Login

russian armor

Panzerfaust bug v2

19 Jul 2017, 07:20 AM
Senior Editor Badge

So, I was testing out a new map I made today, playing against a few AI.

I garrisoned one RE squad and noticed an AI controlled Volksgrenadier squad approaching; I expected them to throw an inc grenade, but instead, one of the models took out a panzerfaust and fired it! o_O

It actually did go off towards the building in a straight line and when reaching it took a turn and vanished in the background at what appeared to be an arc, not hitting anything.

There was no vehicle near anywhere.

I do have the replay, but given that this is on selfmade map, it would be kind of pointless to upload, so...

19 Jul 2017, 18:18 PM
Patrion 14

so the projectile disappearing bug? or shooting faust as bldg bug?

the latter has always been possible if i am not mistaken.
20 Jul 2017, 02:37 AM

I have seen an MG crew panzerfaust my AEC before... It was a recrewed MG42 with grenadiers. I can only assume it was a leftover 'faust command from before they were a team weapon. i have the replay of that somewhere too.
20 Jul 2017, 07:19 AM

Also merged conscripts fire AT nades even if they are in other squad (eg merged to guards).

This only happens in AI games like Theatres
20 Jul 2017, 10:09 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2017, 18:18 PMpigsoup
so the projectile disappearing bug? or shooting faust as bldg bug?

the latter has always been possible if i am not mistaken.

Actually, it's weird and probably at least unintended behavior on three levels:

• First, that Panzerfaust targeted the garrison. I was not aware that this was possible. Does it do anything? Might not qualify as bug, but it's likely not intended...
  • Then, the Panzerfaust missing the target; in all suggestions that I read so far on how to reproduce the bug, some sort of movement of the target was involved. Here, everything was static.
  • Why did the AI decide to fire a Panzerfaust in the first place (which probably wouldn't have done anything anyways), instead of throwing a grenade?

Of course, a unreproducible, hear-say bugreport is kind of pointless, but I thought it was weird enough to post anyways...
20 Jul 2017, 18:23 PM
Patrion 14

damn my english is horrible in that post.

But anyway, yea you can faust bldgs and bunkers with faust. Does very little damage and i really only see ai do it. Ive done it once when a fighting position had 5%hp left and i had to fall back.
20 Jul 2017, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2017, 18:23 PMpigsoup
damn my english is horrible in that post.

But anyway, yea you can faust bldgs and bunkers with faust. Does very little damage and i really only see ai do it. Ive done it once when a fighting position had 5%hp left and i had to fall back.

Faust can be useful against caches, though. It is often good idea to speed up cache destruction with faust, especially if the cache is on the cutoff just in front of enemy base and you suspect the blob is coming to push your troops off it before the kill.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★