Login

russian armor

Hip-Fire LMG Animations for DP-28?

26 Oct 2017, 05:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I was wondering if it was at all possible to use the hip-fire animations from brens, MG34/42, etc on a DP-28. I want to make a fire on the move DP but it just doesn't look satisfying at all seeing them fire the DP as a normal rifle from the shoulder.

I tried copying the anim_table tags from the other LMGs and kept the visibility_name as lmg_dp_28_visible as it was originally, but in game, the soldier holding it T-poses when standing still and appears unarmed when moving. I've tried switching from completeMotionTree to newMotionTree in the soldier abps, but the results are the same. Is there any way around this?
26 Oct 2017, 12:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2017, 05:40 AMKasarov
I was wondering if it was at all possible to use the hip-fire animations from brens, MG34/42, etc on a DP-28. I want to make a fire on the move DP but it just doesn't look satisfying at all seeing them fire the DP as a normal rifle from the shoulder.

I tried copying the anim_table tags from the other LMGs and kept the visibility_name as lmg_dp_28_visible as it was originally, but in game, the soldier holding it T-poses when standing still and appears unarmed when moving. I've tried switching from completeMotionTree to newMotionTree in the soldier abps, but the results are the same. Is there any way around this?

I know they have the animation for if you give them a M34 they will do it, so it maybe tailored to the weapon itself but I am not sure. When I look in the World Builder, there is only a slot for Rifle_State
26 Oct 2017, 19:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Aye, it is tailored to the weapon itself. Changing it would require changing the attributes of one of the model files (I forgot which one, but I think its the RGO).
26 Oct 2017, 20:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2017, 19:53 PMLugie
Aye, it is tailored to the weapon itself. Changing it would require changing the attributes of one of the model files (I forgot which one, but I think its the RGO).

Is that editable or is it a restricted file?
26 Oct 2017, 22:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2017, 20:07 PMKasarov

Is that editable or is it a restricted file?

It is indeed restricted, along with all other model and texture files.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★