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that W&R isn't that super good-keep it at all cost. Imo improving the WC51 and replacing W&R with the HT mortar would bring better options to the doctrine.
If the WC51 doesn't get any change, keep it.
16 Nov 2017, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 19:05 PMEsxile

Because those units scale poorly on late game. That's why i say if the WC51 get refit for better scaling in the patch, you're not going to use W&R on it. Same if the M20 get a price reduction.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that W&R isn't that super good-keep it at all cost. Imo improving the WC51 and replacing W&R with the HT mortar would bring better options to the doctrine.
If the WC51 doesn't get any change, keep it.

Withdraw and Refit is what keeps the doctrine itself. It encourages fast agressive play and swift changes on the battlefield.

I dont see why a mortar halftrack should be better than W&R for a mechanised doctrine.

Even if you let WC51 to scale into the lategame, it will still die to anything so refitting it to a m20 would be far better because it can lay mines.

And refiting stuart to sherman would be advised too, because it is simply stronger in the lategame and dies harder
16 Nov 2017, 19:17 PM

Withdraw and Refit is what keeps the doctrine itself. It encourages fast agressive play and swift changes on the battlefield.

I dont see why a mortar halftrack should be better than W&R for a mechanised doctrine.

Even if you let WC51 to scale into the lategame, it will still die to anything so refitting it to a m20 would be far better because it can lay mines.

And refiting stuart to sherman would be advised too, because it is simply stronger in the lategame and dies harder

Cuz it is mechanized, you know, having on track stuff that normally have to walk, it is about theme.

Again it depends on how those units scale on late game.

17 Nov 2017, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2017, 18:58 PMEsxile

But it doesn't make it a good ability that you can integrate in a strategy.

I agree with Hector, the idea is to spam as many vehicles as fast as possible to completley overwhelm your opponent, normally this would be a crazy all in strategy where all your opponent has to do is survive to an Ostwind and counter all your light vehicles, but this ability lets you pull them off the field so you can bring out a sherman etc.

Also allows you to go a bit heavier on shermans, when normally you might be worring about a heavy tank eventually, punish him harder before it arrives, then W&R into Jackson when you need it.

Also the Jeep can win the game in first few mins with a couple of wipes quite easily if opponent is not carful, so something with such early game power does not need to scale well.

If you think of the advatage you should gain by having *more than ussual* light-medium vehicles on the field, that should be enough of a map advantage that it outweighs the ressources you are losing when you do W&R.

Also the arty off map is not bad at all for punishing OKW trucks, esspecially at 8CP. Its almost a perfect OKW killer doc if you ask me :D Personal prefference of course.
17 Nov 2017, 16:31 PM
Donator 11

It was a perfect okw killer when okw was all about med truck abuse and volks didn't have fausts. Now its much tricker to use and you are usually better using other commanders. Still I can't wait to see how they address these problems.
17 Nov 2017, 17:07 PM

All the Jeep has to do for me is counter the kubel, if I can get a bonus wipe or two from it then thats great!

I like to call the M3 mainly for demo charge on the engies, as you often have them pushed back and they are often forced to push back in a bit of a blob to force you back, where a demo can really punish them further!

The M3 itself I just use behind my forces as a reinforce point, helping you keep the pressure on!
2 Dec 2017, 20:59 PM

maybe it can be like a mini allied war machine where every vehicle refunds 50% of fuel and 25% of manpower when it dies for 60 seconds
2 Dec 2017, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2017, 20:59 PMSatire
maybe it can be like a mini allied war machine where every vehicle refunds 50% of fuel and 25% of manpower when it dies for 60 seconds

I like how you didn't mention the one factor that kept Allied war machine balanced: 'the limitation tot the amount of vehicles refunded.
3 Dec 2017, 23:51 PM

I like how you didn't mention the one factor that kept Allied war machine balanced: 'the limitation tot the amount of vehicles refunded.

Idk I only played coh1 singleplayer a while ago it was pretty good and in coh1 you got your vehicles replaced instantly for free so this could be a weaker version of it but a limitation could still be good, like 2 vehicles just like in the first one for 200 munis

anyways in DBP isnt this ability removed? :( feels bad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS