russian armor

Bialystok Market

19 Aug 2017, 19:14 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Feedback for Bialystok Market
22 Aug 2017, 18:31 PM

ROUND #1 REVIEW
GOOD:
1. Great night feel to the map with light posts and small FX fires everywhere creating tmosphere. Looks really good when large engagements open up with explosions etc. I also had fun testing it and running all the lamps over with tanks.
2. Interesting Urban feel with several tight flanking areas.

BAD:
1. The North and South VPs do not appear balanced. The southern VP is behind a building and the Northern VP is open but near a building. May be asymmetrically balanced somehow?
2. The northern Munition point appears a hair closer to the western bases than the eastern bases. Could move the southern munition point a little closer to the eastern bases to balance.

POSSIBLE CHANGES:
1. The south east area could benefit from more buildings or debris where play ends. It feels a little claustrophobic when the interactivity stage just ends in the middle of the area you are fighting in. Since there are no obstructions to clue the player in that they cant go that way. Could extend the stage to include a little more area in the south, would allow another flank opening. This is by the VP and victory point. Could allow a flank around the building between them which would also balance it closer to the northern VP.
2. Some of the corridors feel a little tight. But that is the style of the map, Urban right! So it is hard to recommend anything that might ruin the feel of the map. But I might remove a building between rows to create little pockets of openess. May ruin some of the flanking options though.
3. A couple points have the actual point close to the edge of the capture area. Will need some testing to see if the AI has issues capturing the points.

SCORE:
9/10 - This map has very few problems. After some minor cosmetic fixes it should be good to go.
27 Aug 2017, 16:50 PM

The resource point on the very north point and the two on the south east edges of the map are extremely isolated and hard to access. I feel like the bottom side of the map is lopsided resource wise, and that right side has slightly better access to those isolated points I mentioned.

I think the buildings in the following images could stand to be removed and/or replaced with cover.

https://ibb.co/nN0ONQ
https://ibb.co/nhtzwk

The points attached to leftside base might warrant moving towards the center more. Compare the placement and access to the resource point behind the munitions on right side with the munition point on the left.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★