Login

russian armor

Age of Empires IV

• This thread is locked
23 Aug 2017, 21:05 PM

Fucking awesome but, honestly, Relic ? I'm kind of afraid for AOE4.
23 Aug 2017, 21:09 PM

Fucking awesome but, honestly, Relic ? I'm kind of afraid for AOE4.

Don't forget that Microsoft is supervising the project. Though they damn well better make this game compatible with Windows 7 or I'll be pissed.

Mind you though, I would love to see squads of men over singular men in battle that can be reinforced. That's far better than having to replace lost men one-by-one.
23 Aug 2017, 21:13 PM

Don't forget that Microsoft is supervising the project. Though they damn well better make this game compatible with Windows 7 or I'll be pissed.

Mind you though, I would love to see squads of men over singular men in battle that can be reinforced. That's far better than having to replace lost men one-by-one.

But is Sega involved too ?
23 Aug 2017, 21:15 PM

They do write the checks for Relic's Employees so I'd imagine so. :P
23 Aug 2017, 23:28 PM

Came back here after I heard the news. RIP Age of Empires.
24 Aug 2017, 03:18 AM

I will never buy that game, never !!!!
24 Aug 2017, 04:39 AM

People in this thread are not giving Relic a chance. If you're thinking of DoW3, it was done with a different game director. Quinn Duffy (game director of CoH2) will be directing AoE4.
24 Aug 2017, 05:33 AM

Quinn Duffy (game director of CoH2) will be directing AoE4.

He ruined coh and coh2.
24 Aug 2017, 06:26 AM

People in this thread are not giving Relic a chance. If you're thinking of DoW3, it was done with a different game director. Quinn Duffy (game director of CoH2) will be directing AoE4.

If CoH 2 is so good why does it take the community to balance it 4 years after it's release?
24 Aug 2017, 07:02 AM
Donator 11

Don't buy this game, look how relic shafted us with the fall balance patch.
24 Aug 2017, 07:12 AM

I will never buy that game, never !!!!

If CoH 2 is so good why does it take the community to balance it 4 years after it's release?

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 07:02 AMspajn
Don't buy this game, look how relic shafted us with the fall balance patch.

I think you guys miss the fact that CoH2 is 4 years old now. And since the release of the Brits, there was no real income this game created. Sure, you can buy commanders and skins with real money, but I honestly don't think that there is much left to get.

The game itself is in a pretty nice state now, sure it is maybe a bit rough to let go of FBP so abruptly but keep in mind that Relic also has to make money. There were a lot of cuts before and after DoW3 because it flopped so badly so I think it is in terms of management the right decision to let go of a game that is so old. Other companies like Ubisoft and Activision don't support their games for more than half a year, we can be glad.

Otherwise it is not fair to say that AoE4 will suck because there is also Microsoft behind it which knows that the Age of Empires franchise is one of the most precious gaming franchises in existence (everyone somehow got in contact with AoE2).

And who says that AoE4 won't be what many of us hope in terms of CoH3?
24 Aug 2017, 08:28 AM

I think you guys miss the fact that CoH2 is 4 years old now. And since the release of the Brits, there was no real income this game created. Sure, you can buy commanders and skins with real money, but I honestly don't think that there is much left to get.

The game itself is in a pretty nice state now, sure it is maybe a bit rough to let go of FBP so abruptly but keep in mind that Relic also has to make money. There were a lot of cuts before and after DoW3 because it flopped so badly so I think it is in terms of management the right decision to let go of a game that is so old. Other companies like Ubisoft and Activision don't support their games for more than half a year, we can be glad.

Otherwise it is not fair to say that AoE4 will suck because there is also Microsoft behind it which knows that the Age of Empires franchise is one of the most precious gaming franchises in existence (everyone somehow got in contact with AoE2).

Thing is Relic aren't even doing anything anymore. So far they've only set dumb scopes and had to approve changes made by the community, how hard and time consuming could that be exactly? Plus I've only seen Kyle post from time to time and that's about it.
24 Aug 2017, 09:50 AM
Donator 11

You are putting Relic to EA games standard, im putting them to valve/blizzard standard and they don't leave their game broken and move on.
24 Aug 2017, 12:07 PM

omg you just nailed the coffin, Quin Duffy is AOE4 lead director...
There goes all my hopes on AOE4 :lolol:

Brace yourself AOE fans :bananadance:
24 Aug 2017, 12:16 PM

COH2 could have been so much better with so little work, it's entirely Relic fault if coh2 is still shit 4 years later when it was released at the perfect time for becoming an Esport game that would have bring ton of cash to Relic through their micro-transactions.

But rushing a game development, releasing P2W commanders/DLC and not being able to balance the game or even fix simple bugs during years was too much for most people.

AOE4 will be shit, just like DOW3, DOW2 and Coh2. The only success from Relic has been Coh1 and DOW1, which were insanely good for their time but since then they failed at everything they tried. Why would it be different for AOE4 o_O
24 Aug 2017, 13:43 PM

I'm not sure if this thread was meant to give people a green light pass to be total dicks disrespectful towards Relic and Relic staff members. If you don't like their company, don't go hang around their community forums, and go play other games.
24 Aug 2017, 14:20 PM

COh2 is one of the best games with such a tactical and play deepness in this genre...its most of the time really intense to play and u get most of the time a adrenalin push when you attack/ go in defense/ win in the last sec/ get a huge RNG win/ lose etc etc...look to the other games....most of the RTS games are not so tactical...

when AOE4 get such a sight and cover system it will be great...but coh2 is a really good game
24 Aug 2017, 16:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm not sure if this thread was meant to give people a green light pass to be total dicks disrespectful towards Relic and Relic staff members. If you don't like their company, don't go hang around their community forums, and go play other games.

You'd be hard pressed to find people with nice things to say about how Relic handles things, going back 10 years. This site is a CoH2 fansite, not a Relic fansite.
24 Aug 2017, 17:00 PM

The internet, such a great tool. But also such a bad tool, gives immature (trying to be nice) people to spread their BS over the world.
Some people should really get a life!
24 Aug 2017, 17:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment