Login

russian armor

Mortars

21 Aug 2017, 12:41 PM

Sorry for spamming this thread, but my old one might also be useful: https://www.coh2.org/topic/61632/crazy-idea-remove-auto-barrages-from-all-artillery
21 Aug 2017, 12:43 PM

I want a LeFH that barrages the enemy base sector 24/7 without a single click.
Even better: As soon as I have chosen a commander with the LeFH and have 600 spare MP, my Pios will automatically start building it.
The dream.

Engineers planting mines on their own! Commandos seeking cover automatically to stay concealed! Snipers having a "keep at range" button to stay away from enemy units! Make RTS Dumb Again!
21 Aug 2017, 19:16 PM

I remember the days when Mortars were the bane of my existence a couple of years ago. I would spend four or five games in a row losing games the moment indirect fire moves into the field. Ohhhhh... The frustration was intense, for sure. But I persevered and started changing the way I played because of it. Deploying less infantry on foot, not pushing forward with all my forces at once, using flares to scout for flanking routes, using Halftracks to more quickly on said flanks while my main force serves as a distraction... Halftrack flanking was made even better by the fact you can load Maxims on to Halftracks now!

Facing the power of mortars helped me become a better player and I'm thankful for that. While I understand fully the frustration it causes, I simply do not wish to change them. It's sad to see people simply give up and try to make it go away because they tell themselves they can't win otherwise rather than overcome such difficulties. There's no sweeter victory than a hard fought one.

No matter, I have faith Relic will never remove Auto-Fire from Mortars. It's been fine all these years and it's fine now. Well, other than Mortar Pits that still need tweaking at least. You guys can argue among yourselves now. I said my piece and I'm not changing my mind.
21 Aug 2017, 19:24 PM

Light Howitzers like LeIG and PaK howie should deal more damage to buildings than other mortars but less to inf as they have a huge range and are meant to harass OKW buildings and UKF sim cities.

A) Having a unit that is only good vs one faction is bad design,

B) Range is nice, but when its range is equal to a mortar pit or a 120mm you cant really argue that range is something it has over its opponents.
21 Aug 2017, 21:32 PM

I remember the days when Mortars were the bane of my existence a couple of years ago. I would spend four or five games in a row losing games the moment indirect fire moves into the field. Ohhhhh... The frustration was intense, for sure. But I persevered and started changing the way I played because of it. Deploying less infantry on foot, not pushing forward with all my forces at once, using flares to scout for flanking routes, using Halftracks to more quickly on said flanks while my main force serves as a distraction... Halftrack flanking was made even better by the fact you can load Maxims on to Halftracks now!

Facing the power of mortars helped me become a better player and I'm thankful for that. While I understand fully the frustration it causes, I simply do not wish to change them. It's sad to see people simply give up and try to make it go away because they tell themselves they can't win otherwise rather than overcome such difficulties. There's no sweeter victory than a hard fought one.

No matter, I have faith Relic will never remove Auto-Fire from Mortars. It's been fine all these years and it's fine now. Well, other than Mortar Pits that still need tweaking at least. You guys can argue among yourselves now. I said my piece and I'm not changing my mind.

Both the ukf mortar pits and the ostheer mortars are cancer. They are both not fun to fight. I can easily open with double mortars as ostheer and have them outperform ostheer sniper openings. Afk auto-fire, which is as deadly or more deadly than the sniper, takes almost no micro.

21 Aug 2017, 22:41 PM

Both the ukf mortar pits and the ostheer mortars are cancer. They are both not fun to fight. I can easily open with double mortars as ostheer and have them outperform ostheer sniper openings. Afk auto-fire, which is as deadly or more deadly than the sniper, takes almost no micro.

That's personally how I feel. As for chocoboknight, I didn't make this thread because I constantly lose due to mortars. I use mortars when I play ostheer and soviets (120s not the godawful pm) and leigs as okw if I don't go luchs. I just feel that any way you sling it, they overperform in a role they aren't even supposed to be filling, with no player input at all most of the time. No other unit in the game is able to be just left to its own devices and do as much damage as indirect fire.
22 Aug 2017, 17:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortar in this game are crazy boring, cause the tinner map with low distance action. And mortars quick fire, no problem with places, its bad engine design war with mortars. And looks like some of then have GPS with coordinate precise bullets lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak