Login

russian armor

Tank MP

7 Aug 2013, 05:35 AM

Hello

Does anybody feel that the T3/T4 MP cost for the Tanks (Brummbar excluded) is a tad too low? ATM, if anyone has the fuel, tanks are very spammable in this game.

It really needs to be at VCoH levels, especially with ATGs being as useless as they are.
7 Aug 2013, 05:38 AM

Honestly, no.

The reason being because they changed the resource collection and upkeep system, and MP is determined in a slightly different way.

Arguments about economy comparisons with VCoh don't really stand up because the system is so different. In some ways I think it's better, some worse. It's more forgiving than vcoh which is great if I'm losing and annoying if I'm winning. However this will provide for more strategic variation I hope.
7 Aug 2013, 05:56 AM

True, but personally, tanks costing less MP than an ATG seems ridiculous to me.
7 Aug 2013, 06:02 AM

Yes but a panzer 4 costs something like 150 more fuel using horrible off the top of my head math skills. If you wanted it your way the fuel cost would then need to be reduced to vcoh levels...

And it doesn't make sense to do that because of the structure of the economy in this game (+3 for strat points, no variation between small, mid, large fuel/muni sectors).
7 Aug 2013, 06:55 AM

spamming works in every RTS game, i wouldn't worry to much about it

as much as we want to field every unit in the game with excellent synergy

spamming just works
7 Aug 2013, 07:59 AM

dunno why are u guys even discussing this , i dont see the problem and pls dont try to "fix" things that arent broken
as sir muffin said spamming works in every RTS game but its not very effective cuz u should rely on variety so u can counter most things enemy throws at u (if enemy spamms same thing over and over , you shoud spamm your hard counter over and over)
7 Aug 2013, 08:25 AM

Tanks are so cheap that you can spam them as long as you have unlimited supplies of the most precious resource.

Nice logic Einstein.
7 Aug 2013, 12:10 PM

Tanks are so cheap that you can spam them as long as you have unlimited supplies of the most precious resource.

Nice logic Einstein.

Lmao, thinking fuel is the most precious resource.

It's not, it's MP, most of the game's about MP. What do you think the point of snipers are? If you're thinking about using it to only eliminate squads, you must be lvl 6 or smthing (VCoH lvl) or an SSSSS player.

I suppose I wasn't particularly clear, but yeah, personally, I find it ridiculous that ATGs cost more MP than tanks while being as inaccruate as they are.
7 Aug 2013, 12:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2013, 12:10 PMhubewa

Lmao, thinking fuel is the most precious resource.

It's not, it's MP, most of the game's about MP. What do you think the point of snipers are?

Huh? He never said that...
7 Aug 2013, 12:38 PM

Permanently Banned
I think an overall increase in armor MP costs would benefit the meta.

Related to this, I also think Sov Muni expenditure also could use increasing.
7 Aug 2013, 13:09 PM

Related to this, I also think Sov Muni expenditure also could use increasing.

I don't really see how. The only reason Germans use so much Muni is because they have a shit tonne of upgrades to slap onto their squads. Otherwise they're identical. The MU float is a byproduct of a less combat effective infantry unit(When taking into account upgrades).

Huh? He never said that...

That's exactly what he said?
7 Aug 2013, 20:36 PM

Tanks are already expensive fuel wise. No matter how much mp you save cause of low tank mp costs fuel cost are always high. Insanely higher than coh and fuel is always the least available resource. If you can afford to spam tanks, that means you are winning the resource war already so why is that unfair?
7 Aug 2013, 20:40 PM

What? Brummbar... spammable? No way, its super costly and involves getting battle phase 3. That's a TON of fuel. If someone is spamming these things you really lost the game hard. Cheap in manpower? That's not a huge deal considering the limitation is a resource you HAVE to fight for and you need a lot of that resource to get to that point.

I'm really curious to see a replay where someone "spammed" these things at you. Could you post one?
7 Aug 2013, 20:43 PM

I don't really see how. The only reason Germans use so much Muni is because they have a shit tonne of upgrades to slap onto their squads. Otherwise they're identical. The MU float is a byproduct of a less combat effective infantry unit(When taking into account upgrades).

That's exactly what he said?

Not a shit tonne, just a few(four) that cost an arm and a leg and almost required to make inf units even viable or a doctrine not useless and half the abilities are useless, per inf cloak only in cover?pass. Add a 50 munition grenade only capable of killing half a squad at best and you have a massively munition depleted faction.
7 Aug 2013, 20:55 PM

i think it's better that tanks cost less mp and more fuel, it allows the players to field a big army and it would make more room for a lot of infantry and makes tanks less spammable depending on how much fuel you have. however, i think anti tank guns should be cheaper as a result. it doesn't make sense when at guns cost a lot more than the tanks.
7 Aug 2013, 20:57 PM

i think it's better that tanks cost less mp and more fuel, it allows the players to field a big army and it would make more room for a lot of infantry and makes tanks less spammable depending on how much fuel you have. however, i think anti tank guns should be cheaper as a result. it doesn't make sense when at guns cost a lot more than the tanks.

This I can agree with. AT guns cost quite a bit for what they do at the moment.
7 Aug 2013, 21:15 PM

What? Brummbar... spammable? No way, its super costly and involves getting battle phase 3. That's a TON of fuel. If someone is spamming these things you really lost the game hard. Cheap in manpower? That's not a huge deal considering the limitation is a resource you HAVE to fight for and you need a lot of that resource to get to that point.

I'm really curious to see a replay where someone "spammed" these things at you. Could you post one?

I said brummbar excluded XD :D

It's okay :)

Hmmm.... with the current set up, if I'm retreating properly, it isn't difficult to field large armies with the current configuration. The problem now is, because infantry doesn't do terribly much against tanks, the late game is simply a tank war, often SU-85 vs Pz4s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★