Login

russian armor

Big eastern front battle maps

4 Aug 2017, 13:43 PM

Why there are no "good" maps about the big eastern front battles like Stalingrad, Kursk, Leningrad, Kiev and etc
When I say "BIG", I am talking about the significance, not the size. A good one 1v1 Stalingrad based map would be so fun and change the game.
4 Aug 2017, 14:52 PM

Why there are no "good" maps about the big eastern front battles like Stalingrad, Kursk, Leningrad, Kiev and etc
When I say "BIG", I am talking about the significance, not the size. A good one 1v1 Stalingrad based map would be so fun and change the game.

Back in the days we had a map called Stalingrad in the 1v1 automatch-pool, but pls dont remind us.. it was a nightmare :snfPeter:
4 Aug 2017, 14:54 PM

Back in the days we had a map called Stalingrad in the 1v1 automatch-pool, but pls dont remind us.. it was a nightmare :snfPeter:

That's why I said a "good" map
4 Aug 2017, 15:19 PM

The Red Orchestra 2 maps on the workshop are good.
4 Aug 2017, 17:48 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

To be honest the pvp community dont like urban or industrial maps. So there is only a small amount of maps. You should look at the Workshop and search for a number of maps. I think it is the best chance to find a map u are looking for.
4 Aug 2017, 18:17 PM

To be honest the pvp community dont like urban or industrial maps. So there is only a small amount of maps. You should look at the Workshop and search for a number of maps. I think it is the best chance to find a map u are looking for.

That's why there are very good units that are good in urban maps and not useless at open maps like Shock troops, Assault Grenadiers and even conscripts. Abilities like Trip Wire Flares should be useful in urban maps. Traps and mindgames would be the critical factor of these urban maps. This directs affects the game balance.
Should at least be an option to play them or ban if you don't like it.
An WW2 Eastern Front game that doesn't have Stalingrad is sad
4 Aug 2017, 20:03 PM

Really big maps: Your units take about 3 minutes to come back to the front after a retreat. Meanwhile your whole map is being capped.

Really small maps: Artillery will wreck everything without mercy.

Maps with an urban settings: Especially Allied Close Combat units and Sturmpioneers will wreck everything. GG for Ost as it relies on support units.

Maps with a very open settings: Elefant and Jagdtiger will deny any Allied armor in the late game.

It's not as easy as it seems to create a "good" map.
4 Aug 2017, 20:44 PM

Really big maps: Your units take about 3 minutes to come back to the front after a retreat. Meanwhile your whole map is being capped.

Really small maps: Artillery will wreck everything without mercy.

Maps with an urban settings: Especially Allied Close Combat units and Sturmpioneers will wreck everything. GG for Ost as it relies on support units.

Maps with a very open settings: Elefant and Jagdtiger will deny any Allied armor in the late game.

It's not as easy as it seems to create a "good" map.

Mortars in urban maps are great. MGS can lock down narrows streets. And ostheer have Assault grenadiers and panzer grenadiers with a lot of close damage potential, even pioneers are "not bad" in these maps.
4 Aug 2017, 20:54 PM
Patrion 14

There was a map called "Pavlov's House" a 3v3 community map spotlight map.

I liked it - it was urban but middle was fairly open and size was big, too, which i liked.
5 Aug 2017, 07:09 AM

OP remind us of the legendary 1v1 map, but hey maybe you should try to play on the "Bombardment Refinery" . its was less truama than Stalingrad btw.

5 Aug 2017, 07:16 AM

Mr.pigsoup could you give us the map workshop address ? I want to try play this map tonight with my friends .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★