Login

russian armor

Seems to be no incentive for OKW to build the Schwerer HQ?

3 Aug 2017, 00:12 AM

At least in 1vs1.

And I don't mean no incentive to build it second and skip the Mechanized Regiment HQ (no one worth a damn will let you build it second and survive). I mean no incentive to build it at all.

Pumas seem capable of taking out any tanks enemies field, and spamming them is just so easy, especially with the on-demand smoke they have to survive anything.

Meanwhile, building the Schwerer Panzer HQ itself consumes a crapton of fuel, and you then need to gather another crapton of fuel to build a Panther or even a Panzer IV (the latter doesn't seem to make any sense given the availability of Pumas).

So it essentially comes down to either Puma spam or losing. There just doesn't seem to ever be a proper time to build the Schwerer HQ when you could just build another Puma.

That seem lame to anyone else?
3 Aug 2017, 00:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

T4 tanks get unlocked at about the same fuel price as the rest of the factions. Obers are also great, and the big fuck-all gun is nice for defending the cutoff. Pumas are great, but i'd never build more than one. Double raks cost no fuel, and might actually survive to get their super OP vet. Save the fuel for something more useful in AI.
3 Aug 2017, 00:32 AM

What do you mean? On small maps like kholodny ferma, faymonville aproach you always go battlegroup into schwere vs brits because of the leigs and the fhq but you almost dont see anything than soviets and lend lease these days because playing brits or usf vs the okw tryhard brigade its a suicide mission :)
3 Aug 2017, 00:49 AM

Maybe at higher rating, players actually create varied armies.

Below 1000 though, it's just tank spam.

There's no way to build the Schwerer HQ when the enemy is pushing out nothing but tanks as soon as they can get them.

I end up with like four Pumas and two AT guns, which of course obliterates the enemy tanks, but by comparison, going Schwerer HQ is suicide, since by the time you can bring out even one tank from there, the opponent will have fielded at the very least two tanks, which invalidates AT guns completely (except when used to support your own armor).
3 Aug 2017, 00:58 AM

4 pumas? Top 1000 sounds interesting Kappa
3 Aug 2017, 10:41 AM

It looks like OP is calling for Puma nerf. Modding team should definitely look into it.

If Puma will get nerfed OP would be happy as there would be more incentive to tech up.
3 Aug 2017, 12:01 PM

Maybe at higher rating, players actually create varied armies.

Below 1000 though, it's just tank spam.

There's no way to build the Schwerer HQ when the enemy is pushing out nothing but tanks as soon as they can get them.

I end up with like four Pumas and two AT guns, which of course obliterates the enemy tanks, but by comparison, going Schwerer HQ is suicide, since by the time you can bring out even one tank from there, the opponent will have fielded at the very least two tanks, which invalidates AT guns completely (except when used to support your own armor).

Something comepletely doesnt add up here. As OKW, usually U have to get early advantage, so there is smth seriously fcked up in your early game, either cap order, build order, timing, micro, or everything above. The one and only time in even game, opponent will field earlier medium tank is vs brits (cromwell), but u should have your p4 ready in less then 1 minute after.

Pumas are decent, but they wont hold vs good tank play + indirect fire, infrantry support. If ya want some training in OKW early game, pm me in steam.
3 Aug 2017, 14:00 PM

Mechanized HQ is only good if you managed to surprise the enemy and end the game in 15 mins or use it in ultra-late game to get Stuka/KT busting through turtle UK/Soviet, Flak HQ units just scale better
- Obers is good for defending cut-off and protecting MG-34
- P4 is always good, batshit OP when vetted
- Ditto with Jpz IV
- Panther is good vs Lend-Lease Sherman horde and Comet
10 Aug 2017, 14:18 PM

At least in 1vs1.

And I don't mean no incentive to build it second and skip the Mechanized Regiment HQ (no one worth a damn will let you build it second and survive). I mean no incentive to build it at all.

Pumas seem capable of taking out any tanks enemies field, and spamming them is just so easy, especially with the on-demand smoke they have to survive anything.

Meanwhile, building the Schwerer Panzer HQ itself consumes a crapton of fuel, and you then need to gather another crapton of fuel to build a Panther or even a Panzer IV (the latter doesn't seem to make any sense given the availability of Pumas).

So it essentially comes down to either Puma spam or losing. There just doesn't seem to ever be a proper time to build the Schwerer HQ when you could just build another Puma.

That seem lame to anyone else?

dude why would you even spam pumas? wtf. like get one armored tank up or an at gun anything who is anti-tank and it's countered... i really don't get you LUL. either it's you not knowing how to counter tanks or... idk even.
11 Aug 2017, 22:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In 3v3, (I actually do this) Puma spam is actually quite powerful. Puma's range and AP is quite good for the cost. Its great when properly combo'ed with something such as Elite Armor. Elite Armor allows access some great options.

2cp Singal Relay. Pop this to see enemy vehicles (mini-map) and hunt them down such as an USF Ambulance a or a Katy. Destroying your opponents first tank quickly is also important.

4cp Emergency repairs. Good to quickly repair mine crits if you 'found' one.

7cp Heat rounds. Allows Pumas to hit harder

8cp Panzer Commander. (not applicable to puma.)

11cp Sturm Tiger. A good alternative to 'fight' infantry and great for ambushes. Additionally allows an heavy asset without T3, granted with FBP it will cost more without T3.

(This strat is heavy in munitions so a sturmpioneer build maybe needed over Volks. This strat could be applied to any heavier call-in)

Puma do have smoke to escape out of AT gun range but have more trouble with infantry AT the most because they are mobile. Puma anti infantry is OK but not the greatest.

Also, a bug/feature (not sure which) OKW's Puma Aimed shot will still stun turretless vehicles (Assault Guns) such as SU-85 and Priests while others have the turret lock.

11 Aug 2017, 22:16 PM

I never seem to have any problems with going schwerer, even if the enemy is ahead. Usually they will only have like one tank, and that can be pretty easily held off by a couple raks (or even just one) and the threat of fausts if they try to flank. If they have more than like 2 tanks before you get one, then that's probably a separate issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★