Login

russian armor

How does Merge work?

7 Jun 2017, 10:57 AM

Hello, I have seen several players using Rapid Conscription to replenish their Penals, so I have been wondering, how exactly does it work? How good are the merged models when they become Penals? Do they become as accurate as Penals? Do they have the same DPS and armor? Thank you for answering.
7 Jun 2017, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 10:57 AMmediev
Hello, I have seen several players using Rapid Conscription to replenish their Penals, so I have been wondering, how exactly does it work? How good are the merged models when they become Penals? Do they become as accurate as Penals? Do they have the same DPS and armor? Thank you for answering.

Their got svt-rifles and satchels. Merge don't work for sturmoviks, beacuse conscripts don't get body armor suits, they got only ppsh. In fact, it's better used Merge for team weapons (120mm Mortar costs 30 mp to new member, while 1 cons costs 20) and penals (30 (maybe 25)vs20). It's save MP for middle game and lategame. Another usefull approach with Rapid conscription, it's use new fresh cons to Merge with veterans cons. Then you can again (and faster) get your veterans on battlefield.
7 Jun 2017, 12:32 PM

They get the same weapons as the ones they merge with, but retain other stats of their class like armor (not sure about accuracy?)

As Maret mentioned this is a good ability to keep your team weapons in the field and if you're using rapid conscription, completely merging rookie squads into seasoned ones is a good way to avoid choking your pop cap.
7 Jun 2017, 13:42 PM
Strategist Badge

Hmmm, i wonder if someone more codey than me can answer: if you merge a no-vet con with a vet 3 Penal, do you get a vet 3 con in that penal squad?
7 Jun 2017, 14:01 PM

Hmmm, i wonder if someone more codey than me can answer: if you merge a no-vet con with a vet 3 Penal, do you get a vet 3 con in that penal squad?

No veterancy doesn't turn over with the merge. You get a model that has a veterancy value of the squad it merged with. As for armor, accuracy and whatnot stats, I don't know..
7 Jun 2017, 15:00 PM

They will have conscripts survability and poor accuraccy, at least that´s how I understood it from one of my talks with Mr.Smith.
7 Jun 2017, 15:40 PM
Strategist Badge

No veterancy doesn't turn over with the merge. You get a model that has a veterancy value of the squad it merged with. As for armor, accuracy and whatnot stats, I don't know..

Okay so vet doesn't carry over from a merge? That's why its only really worth it on team weapons and flamers etc? Good to know

They will have conscripts survability and poor accuraccy, at least that´s how I understood it from one of my talks with Mr.Smith.

Yeah I was mostly wondering about how veterancy worked with merge, guess merge isnt the wonder-ability after all :(
7 Jun 2017, 22:45 PM

Wow that makes it really bad for reinforcing anything but team weapons then huh?
8 Jun 2017, 06:57 AM

Wow that makes it really bad for reinforcing anything but team weapons then huh?

I don't think it makes it really bad, just not crazy OP.

By merging a new conscript squad with for example vet 3 guards, you are still able to keep that team in the fight without withdrawing them. Sure, they will not be as hardcore as if they had reinforced at base, but they still stay on the battlefield for longer with all their abilities and weapons and the conscripts in their squad has reinforced their survivability for only 20 mp/model.
8 Jun 2017, 12:53 PM

I don't think it makes it really bad, just not crazy OP.

By merging a new conscript squad with for example vet 3 guards, you are still able to keep that team in the fight without withdrawing them. Sure, they will not be as hardcore as if they had reinforced at base, but they still stay on the battlefield for longer with all their abilities and weapons and the conscripts in their squad has reinforced their survivability for only 20 mp/model.

Problem is that they will bleed you manpower in the long run, just like Cons do(unless you use Rapid Conscription, then you got yourself a perpetum mobile, lol), because Cons are just trash, especially later on. Early on, it might be helpful, if you can spare the micro. Later on however, especially OKW infantry just rapes Cons without any effort at all(especially now, when the Maxim takes like 10 sec to suppress Volks and gets raped by Obers from the front), so having your elite squads tainted by the smell of Conscripts is just not very helpful, because you will be under constant bleed.

I tend to leave the Cons out completely when going for Penals, they just seem redundant, and require fuel to be useful, which considering how sh*t they are, really isn´t worth it, unless you build 3 or more. It is far better to back-tech to Support Weapon if you want some backup plan, at least IMO. They are decent against Ost though, because Ost has decent counter to Penal spam, unlike OKW. You can flood the map early, steal garrisons, build some annoying sandbags and build up later on. And also, Soviets without Conscripts once in a while would be a bit shallow.

I think Loop is right, based on what I have heard so far. It is good for team weapons. On the other hand, if your team weapon gets attacked in a way that forces you to do this, it is usually better to retreat it anyway(unless you want to sabotage your opponents army by giving him a Maxim, heh), rather than leaving it on low health after, for instance, taking a mortar hit.
8 Jun 2017, 13:28 PM

how merge works with at partizants ? Its possible ?
8 Jun 2017, 15:03 PM

Accuracy and aim are tied to the weapon, so when a cons merge with another squad they gain their weapons.

Rec. acc and other stats are tied with the model(body) so they retain the cons stats. As for veterancy, they are tied to the squad so the models get the same bonus.

This can work on your favor or against it depending on the situation. Merging a vet 0 cons into a vet 3 guards can be a good use of manpower (because of the superior weapons and vet bonuses of the squad) but merging vet 3 cons into other squads may not be that good manpower wise.

how merge works with at partizants ? Its possible ?

you can't merge partysans and snipers.

Pro tip: Merging squads "kills" units, meaning that you will get free cons with rapid conscription if you use merge.
8 Jun 2017, 16:52 PM
Donator 11

As far as I know you get the vet 0 conscript model modified by whatever vet bonuses the unit you merge into has. That is why they are slightly more easy to hit becouse vet0 RA of most units is 100% while in case of cons its over 100%.
8 Jun 2017, 17:15 PM

conscript veterancy during merge DOES and DOES NOT follow, it all depend on which stats you are speaking about.

vet3 conscript merged into a vet0 penal ->
conscript will keep some of its vet3 bonus, like the (-40% ?)received accuracy but won't keep it's accuracy bonus.

Vet0 cons merge into vet3 penals ->
cons gain the vet3 accuracy bonus that penal has, but it does not get the vet3 received accuracy that penal has and so are still killed as fast as regular conscript (insanely fast).

it's the same for other stats, some will be kept on the conscript squad and some others will be taken from the penal squad.
9 Jun 2017, 06:58 AM

Pro tip: Merging squads "kills" units, meaning that you will get free cons with rapid conscription if you use merge.

Holy jumping Jehoshaphat is this true? It that case it it crazy cheesey and wonderfully OP as hell.
9 Jun 2017, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2017, 12:53 PMmediev

Problem is that they will bleed you manpower in the long run, just like Cons do(unless you use Rapid Conscription, then you got yourself a perpetum mobile, lol), because Cons are just trash, especially later on. Early on, it might be helpful, if you can spare the micro. Later on however, especially OKW infantry just rapes Cons without any effort at all(especially now, when the Maxim takes like 10 sec to suppress Volks and gets raped by Obers from the front), so having your elite squads tainted by the smell of Conscripts is just not very helpful, because you will be under constant bleed.

I tend to leave the Cons out completely when going for Penals, they just seem redundant, and require fuel to be useful, which considering how sh*t they are, really isn´t worth it, unless you build 3 or more. It is far better to back-tech to Support Weapon if you want some backup plan, at least IMO. They are decent against Ost though, because Ost has decent counter to Penal spam, unlike OKW. You can flood the map early, steal garrisons, build some annoying sandbags and build up later on. And also, Soviets without Conscripts once in a while would be a bit shallow.

I think Loop is right, based on what I have heard so far. It is good for team weapons. On the other hand, if your team weapon gets attacked in a way that forces you to do this, it is usually better to retreat it anyway(unless you want to sabotage your opponents army by giving him a Maxim, heh), rather than leaving it on low health after, for instance, taking a mortar hit.

I think I agree to a certain extent. The cons merging is certainly more viable with rapid conscription and against Ostheer because they get severely outclassed by late game OKW infantry. However many doctrines give Conscripts other usefull abilities which makes them viable in supporting roles throughout the game. the combination of rapid conscription, ppsh package and repair kits that you get in the reserve army can make them decent all rounders and make combat engineers almost redundant (apart from perhaps one to place booby traps).
9 Jun 2017, 07:38 AM

I think I agree to a certain extent. The cons merging is certainly more viable with rapid conscription and against Ostheer because they get severely outclassed by late game OKW infantry. However many doctrines give Conscripts other usefull abilities which makes them viable in supporting roles throughout the game. the combination of rapid conscription, ppsh package and repair kits that you get in the reserve army can make them decent all rounders and make combat engineers almost redundant (apart from perhaps one to place booby traps).

I agree with that, AGAINST OSTHEER. Against late OKW, even the PPSh is useless, because they get mowed down when they close in, even with Ooooraaah! and then are equal at best to vetted Volks up close, similar to how Ostheer can easily counter them with Pgrens. Having combat squads repairing when they could be fighting/capping is usually very bad for your map control, especially against the more skilled players. It is the same reason almost nobody uses Riflemen mines. If they buffed the repair, or made it faster with vet, it would be different, but as it is, it is mostly just a waste of a combat squad. Make engineers, give them a flamethrower, vet them up to vet2/vet3, and they repair like 3 Cons at once.
9 Jun 2017, 08:19 AM

Holy jumping Jehoshaphat is this true? It that case it it crazy cheesey and wonderfully OP as hell.

Not as OST similar ability. When you lost 4 osttrupens and got 6 new.... Perpetum mobile with alchemic stone in one. With SU ability you only got what you lost and nothing more.
9 Jun 2017, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 08:19 AMMaret

Not as OST similar ability. When you lost 4 osttrupens and got 6 new.... Perpetum mobile with alchemic stone in one. With SU ability you only got what you lost and nothing more.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying? My question was if it is true that the merge ability effectively is registered as a "kill" so you can abuse this to quickly max out the potential of rapid conscription.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS