Login

russian armor

Some technical questions

20 Aug 2017, 22:38 PM

Like title says, just some game mechanic type questions, mostly about tanks.

How exactly does penetration work? Like, if say the kubel had exactly 4 armor and riflemen had exactly one penetration (disregarding range for examples sake) does that mean the rifles have a 1 in 4 chance of penning it? And if a t34/85 (totally making stuff up for examples sake again) had 150 pen and shot at a tank with 200 armor, does that mean it has a 3 in 4 chance of penning?

How are tanks' shots vs infantry calculated? Does RA of the infantry and range of engagement matter? Also, are moving penalties for vs. inf the same as vs. tanks (as in does the Cromwell also have 50% accuracy/scatter whatever it is vs. infantry on the move)?

Do flamethrower tanks have any differences in flamethrower performance in terms of range and whether or not it's moving?

Is there something wrong with the bazooka? Because I think I remember hearing it won't inflict death crits or something (no idea how that works) and I have seen tanks escape with tiny slivers of health when they shouldn't have. If so, is it going to get fixed in the FBP?

Thanks.
20 Aug 2017, 23:25 PM

How exactly does penetration work? Like, if say the kubel had exactly 4 armor and riflemen had exactly one penetration (disregarding range for examples sake) does that mean the rifles have a 1 in 4 chance of penning it? And if a t34/85 (totally making stuff up for examples sake again) had 150 pen and shot at a tank with 200 armor, does that mean it has a 3 in 4 chance of penning?

Yes, penetration chance is penetration / armor. Results below 3% are ignored, in so far as that matters.

How are tanks' shots vs infantry calculated? Does RA of the infantry and range of engagement matter? Also, are moving penalties for vs. inf the same as vs. tanks (as in does the Cromwell also have 50% accuracy/scatter whatever it is vs. infantry on the move)?

Most main guns (exceptions: Luchs, flak HT, Centaur...) will have a <5% chance of hitting while still at point blank, so they're mostly relying on scatter to hit infantry. Infantry RA will not matter at all for scatter, it's determined entirely by range and terrain (standing in front of cover is an easy way to get hit, being on top of a hill is an easy way of avoiding getting hit, etc). The vehicle moving will matter too, but how much it matters depends on a lot of factors.

Do flamethrower tanks have any differences in flamethrower performance in terms of range and whether or not it's moving?

Every flamethrower weapon in the game performs exactly the same at all ranges it can fire in. Moving will reduce accuracy by 50% (exception: flammenwerfer has no penalty right now, one of the two churchill flamers has no penalty), which will reduce damage against target by something less than 50% because the AOE can still hit and the damage over time effects can also land on top of the target regardless.

Is there something wrong with the bazooka? Because I think I remember hearing it won't inflict death crits or something (no idea how that works) and I have seen tanks escape with tiny slivers of health when they shouldn't have. If so, is it going to get fixed in the FBP?

There's currently "something wrong" with every single infantry held AT. WBP people wanted to reduce amount of exp gained by infantry anti-tank, so they split damage on those weapons to 33% regular and 66% magic damage that doesn't count for veterancy. Unfortunately that magic damage won't currently actually kill a unit, so if a vehicle has more than the regular damage worth of health left the vehicle will survive with 0hp.
21 Aug 2017, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2017, 23:25 PMCruzz
WBP people wanted to reduce amount of exp gained by infantry anti-tank, so they split damage on those weapons to 33% regular and 66% magic damage that doesn't count for veterancy. Unfortunately that magic damage won't currently actually kill a unit, so if a vehicle has more than the regular damage worth of health left the vehicle will survive with 0hp.

If only I wasn't that deep in that game that I could say it does not infuriate me :D
Vaz
21 Aug 2017, 15:52 PM

The penetration system doesn't really use an x out of x shots type of system. You can think of it that way if it helps you, but the game will use an rng to determine hit or not based on the number. So 25% doesn't necessarily mean 1 out of 4 will hit. You could fail or miss on all 4. You could hit 2 and miss/fail 2. Freak results don't usually happen like that, but are possible.
22 Aug 2017, 01:08 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 3
United Kingdom 164
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L