Login

russian armor

USF vs OKW

5 Aug 2017, 09:04 AM

I really need help vs OKW
Osteer I can handle but when it comes to OKW I struggle vs their swarm of kubels, their P2s and pumas into King tiger plus their Vet 5 PF :gimpy:

I thought I made when I took down their first batch of vehicles, but no cigar :(

6 Aug 2017, 16:42 PM

You can't play passively as USF. You held your rifles back in cover where you should be trying to find the sturmpios to plink away some of that sweet sweet 4 man health. But you held back and didn't engage. He just capitalized on that tell: you were playing defensively the moment the game began.

Initially, you skipped the first resource tier to run to the fuel with your REs. I would actually advise against this because generic resource points give you both resources. They capture quickly enough that there's no reason to ignore them. This isn't vCoH where you're initially skipping a +5 muni or cutoff for a +16 fuel. Your opponent was almost done capping its 2nd and halfway through its 3rd territory when you finished your first.

You chose a commander very early and built a second RE squad early on. You also built a mortar very early on, I think before the first engagement. Easy 8s are nice, but the M10s and the Dozer Sherman may have served you far better than Rifle company's offerings.

It feels like you were going forward with a build order that may be effective against an ostheer player, what with the early commander choice (for RE flamers?) and a mortar. The mortar and second RE should've been riflemen. The second RE should only have been built when you had the spare munitions ready for slot items. But since you were against OKW, by the time you even had the munis, you were dealing with a Luchs.

You actually did rather well using infantry AT to kill off the initial light vehicles, I can give you that.

I'm not sure why you went with fighting positions. The one by the fuel didn't do much good, and the one by your cutoff was just a beacon for the lieg.

By the time the JT was out, you'd been contained for far too long and lost too many tanks. Plus there was a JT out.

You kept diving for the puma, which is actually where the puma performs the best: kiting and baiting.

Try and use cover more. You're good with garrisons and green cover, but in many engagements your rifles wouldn't be sent into cover. Eventually there were enough craters you were fine, but in those earlier engagements it is crucial.

OKW requires a much more aggressive build and playstyle. If you'd hammered out rifles before a second RE and even skipped the mortar altogether you might've had the field presence to tip the early game into your favor. Over half the match was a snowballing effect from those few initial choices.
9 Aug 2017, 18:14 PM

Thank you very much for your help, ZombiFrancis :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★