Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 needs Punishment for leaver players

nee
10 Jul 2017, 06:29 AM

1-Who wants to play a game where you might get banned just for trying to leave a game? >> Good question
now there is the answer : Tough players who doesn't like a team mate leaves.
And how many of these people compared to those that are not? That is a particularly relevant question since it determines how many people will buy and play the game at all. Like it or not, if the answer is ridiculous like ten thousand as opposed to a million, then it's not worth it for Relic to have that system.

2-There is no way to find out if someone "doesn't" come back. Sometimes my game drops at start, or in the middle. You're telling everyone that I must be categorized the same as a rage quitter? >> why cant you understand this simple thing ? no you are not gonna get punished if you join back to the game and if you get disconnected because of your connection ( i mean its not your fault) you can come back to the game by an other option called "RECONNECT TO GAME". its third time i'm explaining you this.

So this system relies entirely on Relic doing more work? lol that's pretty wishful thinking.

>> number of coh2 players will increase with this solution you know why ? because as i said most of people enjoy of playing a game without any leavers.
Pretty bold assertion without any research done whatsoever.

>> we can Distinguish leaver (rage-quitter) from the one who gets disconnected because of connection problems by which RECONNECTING system. it just became 4th time i'm explaining this.
And if I got dropped and said fuck it I'll just go take a shower, am I as much a leaver as that sore loser you played with? No, and the game cannot cannot possibly discern that.

you just pointed a good point " going toxic and being AFK" to prevent this happening a heavy punishment is required. for example you save game reply and send it to relic then team killer player is going to get CD-Key banned.
and about AFK guy there should be an option which kicks player if he doesn't move for 1 minute and replace it with expert CPU with more resources ( why more resources ? because of Compensation of AFK time)
Unfortunately what you have to say about this has nothing to do with your proposed system.
And what about being a dumbass noob that causes my win streak to fail? Should they get punished as well? Or are we differentiating from random automatches to unranked custom compstomps?
Getting more complicated now, isn't it? That system of yours is going to have to be even more complex.

7-And what about team games where one guy refuses to surrender when everyone else wants to? Should all three players risk being banned via leaving because one guy was AFK or otherwise didn't vote at all? Because your punishment system demands that. >> yes leaver shall get punished. thats not that toughs guy problem if he doesn't want to surrender. that's the leavers problem.

So all three peolpe who don't want to play on will get banned, because the one guy that's "tough" won't even though he's forcing the other three to that action?
System fails.

You're not tough because you don't leave the game.

As for disconnections, I never get disconnected from Starcraft or BF4. As far as I am concerned, Relic's handling of their game servers or however it's done is comparatively shoddy and is the main culprit of game drops in my experience.

I sure as shit won't want to be held liable for a "crime" that I'm not even responsible for. Shit game is shit game, you don't make a system that punishes the PLAYERS for suffering it.
10 Jul 2017, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 06:29 AMnee
And how many of these people compared to those that are not? That is a particularly relevant question since it determines how many people will buy and play the game at all. Like it or not, if the answer is ridiculous like ten thousand as opposed to a million, then it's not worth it for Relic to have that system.

So this system relies entirely on Relic doing more work? lol that's pretty wishful thinking.

And if I got dropped and said fuck it I'll just go take a shower, am I as much a leaver as that sore loser you played with? No, and the game cannot cannot possibly discern that.

Unfortunately what you have to say about this has nothing to do with your proposed system.
And what about being a dumbass noob that causes my win streak to fail? Should they get punished as well? Or are we differentiating from random automatches to unranked custom compstomps?
Getting more complicated now, isn't it? That system of yours is going to have to be even more complex.

So all three peolpe who don't want to play on will get banned, because the one guy that's "tough" won't even though he's forcing the other three to that action?
System fails.

As for disconnections, I never get disconnected from Starcraft or BF4. As far as I am concerned, Relic's handling of their game servers or however it's done is comparatively shoddy and is the main culprit of game drops in my experience.

I sure as shit won't want to be held liable for a "crime" that I'm not even responsible for. Shit game is shit game, you don't make a system that punishes the PLAYERS for suffering it.

1-And how many of these people compared to those that are not? That is a particularly relevant question since it determines how many people will buy and play the game at all. Like it or not, if the answer is ridiculous like ten thousand as opposed to a million, then it's not worth it for Relic to have that system.
>>First of all : more people will come and play this game with system because they are sure that fool team mate isn't gonna leave and keep playing.
Second: you want to play a great game with nice and cool people or play a Ridiculous game with millions of fool people ?! i personally prefer to play a game with 10 cool persons till playing it with 10 milion idiots.

2-So this system relies entirely on Relic doing more work? lol that's pretty wishful thinking.
>> Why ? Relic just created a cool game that requires boarding effort which is pretty hard work and why relic shouldn't be able to do the easy part ?!

3-Pretty bold assertion without any research done whatsoever. >> Well i should say if this situation continue number of coh2 players will increase. don't you think a cool player will hate the game if he sees his team mates are continuously leaving the game ?! so with this option there wont be more unreasonable leaving therefore no more hating of the game. and more people by hearing it are gonna buy the game.

4-And if I got dropped and said fuck it I'll just go take a shower, am I as much a leaver as that sore loser you played with? No, and the game cannot cannot possibly discern that. >> LOL ?! taking a shower after you got disconnected while you can join back to a competitive match ?
of course you will deserve to get punished and get banned. its obvious and doesn't need that question.
by doing this you are gonna waste your team mates time and possible make them lose that game.

5-Unfortunately what you have to say about this has nothing to do with your proposed system. >> why ?
it can easily be done.
dumbass noob that causes my win streak to fail >> well its a game and dumbass noob players can be everywhere as they might be in your enemy team. so you gotta deal with it. btw i don't think you match make with noob players. because if you are good player you will have good team mates as same as your level because relic ranking system works like that.
Or are we differentiating from random automatches to unranked custom compstomps >> we are talking about ranked games here not about unranked games so punishment system is not necessary in unranked matches.

That system of yours is going to have to be even more complex >> complex ? i don't think so and i have no idea why its complex for you ?!

6-So all three peolpe who don't want to play on will get banned, because the one guy that's "tough" won't even though he's forcing the other three to that action?
System fails. >> a player who chooses to play a competitive match shall stand till end of it otherwise i don't call him a real competitor and yeah he must play till its end.
if you are having problem with this why don't you go and play 1v1 ? or unranked 2v2 , 3v3 , 4v4 ?

You're not tough because you don't leave the game. >> The obvious contradiction in your sentence (do you think before writing something ?)

I sure as shit won't want to be held liable for a "crime" that I'm not even responsible for. Shit game is shit game, you don't make a system that punishes the PLAYERS for suffering it. >> you are reposible since you left the game so stay liable for . so deal with a competitive game and these responsibilities or just leave competitive gaming.

you don't make a system that punishes the PLAYERS for suffering it >>

a play who leaves should get punish and suffered. doesn't he suffers his team mates ?

10 Jul 2017, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 06:29 AMnee

System fails.

1-And how many of these people compared to those that are not? That is a particularly relevant question since it determines how many people will buy and play the game at all. Like it or not, if the answer is ridiculous like ten thousand as opposed to a million, then it's not worth it for Relic to have that system.
>>First of all : more people will come and play this game with system because they are sure that fool team mate isn't gonna leave and keep playing.
Second: you want to play a great game with nice and cool people or play a Ridiculous game with millions of fool people ?! i personally prefer to play a game with 10 cool persons till playing it with 10 milion idiots.

2-So this system relies entirely on Relic doing more work? lol that's pretty wishful thinking.
>> Why ? Relic just created a cool game that requires boarding effort which is pretty hard work and why relic shouldn't be able to do the easy part ?!

3-Pretty bold assertion without any research done whatsoever. >> Well i should say if this situation continue number of coh2 players will increase. don't you think a cool player will hate the game if he sees his team mates are continuously leaving the game ?! so with this option there wont be more unreasonable leaving therefore no more hating of the game. and more people by hearing it are gonna buy the game.

4-And if I got dropped and said fuck it I'll just go take a shower, am I as much a leaver as that sore loser you played with? No, and the game cannot cannot possibly discern that. >> LOL ?! taking a shower after you got disconnected while you can join back to a competitive match ?
of course you will deserve to get punished and get banned. its obvious and doesn't need that question.
by doing this you are gonna waste your team mates time and possible make them lose that game.

5-Unfortunately what you have to say about this has nothing to do with your proposed system. >> why ?
it can easily be done.
dumbass noob that causes my win streak to fail >> well its a game and dumbass noob players can be everywhere as they might be in your enemy team. so you gotta deal with it. btw i don't think you match make with noob players. because if you are good player you will have good team mates as same as your level because relic ranking system works like that.
Or are we differentiating from random automatches to unranked custom compstomps >> we are talking about ranked games here not about unranked games so punishment system is not necessary in unranked matches.

That system of yours is going to have to be even more complex >> complex ? i don't think so and i have no idea why its complex for you ?!

6-So all three peolpe who don't want to play on will get banned, because the one guy that's "tough" won't even though he's forcing the other three to that action?
System fails. >> a player who chooses to play a competitive match shall stand till end of it otherwise i don't call him a real competitor and yeah he must play till its end.
if you are having problem with this why don't you go and play 1v1 ? or unranked 2v2 , 3v3 , 4v4 ?

You're not tough because you don't leave the game. >> The obvious contradiction in your sentence (do you think before writing something ?)

I sure as shit won't want to be held liable for a "crime" that I'm not even responsible for. Shit game is shit game, you don't make a system that punishes the PLAYERS for suffering it. >> you are reposible since you left the game so stay liable for . so deal with a competitive game and these responsibilities or just leave competitive gaming.

you don't make a system that punishes the PLAYERS for suffering it >>

a play who leaves should get punish and suffered. doesn't he suffers his team mates ?

10 Jul 2017, 09:50 AM

The game isn't enough supported to promote disconnection penalties.
In CS:Go, you can voteban a player AFK and the community is reactive to permaban bad players.
If you add a disconnection penalty to COH, players will stay on the game AFK or start to ruin your game, sending his army to feed your opponents or attacking your base etc... And there is no support or tools to deal with that. You can send the replay to Relic but they are unlikely to permaban them.

And since you can't voteban an AFK player, you are just going to end up eating your own medicine = You'll be the one disconnecting and getting the penalty.

You have to accept the risk to play with random, if you can't that's fine, find a mate and play with him. It is usually easy, you just need to play well on random teamgame and people send you invite to continue to play with you.
10 Jul 2017, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 09:50 AMEsxile
The game isn't enough supported to promote disconnection penalties.
In CS:Go, you can voteban a player AFK and the community is reactive to permaban bad players.
If you add a disconnection penalty to COH, players will stay on the game AFK or start to ruin your game, sending his army to feed your opponents or attacking your base etc... And there is no support or tools to deal with that. You can send the replay to Relic but they are unlikely to permaban them.

And since you can't voteban an AFK player, you are just going to end up eating your own medicine = You'll be the one disconnecting and getting the penalty.

You have to accept the risk to play with random, if you can't that's fine, find a mate and play with him. It is usually easy, you just need to play well on random teamgame and people send you invite to continue to play with you.

so best thing is to ban the AFK player by his own team mates.

Friendly team play's rank system is separate from random team play.
no one should be able to leave the game without any reason whether he is a friend or random.

and good job you pointed the good point friends who team up together shall not be able to face randoms just like company of heroes 1 where you couldn't invite your friends to a competitive match.
This unfair process needs to be rectified.its un fair when a powerful team of 4 who are in Teamspeak play against 4 random guys who doesn't have a cool team as well as them.
10 Jul 2017, 12:47 PM
10 Jul 2017, 13:47 PM

Friendly team play's rank system is separate from random team play.
no one should be able to leave the game without any reason whether he is a friend or random.

and good job you pointed the good point friends who team up together shall not be able to face randoms just like company of heroes 1 where you couldn't invite your friends to a competitive match.
This unfair process needs to be rectified.its un fair when a powerful team of 4 who are in Teamspeak play against 4 random guys who doesn't have a cool team as well as them.

The community isn't enough big for that. I'm top100/150 with USF on 2vs2 random, I would most likely never meet any players if I couldn't match team mates.
nee
11 Jul 2017, 05:02 AM

Repeating your claim isn't proving it.
I want to play a great game and not be punished when I don't want to play with idiots. My desire to play the game does not demand that I keep "idiots" out of it, because being an idiot is not a bannable offense, and I can always avoid them by LEAVING. Leaving therefore isn't always a problem, but also a solution to dealing with fools.

Relic just created a cool game that requires boarding effort which is pretty hard work and why relic shouldn't be able to do the easy part ?!
Ignoring the poor English, it is not a matter of them being unable to; it's a matter of them being unwilling.
If you think they "just created a cool game", then I'm baffled to think you're calling it Company of Heroes 2 given it was released four years ago.

You shouldn't be saying this since it is still an assertion backed up with zero evidence of any sort.
A "cool" player won't hate the game if teammates are continuously leaving; he'll hate the leavers and still play the game. If that wasn't true then I'm one of the coolest players out there....despite also being a leaver myself.

taking a shower after you got disconnected while you can join back to a competitive match ?
In this scenario I had no intention to waste anyone's time, but I had given up on the game and preferred to do something else. You are frankly confusing any reason to not rejoin a match (on the presumption that such option actually exists, since you know, it has to be designed into the game first, good luck getting THAT to work), with deliberately leaving.

it can easily be done.
Let's see you make this work then.

well its a game and dumbass noob players can be everywhere as they might be in your enemy team. so you gotta deal with it.

And this is a game and you're all worked up on people leaving. Deal with it like literally everyone else?

complex ? i don't think so and i have no idea why its complex for you ?!
Because you ahve to design a system where the game has to somehow decide someone is being a leaver. But I suppose it's not complex for you since you want the brush to be as broad as possible.

a player who chooses to play a competitive match shall stand till end of it
otherwise i don't call him a real competitor and yeah he must play till its end.
If at least over 50% of the competitive player base agrees with this then your idea has some relevance. otherwise it is just your own opinion, and we do not need a system that bans people based merely on someone's opinion.

The obvious contradiction in your sentence (do you think before writing something ?)
Yes I do, think before writing, and I can only presume you don't think when you read.

I don't agree that players should be punished for leaving a match they are no longer committed to investing time in. If you want that commitment, join tournaments and prove yourself as a "tough play".

Which is worse because a player can be banned by the whims of teammates. It also contradicts your statements that leavers should be punished, because said player is neither a leaver (because he never left the match), and the decision to NOT ban them is made possible (because he suffers his teammates and should be banned even if teammates don't want to).

What's not fair is that your system is entirely automated; at least in CS:GO, the way Esxile portrays it, players are banned by the community, not the game. There's a reason why they use the human factor for banning people.
12 Jul 2017, 14:51 PM

Permanently Banned
And some cheaters making you disconnect or freeze for 10~15 seconds?

I take one game and the guy just troll me with that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★