Login

russian armor

SOV vs. OKW blob

4 Sep 2017, 20:34 PM

I tried an online match after quite a time, and this "tactic" got me completely off guard. Whats the suggestion in a situation like this? I know basic things to counter blobs, but i couldnt put them to a good use.
Ignore the M3, i built it in rush and i thought i am building the meat grinder truck.
4 Sep 2017, 20:37 PM

Demos if you can.
5 Sep 2017, 08:13 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Demos, and dhkas mg (there are 2 soviet doc, who have them)

5 Sep 2017, 09:00 AM

I tried an online match after quite a time, and this "tactic" got me completely off guard. Whats the suggestion in a situation like this? I know basic things to counter blobs, but i couldnt put them to a good use.
Ignore the M3, i built it in rush and i thought i am building the meat grinder truck.

https://youtu.be/B8PlBt6YDLQ?t=31s - OKW blobs are basically hard to counter
5 Sep 2017, 13:26 PM

Penals into dhsk and then blob your own penals. He can't easy wipe demo you to death, but you can demo him to death with a click of a button.

5 Sep 2017, 18:10 PM

i didn't watch the video, but here is the advice anyway.

build t1 with starting engie => penal => m3 => penal => penal. then tech up and go for what u gon need (mortar,dhsk,guard,...)

At the time u got m3, put yer 1st penal in and go cap things and fight lone squad encountered. If enemy push and you feel like you are underpowered (cuz at dat time you are) then avoid the fight and use m3&penal to decap point on his side (like fuel/ammo) often u will destroy a kubble doing dat.

Penals are expensive & slow to have them rolling. if enemy is very aggresive then he will push you and eventually cap yer fuel. It's important to feel the situation and stop fighting lost fight if it come to it (2 penals just cannot hold sturmgod and 3 volks). U have to avoid bleeding too much mp to have yer 3rd penal (2 is too weak, 3 is when u start being dominant).

As i said u may lose yer fuel but if you decap his fuel he won't have any either which is just fine (i would even dare to say it's in yer favor cuz there won't be a luch at 6.00 to fk ya up).

Play the m3&penal from afar when fighting, when both penals and m3 can shoot. that way m3 will take less damage and won't get fausted at the second they unlock it (cuz most of the time u won't have yer engie around to repair it). only dive if a lone squad is on retreat can get ya some spicy wipes (if ya know he got raketen u may not take the bait... or take it anyway cuz yolo). losing m3 to raketon is not so bad cuz u'd have forced him to lose mp on a raketen dat won't do him any good anytime soon.

when 3 penals are there, u can put engies flamer in m3 to give extra mobility and power to engies and have them do what penals cannot. (mine, sidecap, demo). a sneaky early demo on a key building is always rewarding cuz they most likely won't have detector and they will go in the important building for sure. if the enemy like to mass retreat his blob then and sneaky demo on the retreat path can win the game (well-timed satchel 'd do too). baiting enemy squad/blob in a demo using your shity engie is trully gratifying (tbh demo is the most gratifying thing in the game, just feels too good to blow precious stuff by just click a button). it's fun to demo decrewed enemy mg/atgun (keep vision with anything to see when he recrew to blow the squad when it's about to recrew so he lose squad while mg/atgun is destroyed. u may create a bottleneck (not a too obvious one) with some wires to guide enemy blob in and demo em.

dshk is really good since maxim got doomed, it's basically the only suppresion plateform soviet got atm (in my memories m5 upgrade is like 120 ammo and got it's suppresion nerfed, better get a wipe(s) with a demo and put a game saving mine). dhsk isn't mandatory, i don't use it personally.

if enemy blob, it's important to stop having your army all around the map.

6 Sep 2017, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2017, 18:10 PMHven

if enemy blob, it's important to stop having your army all around the map.

Thanks for a lot of useful info, i did a mistake by playing the game as usual and not adapting too much to enemy "tactic"
11 Sep 2017, 14:41 PM

tested m5 with upgrade vs blob, it's trash. don't do it in any case. the only thing working vs blob is dhsk, demos and a counter blob (important to focus a single squad with all yers). there is nothing else. katy can get good result but it's too random.
12 Sep 2017, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2017, 14:41 PMHven
tested m5 with upgrade vs blob, it's trash. don't do it in any case. the only thing working vs blob is dhsk, demos and a counter blob (important to focus a single squad with all yers). there is nothing else. katy can get good result but it's too random.

IMO a reasonable number of Su76 with the Barrage ability is pretty good too.
12 Sep 2017, 12:50 PM

su76 do ok vs medium so it could be a thing to use it as antiblob and mid/late game at. i never used su76 dat way so i don't really know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★