Login

russian armor

DevM vs. VonIvan reffing and player decision re: bugsplat

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
12 Jun 2017, 18:10 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Wait how can people say von benefited from devm's crash? Devm got to pick the map and faction for next game lol.

Ehm von lost game 4 obviously, which ment he was out of the tournament. Now he got a second chance, just bcs devm bugsplatted.
12 Jun 2017, 18:12 PM

Pls either stop talking shit, or answer my question :rolleyes:

of course sir, didn't want to offend you.
On the other hand, feel free to say i am "SHIT TALKING".

There are 8 screenshot of AE being disrespectefull to VONIVAN :

http://i.imgur.com/iMXuLke.png
http://i.imgur.com/A7ekguw.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q3Y7g6Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/YP1DslM.png
http://i.imgur.com/1JcHowf.png
http://i.imgur.com/qhopPMN.png
http://i.imgur.com/ztFMoPt.png
http://i.imgur.com/mW9vFsO.png

the worst is when vonivan is told to "SHUT THE FUCK UP"

but you can also notice the way all the decision was made entirely between DEVM & AE, even suggesting to DEVM multiple times that he could cancel the next match and easily claim the victory.

i counted how many sentence are from VONIVAN, DEVM and AE in these screenshot :

VONIVAN : 9%
AE : 66%
DEVM :25%

(excluding you from the count to make it easier).

For every 3 sentence made by DEVM, Vonivan had literally the opportunity to make one.

Seems unfair to me, but whatever ...
12 Jun 2017, 18:19 PM
Senior Referee Badge

of course sir, didn't want to offend you.
On the other hand, feel free to say i am "SHIT TALKING".

There are 8 screenshot of AE being disrespectefull to VONIVAN :

http://i.imgur.com/iMXuLke.png
http://i.imgur.com/A7ekguw.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q3Y7g6Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/YP1DslM.png
http://i.imgur.com/1JcHowf.png
http://i.imgur.com/qhopPMN.png
http://i.imgur.com/ztFMoPt.png
http://i.imgur.com/mW9vFsO.png

the worst is when vonivan is told to "SHUT THE FUCK UP"

but you can also notice the way all the decision was made entirely between DEVM & AE, even suggesting to DEVM multiple times that he could cancel the next match and easily claim the victory.

i counted how many sentence are from VONIVAN, DEVM and AE in these screenshot :

VONIVAN : 9%
AE : 66%
DEVM :25%

(excluding you from the count to make it easier).

For every 3 sentence made by DEVM, Vonivan had literally the opportunity to make one.

Seems unfair to me, but whatever ...

1. I didn't say "SHIT TALKING", i said "shit talking".
2. I have seen the screen shot, i was in the chat myself, i asked for the things you found so offensive
3. The "shut the fuck up" was to everybody, not only to vonivan. I noticed that and so did devm. AE was allowed to say that if he quickly wants to get EVERYONE silent. You should know all the things some players say to me during tournaments, i never cry about that as well. Like you never said "shut the fuck up" to get somebody silent lol
4. AND THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ONE: VonIvan wasn't reactin much during the WHOLE CONVERSATION. Not only at that moment, you can also SEE that in the SCREEN SHOTS. VonIvan was really silent from THE BEGINNING. Just to make that clear, i'm not blaiming you vonivan but it's true ;)
So this is a total bull shit argument as well, see the shit talking i ment?

Nothing unfair here, please come with real arguments and really answer my questions or as i said before don't post dude...
12 Jun 2017, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 17:21 PMTasinia

That's the thing. The game is so heavily reliant on RNG that at one point you could have said DevM was out of the game but due to off map he came back. The exact same thing could have happened to DevM. These are What if scenarios and shouldn't be considered. DevM bug splatted and didn't take a screenshot. While a long shot it's still a possibility and therefore VPs should only be considered here.

I totally agree, the part of not having a screenshot of the bug splat is really understated imo. I don't suspect DevM to have faked one (which would be stupid at the point of the game), but rules state you have to take a screenshot of that as proof. Since he couldnt deliver, this should have counted as a regular win for VonIvan. However, mistakes were made and we can get over it. No need to get offending, something that many people on this forum don't seem to have internalised...
12 Jun 2017, 18:30 PM

1. I didn't say "SHIT TALKING", i said "shit talking".
2. I have seen the screen shot, i was in the chat myself, i asked for the things you found so offensive
3. The "shut the fuck up" was to everybody, not only to vonivan. I noticed that and so did devm. AE was allowed to say that if he quickly wants to get EVERYONE silent. You should know all the things some players say to me during tournaments, i never cry about that as well. Like you never said "shut the fuck up" to get somebody silent lol
4. AND THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ONE: VonIvan wasn't reactin much during the WHOLE CONVERSATION. Not only at that moment, you can also SEE that in the SCREEN SHOTS. VonIvan was really silent from THE BEGINNING. Just to make that clear, i'm not blaiming you vonivan but it's true ;)

Nothing unfair here, please come with real arguments and really answer my questions or as i said before don't post dude...

I was silent because of the way things were being handled, rules were overlooked and overturned, I wanted to say more and was waiting for everyone to give their side of the story but before I could argue or challenge anything I was shutdown and made to agree with the circumstances shown in chat.

Technically speaking, I should of had one choice of faction or map....
12 Jun 2017, 18:44 PM

epic habbenings

12 Jun 2017, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 18:30 PMVonIvan

I was silent because of the way things were being handled, rules were overlooked and overturned, I wanted to say more and was waiting for everyone to give their side of the story but before I could argue or challenge anything I was shutdown and made to agree with the circumstances shown in chat.

you don't get the opportunity to speak and after that get blamed for not speaking enough...

but yeah, these guys know better than you the way it happened.
proof is, they are doing it again right now with me and the other people respectfully disagreeing.

want proof of how you insult me 10 min ago ?

as i said before don't post dude...

from AE himself, one hour ago:

fuck you, I'm going to have a great time,

guess if i feel offended that's my fault and i deserved it, just like vonivan -_-
12 Jun 2017, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 15:09 PMDanielD
This thread has some pretty pathetic, childish stuff. The rules state the refs get to decide what happens if there's a crash. Von was going to lose that game. I'd be embarrassed not to take the loss if I was Von.

All you people freaking because you donated ten dollars and the player you like lost need to step back and ask yourself what the matter is that you're wasting energy on this.

AE I have mad respect for your attempts to be transparent and I'm sorry they're mostly wasted on this bunch.

Refs decided it was Von's game until A_E bummed through the door, told VonIvan to shut the fuck up and then bended everything so that DevM got a win and got a free win in the 'rematch' by getting faction selection AND map selection
12 Jun 2017, 19:38 PM

You got robbed hard bro and everyone knows it lol.
12 Jun 2017, 19:41 PM
Donator 33

If it's understood the ref has the power to resolve ambiguous situations then there shouldn't be any hard feelings. It's good this seems to be the case.

I think regardless of the game state, the lack of bugsplat proof means this situation can only be considered ambiguous. Moral hazard etc. At the same time, I think people would agree A_E made a reasonable call in a tough situation.

The only thing I had a problem with was how it was framed to viewers. If VonIvan had beaten the odds and managed to win the final game, it would have come across as a bittersweet victory. This is unfair to him as he was simply doing his best and had no role in the bugsplat issue. There needs to be a discussion ahead of time about how to frame these things (particularly talk of sportsmanship, honor...)

That aside though, this series was some of the best casting I have ever seen. You guys are doing an amazing job and I hope you will cast many more tournaments.
12 Jun 2017, 19:52 PM
Senior Referee Badge

you don't get the opportunity to speak and after that get blamed for not speaking enough...

but yeah, these guys know better than you the way it happened.
proof is, they are doing it again right now with me and the other people respectfully disagreeing.

want proof of how you insult me 10 min ago ?

from AE himself, one hour ago:

guess if i feel offended that's my fault and i deserved it, just like vonivan -_-

VonIvan did get the opportunity to speak wtf? He could have said any thing he wanted at any moment. It's just proper bs that he "didnt even had the time to say anything". You can always say something. Even saying "w8 guys" takes only one second. Setting up the game and consulting all togehter took at least 15 min. So don't say vonivan didn't had the time or the chance to say anything lol.

I didn't insult you, saying you are talking shit isn't insulting. And again, you STILL haven't answered my question. Are you avoiding it bcs you don't have an answer you like on it?

A_E is obviously a bit angry on you. What do you expect? Him doing all the hard work and puting hours in it and you not even playing coh2 but just coming back to "don't speak so nice on the coh2 community site" and saying he is wrong and everything while you don't know "any details at all" about it. Ofc a man would be angry. Don't be such a child dude lol :/

Still waiting for answer on my question :thumb:
12 Jun 2017, 19:55 PM
Senior Referee Badge

No, devm would have had faction pick, and the map would have been auto chosen if there would have been a normal g5 and g4 would have been a normal win for you. You wouldn't have gotten choice of faction or map, that's not true :/

Which rules were overlooked?
Pls you weren't shut down, you could have opened your mouth at any moment von cmon :(. It's just not true, you could have said anything for at least 10 min. Why are you saying you didn't get the chance? Did you really feel that intimidated by ae bcs he said shut up to all of us? I'm really trying to understand, bcs i just don't see how you can say that you didn't get the chance to say anything? :/
12 Jun 2017, 20:04 PM

No, devm would have had faction pick, and the map would have been auto chosen if there would have been a normal g5 and g4 would have been a normal win for you. You wouldn't have gotten choice of faction or map, that's not true :/

Which rules were overlooked?
Pls you weren't shut down, you could have opened your mouth at any moment von cmon :(. It's just not true, you could have said anything for at least 10 min. Why are you saying you didn't get the chance? Did you really feel that intimidated by ae bcs he said shut up to all of us? I'm really trying to understand, bcs i just don't see how you can say that you didn't get the chance to say anything? :/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxBXR-GuMG5YydI0uNyfOoZnuMD4zGohhUy7BgifQgs/edit#gid=1955210773

Ace game decider: VP leader chooses faction first on a map that has not been played
in set preference order of Faymonville, Kholodny, Crossroads, or Crossing as shown in map pool.

The VP leader is the player who had the most victory points reamining in the game(s) that they won.
The losing player's victory point scores are not taken into account in the games that they lost.
Ensure VP score of winner is written down after every game.

In the event of a bugsplat/ crash: if both players agree - either restart the game or nominate a winner for that game of the match. If no agreement please save the replay and consult the referees.

Please restart CoH2 before any tournament game activity, and close external programmes before playing, to avoid crashes.

Notice something in the rules?

I was waiting for everyone to speak first, as I was discussing my opinion I was shutdown, as I repeat.
A_E
12 Jun 2017, 20:11 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 20:04 PMVonIvan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxBXR-GuMG5YydI0uNyfOoZnuMD4zGohhUy7BgifQgs/edit#gid=1955210773

I was waiting for everyone to speak first, as I was discussing my opinion I was shutdown, as I repeat.

You were not shut down you just chose to see it that way. I told everyone to shut the Fuck up, wrongly, but everyone. You are now playing the part of Jesus. Very disappointed you chose to do this instead of just speaking up in that chat or to me. I hope the drama is worth it to you.
12 Jun 2017, 20:13 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 20:04 PMVonIvan

Devm had vp lead or am i missing something? Means he had factio pick and as always map for g5 gets auto pick. How were you shut down? Ae told devm to shut up as wel and after that he posted as well? Imo the shut down part is not really true, but maybe thats my interpetation...
And unless im missing the fact that u had vp lead i dont see ur point as well on the first part.
The whole community loves u von, i do 2. But i really, really dont get what u are trying to prove? :(
12 Jun 2017, 20:15 PM

No one held a gun to Von's head and made him accept the invite to g5. If he truly had an issue with the ruling he should have stood his ground, and he didn't.

You also can't be robbed of something you didn't have, and unless that PIV was driven by mecha-rommel and not Von, that game was donezo.

I know it was a big tournament and I'm sure everyone involved wanted to win really bad, but arguing over this technicality when you were getting your ass whooped is pretty sad.

Tbh von should have just asked for rematch from the beginning since that would have been the gentlemanly thing to do, if he wasn't willing to admit defeat.

Edit: I just want to acknowledge I'm an idiot for participating in this discussion.
12 Jun 2017, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 20:11 PMA_E

You were not shut down you just chose to see it that way. I told everyone to shut the Fuck up, wrongly, but everyone. You are now playing the part of Jesus. Very disappointed you chose to do this instead of just speaking up in that chat or to me. I hope the drama is worth it to you.

I didn't choose to do this originally, in fact I was going to talk about this privately. But after seeing the log being edited, and the post made, I felt that was very misleading. Like I said, I don't enjoy stupid drama for a tournament I love being a part of, however the way the whole situation went down, and how it was handled afterwards, is just plain wrong in my honest opinion. Be in my shoes for a minute and see if you would interpret it differently? I sure didn't when I was talking and then silenced.
12 Jun 2017, 20:30 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 20:19 PMVonIvan

I didn't choose to do this originally, in fact I was going to talk about this privately. But after seeing the log being edited, and the post made, I felt that was very misleading. Like I said, I don't enjoy stupid drama for a tournament I love being a part of, however the way the whole situation went down, and how it was handled afterwards, is just plain wrong in my honest opinion. Be in my shoes for a minute and see if you would interpret it differently? I sure didn't when I was talking and then silenced.

I understand u might have felt silenced even though imo it was clear that it wasnt aimed at you. But you agreed to the terms. It says clear in the chat. You also got to say your opinion, i even asked for it two times bcs u were so silent but u either didnt react or said "im speecheless". And then u said something with karma rng gods, can i take that serious at that moment? :/

I understand you might have felt a bit meh, but shut down? No, i even asked you to talk but you didnt man :(

With how the situation was handled after wards you mean ae leaving some stuff out in chat. I dont see any misleading things though? Yes leaving things out is never good, but it didnt mislead anyone... AE always has been honest while organising and did everything public. The only thing he did was leaving a few messages out which werent important for the red line of the story. And now he is trying to mislead people?
For real :/

I suggest we leave the discussion. Im sorry if you felt intimidated or negatively judged in the decision that was made. I hope there will be no grudge in future tourneys and you still deserve your waffles ;)

To all the haters (10 people): try organising somethint big yourself and then come back to me.

Cya guys at the finals :D
12 Jun 2017, 20:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I am making it easy on all of you.

This thread is now suspended until midnight BST and can recommence on Wednesday, 13 June, so you can all cool your heels.

If anybody tries to be smart and starts a parallel thread here, or in the Shout Box, it will be closed and there will be consequences for the initiator. I am sure that nobody would be thinking of being such a prat, but it can happen.

In the meantime, if you feel strongly, you can PM the person with whom you disagree.

Edited
12 Jun 2017, 20:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

You cannot lock ma postezes.

Love,
Budwise

PS - good decision
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #