Login

russian armor

Dose this look realistic?

30 Oct 2017, 12:01 PM

The title basically. I am trying to make a realistic looking artillery emplacement in a field for a scene in a NIS movie.

I am also struggling to make the hedgerows around the field witch are so close to the trench look good.

any suggestions or tips would be appreciated thank you!

Where and what to use when placing the hedgerows

1 Nov 2017, 15:29 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Splat and splines under neath the hedges to give them that "darker dirt" look, and make sure to raise the hedgerows slightly with the terrain, about .5 meters. Then use scrub other other branches to augment the hedgerows so they don't look like individual objects, but a set-piece that is held together.
1 Nov 2017, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2017, 15:29 PMTric
Splat and splines under neath the hedges to give them that "darker dirt" look, and make sure to raise the hedgerows slightly with the terrain, about .5 meters. Then use scrub other other branches to augment the hedgerows so they don't look like individual objects, but a set-piece that is held together.

thanks tric
1 Nov 2017, 16:04 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

A good reference would be the vcoh map, McGeghans War (i think, 2v2 map), although they don't have the brush objects that are available in the current essence engine, you will get an idea of what I'm talking about, as that entire map used Hedges.
1 Nov 2017, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2017, 16:04 PMTric
A good reference would be the vcoh map, McGeghans War (i think, 2v2 map), although they don't have the brush objects that are available in the current essence engine, you will get an idea of what I'm talking about, as that entire map used Hedges.

had a look some of the Relic's maps and used your tips came up with this.

2 Nov 2017, 14:05 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Yah, it looks good. Depending on the route you want to go or whatever reference you may or may not be using... I think this would work fine.

Also there is an item in defences/metal (i think its metal, might be wood) that is trench barbwire, that could go nicely along the trench.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★