COH 2 needs new stuff

4 Oct 2017, 22:54 PM

- not enough commanders

- not enough bulletins

- not enough maps

- not enough factions

its getting repetitive
4 Oct 2017, 23:00 PM

Heh that's funny. The old stuff isn't even likely to ever be balanced, let alone new content, aside from dolphin related, modder created skins. Relic is done with the game; wait for coh3 or something if you're not satisfied with its current state.
5 Oct 2017, 20:04 PM

The coh2 needs a one thing. A proper Developer, which cares for game's community ;)
5 Oct 2017, 20:23 PM

I assume we'll be getting new maps from the map contest, right? That's something I guess. Assuming it's not another Pripyat... :P

I'm holding out hope we'll get at least one more patch where Relic will let the community balancers fix the worst balance offenders, bugs and call-ins (hopefully) but no way in hell we're getting new factions, commanders, or bulletins.
6 Oct 2017, 05:23 AM

hate to break it to you, but i'm pretty sure the game official support is done.
6 Oct 2017, 09:56 AM

so what happened to the "5 years plan" that relic sold us ?
remember to don't buy coh3 whatever relic's promise, they are just canadian scammer.
6 Oct 2017, 10:11 AM

I think that 9 commanders for the WFA and 20 something is good enough for the EFA.

Bulletins as well.

Maps can be community created as most of them already are.

The only thing really missing is a 3rd Axis faction that's not Japan.

But I wouldn't really count on anything as far as Relic goes tho, that's also why I'm gonna buy DoW 3 only when it's on a giant sale, as well as AoE4 and all of their future games, if they're even worth it that is.
6 Oct 2017, 10:44 AM

People like you also wanted the british faction.

What happened? Those people left and Brits screwed up this game
6 Oct 2017, 10:46 AM

so what happened to the "5 years plan" that relic sold us ?
remember to don't buy coh3 whatever relic's promise, they are just canadian scammer.

so what happened to "steel division", the next big competetiv thing you sold us ?

remember it's the next ESL thing according to you!
6 Oct 2017, 10:46 AM

The reason it is getting repetitive is that commander and bulletin design is flawed, not because there are too few of them.

In terms of commanders the devs just went away from the well-working vCoH commander design that provided for unique commanders that fit a specific niche, which made for interesting tactics and better teamwork (achieving synergy by going for different commanders). What they created for CoH2 (especially for Ostheer and Soviets) is a very uninspiring (some might even say lazy) design of almost random combinations of abilities to form commanders. This means commanders have no specific direction (maybe apart from a few like the Encirclement Doctrine, Royal Artillery Regiment and Elite Armour Doctrine) and only a few are efficient, leaving others only for enthusiast non-meta usage.

In terms of bulletins the design is even worse - about 80% of bulletins have no discernible impact on unit performance and it feels like they were made by an automated, randomising software code, rather than developers with a vision on their usage.

I would kinda agree on maps, but hopefully the ongoing map contest will improve that somewhat.

Regarding factions, I think we already have enough balance issues with the five factions we have, to be wary of upsetting that balance even more.
6 Oct 2017, 10:56 AM
Donator 11

From 1v1 perspective, the game was least repetitive just before infamous "okw redesign". There were only 4 factions, but they were very distinct, so you really had to adjust playstyle depending on the faction you play and often also the commander your opponent have chosen.

Now we have one faction and a few commanders more, but the game is repetitive becouse factions have been made too similar. The conclusion is that it's not the quantity but quality that makes the game interesting.
6 Oct 2017, 12:25 PM

By that rule of 3 any sport is repetitive..
6 Oct 2017, 13:06 PM

Commanders are already too numerous, especially in core armies.

Bulletins are useless, will be useless, and cannot be improved, we already have a laundry list of stupid ones with 1 or 2 that are marginally useful on stack.

Maps can always be increased in number, but Relic did a poor job of bringing in community maps and did not make their own.

We have five factions, there is no need for more factions. All that does is make balance harder. The playstyle you want is out there, you just need to find it.
6 Oct 2017, 14:57 PM

so what happened to "steel division", the next big competetiv thing you sold us ?

remember it's the next ESL thing according to you!

got anything interesting to add to the discussion ?

we are speaking of coh2, don't embarass yourself by giving such bad arguments, steel division has nothing to do with relic abandoning its game before the end of the promised "5 years plan".
6 Oct 2017, 15:02 PM

In terms of bulletins the design is even worse - about 80% of bulletins have no discernible impact on unit performance and it feels like they were made by an automated, randomising software code, rather than developers with a vision on their usage.

i would definately agree on this point, some bulletins are so stupid.. Who ever used the british bulletin that makes medic run 5% faster ? :lolol:
6 Oct 2017, 18:03 PM

Yeah, the bulletin system sucks pretty hard. If they wanted to do it right, they should have looked at the Ostwind suppression, or even made some of the weaker doctrine abilities like Soviet light mines or Ost/Sov tank traps into it. As to docs, they just needed to fix the ones that didn't work. Even if they weren't meta, as long as they weren't complete and utter shit it would have been nice to break up the samey meta.
Vaz
6 Oct 2017, 19:13 PM

The 5 year plan without income was such a great idea
6 Oct 2017, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Game need axis vs axis...

Allies is boring a hell!
7 Oct 2017, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2017, 19:13 PMVaz
The 5 year plan without income was such a great idea

Seems like they take an example from Comrade Stalin himself :thumb:
7 Oct 2017, 21:03 PM

I think light unit customization would help, like picking 1 or 2 changes per army.

IE give Rifles M1 carbines with 10% more DPS up close but less at range, body army for OST infantry but increased muni costs, tank riding, smoke replacing incendiary on Volks, giving UKF the M4A2 Sherman instead of Cromwell.

More examples: swap HMG .50 for .30 Cal team, give PzGrens a repair ability, maybe give USF officers mine/camo detection.

You could even tie these in with Commanders, say you have 3 “changes” to a USF army, that means you’re limited to the recon support commander only. So you basically choose between customizing your army to throw them off guard, or using meta commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 1
Germany 665
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %