Login

russian armor

Force reload problems

13 Oct 2017, 10:38 AM
Modmaker Badge

Hi comuninty:

I am having problems to perfom a force reload action. Lets me explain myself better. I cloned a vanilla target ability to perform an APCR shot. There is many examples in vanilla content, like "Stug III critical shot".

I am putting here the ability to show you better:

What is my problem ? Well I reworked Wikinger to have realistic reload times for all his vehicles and this particular ability perform an instant shot when you activate it, and the unit can perform a double shot.

Shot normal --> Shot APCR instantly

Then I tryied to fix it in the follow ways:

a. Force reload action in "start self action"
b. Force reload action in "start target action"

Sadly the force reload action not work. Its works ok in "end self action" but not at the start of the target action.

Could someone give me a tip or some information to fix my problem.

Thanks a lot in advance
Olhausen
13 Oct 2017, 14:39 PM

This may be a little kludgey, but what about a simple delay timer if nothing else works?

If the reload timer is being bypassed for some reason in start actions?

What may be happening is that the reload is occurring, but on the main gun, not the ability's shot. So when the ability is completed the main gun has already reloaded behind the scenes.

I don't have the time right now to do it myself, but it might be worth checking the MG42 incendiary rounds since it forces a reload at the start of the ability. That may be bound by an animation firing and completing though.

But that might give you a good lead towards a possible solution.
13 Oct 2017, 23:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

14 Oct 2017, 03:34 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Aye, im with Franshish on this. You could disable the original weapon/gun, and then use a delay timer to simulate the reload.
19 Oct 2017, 13:36 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi again guys, sorry for the late answer. I was trying to fix the feature many times and I tried your advices in many way. Sadly I was not be able to solve the problem because of many factors.

I will go by steps:

a. ZombiFrancis: The MG 42 incendiary rounds is a timed ability. My timed HVAP rounds works like a charm, the problem is when I try to do the same with a "target ability". In the target ability the force reload not works sadly.

b. Ægion Aim: times & wind upt times not works. I use different times but not affect the use of the slot item during the execution of the ability

c. Luigie: You advice works pretty good generally talking but the big problem is in the gameplay. Basically the use of the delay times generate big problems. Why ? Because in Coh2 the reverse is "terrible" and a vehicle can scape in a blink of an eye. Then a delay before the target ability generate a bad gameplay problem.
I use realistic reload time for all my vehicles and delays up to 4 seconds and a vanilla reverse of "warp 9.9" is equal to buggy ability and very bad gameplay.

Here I left my best option so far:

Then in conclusion I reworked my Germans APCR rounds to timed abilities and now they works ok but I still have the problem of certain tank abilitites like "Tiger long shot". I think I will solve the problem not with a reload.

Thanks again for your time

Regards
Olhausen

19 Oct 2017, 18:22 PM

I think the actions need to be sequenced for it to work the way you want it to, currently you have it set up so that the force reload and weapon usage happens at the same time. I'm not SUPER familiar with the "change target" action, but that might help do it. So you can sequence 1. change target > self > force reload 2. use weapon

....maybe???
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Korea, Republic Of 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak