Login

russian armor

Game crashes

8 Jun 2017, 16:35 PM

Hey guys, just a quick question? Do you also have massive problems with crashes like "failed to create dump file" or bugsplats in general? My mate and I worked up to rank 200 in 2v2 at today with a streak of +5, before going down 116 (!!!) ranks because of two crashes in a row. And it has nothing to do with our pcs being too bad, I guess it's just bad programming...
8 Jun 2017, 21:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hey guys, just a quick question? Do you also have massive problems with crashes like "failed to create dump file" or bugsplats in general? My mate and I worked up to rank 200 in 2v2 at today with a streak of +5, before going down 116 (!!!) ranks because of two crashes in a row. And it has nothing to do with our pcs being too bad, I guess it's just bad programming...

Ever since the last patch yes. The error for me is usually error 183 failed to create dump or something of the sort.
9 Jun 2017, 10:34 AM

Ever since the last patch yes. The error for me is usually error 183 failed to create dump or something of the sort.

It seems to have increased, that's true (it might be selective perception though). Especially the "failed to create dumpfile" happens quite often now, and also the classic bugsplat appears from time to time. I just don't know how to maintain a higher rank when the game crashes in at least 1 out of 10 games and you get a loss because of that even though you didn't even start the game...
9 Jun 2017, 10:44 AM

Restart your game after every 2-3 matches will solve most crashes AFAIK
9 Jun 2017, 11:43 AM

I remember you ;) from yesterday. No crash for me. Even if i don't restart my game. So it's a weird issue.

Never see that particular crash error 183.
9 Jun 2017, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 11:43 AMJadek
I remember you ;) from yesterday. No crash for me. Even if i don't restart my game. So it's a weird issue.

Never see that particular crash error 183.

Yea, we lost one game against you, because my mate dropped, right? Well, that's the point, those errors and crashes are extremely random and unpredictable, and it cannot be connected to bad hardware, since our pcs are not bad and when I played on an inferior laptop, I didn't have as many problems.
9 Jun 2017, 14:21 PM
Donator 11

Yea, we lost one game against you, because my mate dropped, right? Well, that's the point, those errors and crashes are extremely random and unpredictable, and it cannot be connected to bad hardware, since our pcs are not bad and when I played on an inferior laptop, I didn't have as many problems.

It doesn't have to be bad. There are multiple things that can cause crashes: incompatibile or faulty hardware, drivers and their version, the type and version of OS you use, the settings you use, interfering programs (viruses for example) and so on. It has nothing to do with your processor being faster or slower.
10 Jun 2017, 09:40 AM

It doesn't have to be bad. There are multiple things that can cause crashes: incompatibile or faulty hardware, drivers and their version, the type and version of OS you use, the settings you use, interfering programs (viruses for example) and so on. It has nothing to do with your processor being faster or slower.

Yes, I understand, yet we have completely different PCs and specs and still see a lot of crashes (not only for us, our enemies also regularly have crashes). So it seems the game is pretty succeptible to crashes and doesn't seem to be compatible with too many programmes, OS, etc.
10 Jun 2017, 10:33 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2017, 09:40 AMGarrett

Yes, I understand, yet we have completely different PCs and specs and still see a lot of crashes (not only for us, our enemies also regularly have crashes). So it seems the game is pretty succeptible to crashes and doesn't seem to be compatible with too many programmes, OS, etc.

Well, yes, the engine code is buggy and nobody says otherwise. Just thought this thread was about helping you to solve the problem on your machine, not about stating the obvious. Especially as I can assure you that relic won't touch the code of the engine, no matter what.
10 Jun 2017, 15:24 PM
11 Jun 2017, 10:18 AM

Well, yes, the engine code is buggy and nobody says otherwise. Just thought this thread was about helping you to solve the problem on your machine, not about stating the obvious. Especially as I can assure you that relic won't touch the code of the engine, no matter what.

Yes, I agree. Well, mainly I wanted to know whether many player experience those bugs, especially the fairly young (or so it seems) "failed to create dump file" crash. But, I guess, there is nothing to be done?

Had 5 bugsplats this last week. Feelsbadman

Ye, I know. This feeling of being powerless is just annoying, I guess Nr. 1 on each leaderboard is good old Mr. Bugsplat...
11 Jun 2017, 10:28 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2017, 10:18 AMGarrett

Yes, I agree. Well, mainly I wanted to know whether many player experience those bugs, especially the fairly young (or so it seems) "failed to create dump file" crash. But, I guess, there is nothing to be done?

Most problems I recently heard of are connected to either windows 10 istelf or its last big update. In this case, relic may try to do something to increase compatibility with microsoft youngest child but it's still relic so you never know if they are going to pump a fix in a week, month, or never.

If you want to check if that is the problem and you have some free disk space you can try installing windows 8 as a second system, installing coh2 there and checking if it works. Of course it doesn't make sense if you don't use windows 10 but as I said, most players who have problems with bugsplats nowadays do use win 10.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 14
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %