Login

russian armor

Would you like to see the UKF mortar emplacement replaced?

5 Aug 2017, 21:49 PM

I was just pondering this and wanted to see what the opinions were. Personally Id like to see the mortar emplacement replaced by a mobile mortar team. Adjusted to be balanced with other factional mortar teams.

5 Aug 2017, 22:08 PM

Nope. Quite happy with what I have. If they could be deleted when no longer useful, it would be great. Not to mention I could steal mobile one if I really needed one.

I would rather the Artillery Flares be a bit more accurate.
5 Aug 2017, 22:30 PM

Nope. Quite happy with what I have. If they could be deleted when no longer useful, it would be great. Not to mention I could steal mobile one if I really needed one.

I would rather the Artillery Flares be a bit more accurate.

If you still want to play with entrenched mortars that's also fine: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679152285

Thing is if this was implemented most of the British players that want mobile mortars would be also covered.

If you want to continue like until now you're free to do that as well.
5 Aug 2017, 23:11 PM

Current FBP solution is alright. Only thing I hate about it is the Bofors still being ridiculous and making it a nightmare to capitalize on their new weakness to small-arms fire.
6 Aug 2017, 05:21 AM

If you still want to play with entrenched mortars that's also fine: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679152285

Thing is if this was implemented most of the British players that want mobile mortars would be also covered.

Thanks. I don't have an issue with the idea of the Artillery Pit at all on a personal level. If Relic decided to go with it, I certainly wouldn't complain. Even then, until that day comes I'm still alright with what we have now.
7 Aug 2017, 06:14 AM

the nightmare on flanks to mortar emplacement is the bofors, which kill all infantery on retreat....even if 3 sqauds retreat from different direction ....its awefull how fast the bofors can turn its turrent and kill single models...
7 Aug 2017, 07:06 AM

the nightmare on flanks to mortar emplacement is the bofors, which kill all infantery on retreat....even if 3 sqauds retreat from different direction ....its awefull how fast the bofors can turn its turrent and kill single models...

Especially when you consider how little a Bofors cost but how much trouble it is to get rid of it. Think about it, the Bofors only costs little more than a 222, but it can hold flanks on its own (more or less, like a Schwerer) until the late mid game. Then, as a Brit, you can safely attack and fall back without worrying to lose too much territory.
7 Aug 2017, 07:19 AM

Especially when you consider how little a Bofors cost but how much trouble it is to get rid of it. Think about it, the Bofors only costs little more than a 222, but it can hold flanks on its own (more or less, like a Schwerer) until the late mid game. Then, as a Brit, you can safely attack and fall back without worrying to lose too much territory.

this is what i said many times: the price is too low for its performanche. Show me one other unit for this price which can hold alone whole armys and fight like this bofors.

what get other faction for 30 fuel? okw getting a half luchs or a 3/4 halftrack.
ost get a 222...wow!!

if the brit was dumb enough to lose the bofors..or the enemy can make a whole army against it..there is no big think to build it again. the brit will not be punished to build the emplacments...they are too cheap.

he can build his city and sit back to save enough fuel tpo bring out tanks...in the same time like a ost player his p4.

bofors should minimum cost 80-100 fuel.

one point more: this units doesnt need manpower to replace like infantery units. After build it...u get a huge advantage....exspacily in teamgames, where a mate can support to build your city.
7 Aug 2017, 07:40 AM

Awesome idea, would be way more fun to play with
7 Aug 2017, 07:55 AM

bofors should minimum cost 80-100 fuel.

one point more: this units doesnt need manpower to replace like infantery units. After build it...u get a huge advantage....exspacily in teamgames, where a mate can support to build your city.

Totally agree. The Bofors actually encourages blobbing. Why? Because what is the biggest disadvantage of blobbing? Losing map control after you have to full retreat your blob. But with the Bofors to hold a steady frontline you will never have to worry about losing too much territory. USF blob/Penal blob backed up by Brits defenses is horrible to play against. In particular with the ridiciolous range of the mortar pit, which on some maps literally covers the whole map (crossing in the woods for example).
7 Aug 2017, 08:09 AM

bofors should be like a better hhalftrack from okw...pin fast..but not kill a whole squad in secounds.
7 Aug 2017, 11:53 AM

yep. Bofors is ridiculous. It either needs a hefty price tag or a severe AI debuff (rotation speed in particular, that thing moves like it's got two motors turning it) . Seen it many times when someone rounds a blind corner with two squads of infantry, run into a Bofors that hasn't been scouted and immediately gets them slaughtered because they weren't following them with the camera every step of the way
7 Aug 2017, 12:27 PM

Agree on the AI killing power need some nerfing on bofors. Wehr full health squads if you accidentally make your retreat path through bofors, you always have to pray to gods that even 1 make it. Killing retreating units like nothing atleast needs major nerf.
7 Aug 2017, 12:47 PM

choose 2:

- heavy surviveability
- heavy dmg
- low price

it can´t be that the bofors is all of that: heavy suvriveabilty, heavy damage AND have very very low price.

7 Aug 2017, 14:52 PM

god please
choose 2:

- heavy surviveability
- heavy dmg
- low price

it can´t be that the bofors is all of that: heavy suvriveabilty, heavy damage AND have very very low price.

You forgot the cant move part
8 Aug 2017, 06:35 AM

god please

You forgot the cant move part

hmm..all bunkers from other faction cant do it...and now? look the flak emplacment from OKW, which is nearly expansive like the bofors..but it do only nothing.

for movement brit get their other unit, you know?
8 Aug 2017, 07:01 AM

hmm..all bunkers from other faction cant do it...and now? look the flak emplacment from OKW, which is nearly expansive like the bofors..but it do only nothing.

for movement brit get their other unit, you know?

Lol okw flak base is actually pretty good if you give it the opportunity to be (as in don't immediately retreat). It can't target though.

The aec serves a totally different role and that's beside the point because the point was that it has to be all those things you listed because it can't move. I would be on board with maybe a little less ai power or at least slightly slower rotation but I also couldn't care less because imo making emplacements is shooting yourself in the foot.
8 Aug 2017, 07:16 AM

Lol okw flak base is actually pretty good if you give it the opportunity to be (as in don't immediately retreat). It can't target though.

The aec serves a totally different role and that's beside the point because the point was that it has to be all those things you listed because it can't move. I would be on board with maybe a little less ai power or at least slightly slower rotation but I also couldn't care less because imo making emplacements is shooting yourself in the foot.

please read again...since when you can buy/build the base flak emplacement (i wrote: its expansive like the bofors) which mean: i mean the flak emplacment from the OKW falls commander, which is buildable but cant 1% from the performanche of the bofors.

why is bofors a shot in the foot? to kill this u need a little army..it means u need miniminmu midgame to deal with the bofors...while it can be build in the first 5min.

it save the area by itself to midgame...nice unit for only 30 fuel. (compare it with other 30 fuel units)

8 Aug 2017, 08:44 AM

I would want to see suxton replaced with QF 25 pounder position/emplacement.
8 Aug 2017, 15:34 PM

Welcome back Kappa.
I think its already have that model in modmaker tools ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment