Login

russian armor

Coh2 vs Coh1 comparison

24 Aug 2017, 22:45 PM

LOOOL

Sniper gameplay? 2 snipers vs 2 snipers? Snipers a moving? the sniper roulette: work your ass off for a good counter snipe and then see your sniper missing --> oh yeah so much balance and totally not RNG...

Also diversity and Doctrines?

coh1 2v2consisted entirely of this: a dozen repair bunkers of the defense doc vs 2 calliopes/2howitzers

you lose if your howies get v1-ed (by sneaking in bike, which was countered by mines) you win if you can kill the flak88/snipers with artillery fast enough ---> oh yeah so much diversity and fun

finally take off your rose tinted glasses.

24 Aug 2017, 23:21 PM

LOOOL

Sniper gameplay? 2 snipers vs 2 snipers? Snipers a moving? the sniper roulette: work your ass off for a good counter snipe and then see your sniper missing --> oh yeah so much balance and totally not RNG...

I don't see Aimstrong, DevM (or alijaz, Inverse, Budwise, or any top players for that matter) complaining about sniper wars.

Maybe it's time to tune down your ego and l2p.
24 Aug 2017, 23:34 PM

Still waiting a reazonable explanation of why coh1 is better than coh2

Please avoid talking about things that has nothing to do in terms of game mechanics. And of course these ones.

photo sharing

24 Aug 2017, 23:40 PM

LOOOL

coh1 2v2consisted entirely of this: a dozen repair bunkers of the defense doc vs 2 calliopes/2howitzers

you lose if your howies get v1-ed (by sneaking in bike, which was countered by mines) you win if you can kill the flak88/snipers with artillery fast enough ---> oh yeah so much diversity and fun

Eh there were really only two real major skill thresholds in CoH1 which were the ability to push infantry around with vehicles, mostly bikes, and sniper play.

I never could manage sniper play in the level 16+ world, and I outright refused to bike push for the longest time. My poor axis rankings suffered so bad during 2.601 roo spam though. :D

Also, just for you:

https://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=details&id=261741

Kappa. ;)
24 Aug 2017, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 23:34 PMLuciano
Still waiting a reazonable explanation of why coh1 is better than coh2

Mental game. You could outplay your opponent even without the best micro.

CoH2 really puts the burden on player's micro abilities more than anything. Mind you, this is more different than objectively 'better' or 'worse'. I personally found the macro decisions of CoH1 to be a great component of overall gameplay. There was a level of strategic flexibility in CoH1 that really never manifested in CoH2. While I subjectively find CoH1 to be superior, I understand it's not necessarily an objective superiority.

But in my opinion, more than anything, CoH1 DOES have much a much superior set of tools for building maps and mods. The playing field for every match was much more meaningful. CoH2 territory points are literally the same placeholder points created for an alpha demo.

Also, the ability to have german voice acting for axis and english for allies in CoH1 was also something I really enjoyed, despite it having no impact on gameplay really.
25 Aug 2017, 16:02 PM

Eh there were really only two real major skill thresholds in CoH1 which were the ability to push infantry around with vehicles, mostly bikes, and sniper play.

I never could manage sniper play in the level 16+ world, and I outright refused to bike push for the longest time. My poor axis rankings suffered so bad during 2.601 roo spam though. :D

Also, just for you:

https://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=details&id=261741

Kappa. ;)

Snipers weren't that bad once you figure out that you can just trade shots with his sniper from a distance instead of wasting micro on setting up a rng countersnipe.
25 Aug 2017, 18:53 PM

LOOOL

Man, you say this as if CoH2 is some beautiful game without artillery. And by the sound of it, you must have been playing noob games, since I played highest level of 2v2 for years and "12 repair bunkers" was not something I ever saw. CoH1 2v2s was a beautiful mixture of combined arms, intense micro, and deceptive tactics. You had to capture, defend, harass, micro snipers, micro bikes, micro MGs, micro infantry, and tech simultaneously. In CoH2 it feels more like, rush a house with your squad, and capture. There aren't really any meaningful engagements that are exciting to micro like there were in CoH1. And to complain about artillery is pretty dumb - especially the V1 part. CoH2 is RIDDLED with artilery, and the only reason you don't see B4s or 152mm howizters often is because of how easy it is to instantly kill them. At least in CoH1, to drop a V1 on a howitzer, you had to sneak a sniper or a bike into the base, which requires effort, micro, luck, and can be countere with recon runs, mines, clever unit movement etc. CoH2 literally has "recon the base, drop a stuka bomb" to counter. So don't even start about V1 when CoH2s mechanics KILLED howitzers.

The only difference in CoH2 2v2 is that instead of howizters and calliopes you see calliopes + katyusha + land mattress (since they're all mobile). The artillery is definitely still there (such as the game of yours I recently saw on Minsk, where your partner made land matresses and both of you spamemed your base howitzers, how is that any different than CoH1?).

To me, it seems like you have a hard dick for CoH2, and just like to shit on CoH1, without actually thinking about what you say, or think analytically about how both games are played at a top level.
25 Aug 2017, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2017, 18:53 PMNosliw

Man, you say this as if CoH2 is some beautiful game without artillery. And by the sound of it, you must have been playing noob games, since I played highest level of 2v2 for years and "12 repair bunkers" was not something I ever saw. CoH1 2v2s was a beautiful mixture of combined arms, intense micro, and deceptive tactics. You had to capture, defend, harass, micro snipers, micro bikes, micro MGs, micro infantry, and tech simultaneously. In CoH2 it feels more like, rush a house with your squad, and capture. There aren't really any meaningful engagements that are exciting to micro like there were in CoH1. And to complain about artillery is pretty dumb - especially the V1 part. CoH2 is RIDDLED with artilery, and the only reason you don't see B4s or 152mm howizters often is because of how easy it is to instantly kill them. At least in CoH1, to drop a V1 on a howitzer, you had to sneak a sniper or a bike into the base, which requires effort, micro, luck, and can be countere with recon runs, mines, clever unit movement etc. CoH2 literally has "recon the base, drop a stuka bomb" to counter. So don't even start about V1 when CoH2s mechanics KILLED howitzers.

The only difference in CoH2 2v2 is that instead of howizters and calliopes you see calliopes + katyusha + land mattress (since they're all mobile). The artillery is definitely still there (such as the game of yours I recently saw on Minsk, where your partner made land matresses and both of you spamemed your base howitzers, how is that any different than CoH1?).

Exactly: having mobile and fragile artillery instead of the howi vs flak88 Meta is one of the biggest improvements in this game
25 Aug 2017, 21:33 PM

I think CoH1 was great game. The Brit and PE buggered it up some. Roos were horrible, but overall was good. CoH1 campaign, IMO, hands down better than any of the CoH2 campaigns. Heck, I'll still play CoH1 Mission 4 (Carentan Counterattack) for the shear fun of it.

CoH2 polished up CoH1, but I still disagree with the way OKW works and the overall forward retreat point system.
25 Aug 2017, 21:45 PM

Exactly: having mobile and fragile artillery instead of the howi vs flak88 Meta is one of the biggest improvements in this game

CoH1 had nebelwerfers, stuka zu fuß, PE had hotchkiss, hummel, USA had calliope, british had priest... lots of mobile artillery

and instead of flak88 we instead get elefant and jagdtiger, with some pak43 on the side Kappa

what's better than a flak88 that is immobile and can kill a sherman in 4 shots? ofc a mobile tank with flak88 range that can 2 shot a tank :snfPeter:
26 Aug 2017, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2017, 18:53 PMNosliw
To me, it seems like you have a hard dick for CoH2, and just like to shit on CoH1, without actually thinking about what you say, or think analytically about how both games are played at a top level.

DonnieChan = ZeroshiftReloaded. Nuff said.
26 Aug 2017, 12:06 PM

I loved how faction design in coh1 was much better allowing you to go different tiers or skip tiers to adjust to your playstyle or team role. Wehrmacht could rush t3 or t4, usf could start t1 or t2, pe could go t1/t3, t2/t4 only brits were straightforward. Also all factions could fight effectively using only vanilla units, didnt have to pick a specific company to be viable. Coh2 is a big downgrade in this manner when compared to coh1.
26 Aug 2017, 15:03 PM

Snares and deflection damage on handheld infantry AT have certainly downplayed the role of vehicles in this game. Especially anything non-heavy or anything meant to be mobile.
26 Aug 2017, 15:30 PM

I would say I voted as if we were talking about vCOH. The expansion was bad, really bad.

COH2 development spent so much time focusing on elements there were eventually completely removed, blizzards and snow. This on top of a rushed development because of bankruptcy and no polish at the end.

For me though, the look and feel of COH1 is so much better than COH2, although some of the changes in COH2, especially the vet, were good. The inclusion of everything under the sun to make it expansion ready and microtransaction friendly, and the way in which those who invested early were punished by being given leftover commanders and crap bonuses also leaves a bad taste.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Russian Federation 108

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment