Login

russian armor

OKW vs USF Blob

26 Sep 2017, 17:03 PM

I know that usually I´m on the other part of the conversation but this time I´m really stuck and cannot help myself.

I did everything well in the early game, the game was on a full swing, I attacked, he counterattacked, I counterattacked and so on and so forth, it was really balanced match up.

But then he reached a critical mass of infantry, started to blob them to my cut-off and I was hopeless against that.

Luchs didn´t counter the blob because blob was equipped with bazookas and luchs is much better against lone squads than against whole blob.

I also tried to buy a mg34 when I saw he´s going to blob but he wasn´t dumb, made one flank and captured it, then it was used against me. Mg was supported.

Flaktrack died to blob as well, wasn´t supressive enough to counter it.

Is there any way how to counter USF infantry blob (all manpower was used to create riflemen horde, no tanks were present = rakketen was a MP sink) except by outblobing your opponent - going 4 volks from minute 0, upgrading them all with STGs and blobbing more than him ?

Please look at this one thoroughly and give me a valuable information. I´m really missing something. I know how to counter almost anything but this player and his blobbing style always defeats me.

PS: Double HMG isn´t the answer, he will just use captain ON ME!!! to counter any supression and then with increased DPS just melt HMGS :(

Hector
26 Sep 2017, 17:11 PM

I'll try to watch this tonight, but based on your description you made a few miscalculations.

First you made an mg34 to fight a blob. At best functions like your luchs: defending a flank or against a lone capping squad. They just can't stop blobs.

A flak truck again falls into this role. They just dont defend the front very well, but can defend a flank nicely.

But my main bit of advice is to use MINES. Glorious mines from your sturms. Force minesweepers and/or more cautious movement from your opponent. Minesweeper are a great target to focus fire too.
26 Sep 2017, 17:16 PM

I'll try to watch this tonight, but based on your description you made a few miscalculations.

First you made an mg34 to fight a blob. At best functions like your luchs: defending a flank or against a lone capping squad. They just can't stop blobs.

A flak truck again falls into this role. They just dont defend the front very well, but can defend a flank nicely.

But my main bit of advice is to use MINES. Glorious mines from your sturms. Force minesweepers and/or more cautious movement from your opponent. Minesweeper are a great target to focus fire too.

If flak and mg fails, what can stop USF blob ?

Mines are OK but often A) I don´t have time to place them after succesfully reppeling a blob as I have many loses and need to cap/reinforce/etc. Also sturms with 2 members aren´t good at placing mines (sturms will usually take some beating in fight)

B) Sweeper will just negate them :(
26 Sep 2017, 20:01 PM

26 Sep 2017, 23:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I didnt watch the replay since im away from my computer, so im speaking strictly from experience and in concept (feel free to entirely disregard this knowledge if its not relevamt to what happened/what was possible in the game), but aggressive luchs play into ostwinds are probably the best bet.

Well, first things first, getting a kubel and keeping it alive is good for early capping and can later help you keep territory once you know where he sent his blob. Assuming you put up a decent to good early game (which you would hope to do as okw), you can get a decently early luchs. Get it the literal first second possible. His stuart should ideally be ~2 minutes off, so you should only have to worry about zooks. If he doesnt zook within the first minute, your luchs can dominate; if he does, then you would hope to have infantry dominance because stgs>zooks. Also, using zooks becomes much riskier for him if you have even 1 volks squad screening, just make sure to focus the zook squad first. With his zook squad gone, your luchs can then force the rest of the blob off. If he had multiple zook squads, well, again, youd hope to win in raw infantry engagements. Onto the main thing: scavenge. Jlis are good for denying garrisons and making it so that you can add a squad instantly to whichever area he attacks. Assuming you keep the map even, just spam ostwinds as soon as you hit 8 cps. Theyre probably the best crowd control/anti blob tool that okw can have (the sturmtiger has too much downtime and can be too predictable imo). Just mix in pumas as needed. Generally you would worry about heavy armor, but if hes blobbing, then try to bleed him super hard so that he never has enough mp for the vehicles.
27 Sep 2017, 03:01 AM

have u tried double or even triple luchs? sounds like this dude is just trying to cheese, just cheese him back
27 Sep 2017, 05:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2017, 03:01 AMbert69
have u tried double or even triple luchs? sounds like this dude is just trying to cheese, just cheese him back

Thx, 3 luchs into Commando Panther would do the job :thumbsup:
27 Sep 2017, 05:28 AM

I don´t have good experience with Oswinds as M10 comes at the same time and if I go oswind I have nothing to counter his M10 horde. Then he will just follow it up with Dozers and I´m done :(
27 Sep 2017, 14:08 PM

That's why stuka need a circular widespread barrage and flak ht need a serious buff.

The second slot should be gone nontheless, either get a zook or a bar and a single bar is good enough to beat stg and grens at intended range.

Ostwind right now is the best bet, maybe you can get cloacked raketen to avoid issues with m10 horde ?

It's a problem tho, anything from a player to a rock ranked over lvl 7 will always get a sweeper in front of the blob, mines can't be the only answer.
27 Sep 2017, 14:33 PM

That's why stuka need a circular widespread barrage and flak ht need a serious buff.

The second slot should be gone nontheless, either get a zook or a bar and a single bar is good enough to beat stg and grens at intended range.

Ostwind right now is the best bet, maybe you can get cloacked raketen to avoid issues with m10 horde ?

It's a problem tho, anything from a player to a rock ranked over lvl 7 will always get a sweeper in front of the blob, mines can't be the only answer.

Thank you for clearing balance issues but I want to find a solution to counter current USF blob, not to rebalance it :)
27 Sep 2017, 15:38 PM

Thank you for clearing balance issues but I want to find a solution to counter current USF blob, not to rebalance it :)

"Ostwind right now is the best bet, maybe you can get cloacked raketen to avoid issues with m10 horde ?"

:huh:

Sly, raketen and mines, get the job done because you will be able to hunt m10 with ostwind if it is damaged.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★