Login

russian armor

Wehr Panther: Still forgotten

24 Jul 2017, 20:42 PM

Might aswell start a thread.

That unit isn't in the patch scope.

Why would I ever consider going for that unit while the Sturmgeschütz is doing the job better (and tbh is the only thing keeping Wehr in the game)?

Why is Wehrmacht - which is supposed to have an "additional tier" - stuck with a Panther that comes later than the OKW counterpart, yet is weaker (worse MGs, reload time, accuracy on the move, less vet)?

This unit needs something. It fulfills a role that isn't needed and can't fight anything effectively. It's also not going to be any more usfeul if every now and then an ISU or IS-2 hits the field. It still has a horrible rate of fire.

Do something about it. People are talking about the Wehr Panther for a year now.
24 Jul 2017, 20:59 PM

Might aswell start a thread.

That unit isn't in the patch scope.

Why would I ever consider going for that unit while the Sturmgeschütz is doing the job better (and tbh is the only thing keeping Wehr in the game)?

Why is Wehrmacht - which is supposed to have an "additional tier" - stuck with a Panther that comes later than the OKW counterpart, yet is weaker (worse MGs, reload time, accuracy on the move, less vet)?

This unit needs something. It fulfills a role that isn't needed and can't fight anything effectively. It's also not going to be any more usfeul if every now and then an ISU or IS-2 hits the field. It still has a horrible rate of fire.

Do something about it. People are talking about the Wehr Panther for a year now.

Well, I mean, people have been talking about Grenadiers being underpowered for a long time, as well as Wehrmacht not being on par with repairs compared to any other Army since they're the only ones that can't repair with anything else but Pioneers.

And my favorite, the lack of a forward retreat point which is a less popular opinion due to the fact that many competitive 1v1 players reside on these forums and play on smaller maps where FRPs are less crucial and more "abusive" than on bigger maps. But if you ask me it's a risk and reward thing where if your FRP is too up front you might get cut off and surrounded and therefore have all of your infantry annihilated as well as being able to push out more effectively and early if you choose a good spot but that's just my unpopular opinion from my own personal experience.
24 Jul 2017, 21:01 PM

Unfortunately that appears to be a sure sign nothing will be done about it. The changes that are made seem to manifest themselves in the 11th hour.

I tell you it seems the decision making for what does or doesn't get addressed has more to do with politics than game development.
24 Jul 2017, 21:58 PM

Imo the problem is partially the Panther and Partially the cost efficiency of allied TDs at range above 50.

At this point making Tiger stock unit and Panther doctrinal seems a reasonable solution...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS