Login

russian armor

British Commandos

6 Sep 2017, 13:15 PM

Any infantry tactic against british commandos? Without light vehicles and mines I can`t fight them properly playing as Ostheer. They can beat MG42, Grenadiers even Panzer Grenadiers in 1 to 1 combat.

6 Sep 2017, 14:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Vehicles or more infantry. Commando cost > Ostheer unit cost. So you need to offset the disadvantage of a 1v1 by making it 2v1 etc.
6 Sep 2017, 16:17 PM

So I have to outnumber them or use vehicles. Perhaps it's my gamestile but i think Ostheer has a lot of troubles fighting units with submachine guns(commandos, shock troops). Assault grenadiers are doctrinal and not soo strong (quick start unit but weak for their role), pioneers are not made for combat and panzer grenadiers are for short-to-medium-ranged engagements (in short distances they lose against submachine guns).

6 Sep 2017, 16:54 PM

From someone who has held commandos as their favourite unit in both vCoH and CoH2 (=used them a lot):

As long as you keep them at mid/long range, you bleed the UKF player enough that commandos will not serve them for whatever they deployed the unit for. You have weapons and upgrades that allow Ostheer infantry to fight at that range, so just make sure you focus fire commandos when/if they attempt to close range;

Ostheer Sniper will bleed commandos badly; By keeping a 251 halftrack nearby your infantry (which, in turn, is screening the sniper from commandos) to provide fire support but more importantly reinforcements, you can outlast the commando unit until the sniper bleed forces them to retreat;

If you keep your HMG alive during the early game, it should be vet 1 by the 3/4 CPs when commandos first arrive. The incendiary rounds will make short work of them, as long as you can time the reload well;

Vehicles are an obvious counter.
14 Nov 2017, 18:06 PM

Well, controlling them with support weapons and snipers sounds great. But usually they happily trigger their "speed buff" and charge either your MG position or the sniper and quickly are in close combat range - and within a second your squads/sniper have vanished.

What is their dps? Is seems to me that it is higher even that of Shock troops or SMG Paratroopers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★