Login

russian armor

Adding New Commanders and Commander Abilities

5 Jun 2017, 05:13 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What's the best way of adding new commanders and commander abilities?

I've tried using abilities to add an upgrade that is then used to validate the commander-specific weapon upgrades and whatnot. The problem is that there is no ui_preview under the ability blueprints, but more importantly, I'm having trouble getting the abilities themselves to show up next to the command points. The requirements were changed to require the correct player upgrade, and the upgrade seems to be applied correctly since the weapon upgrades work, but the benefits of the commander seems to refuse to show up on the command points bar.
5 Jun 2017, 11:55 AM

Add an Upgrade to a building > Add the Abilities in the Army_Bag > Also make sure that Upgrade is linked with the Abilities > Click Upgrade In-Game > If you did it correctly, the Abilities should show up in the Commander Panel when you research the relevant upgrade
5 Jun 2017, 22:34 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Add an Upgrade to a building > Add the Abilities in the Army_Bag > Also make sure that Upgrade is linked with the Abilities > Click Upgrade In-Game > If you did it correctly, the Abilities should show up in the Commander Panel when you research the relevant upgrade

This and...

Like the King Tiger call in, the these custom commanders will show up behind the actual commanders. I do not know of way to add a slot to this but there are couple of work around.

1. Disable Commanders. There is a link for there here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59835/q-how-do-i-disable-commanders

2. Add in Dummy slots for behind the commanders to add in a 4th+ commander. The Dummy slots can be hidden after a select upgrade. (Does not work too well with British and how they are Programmed.) Then you will have to add an requirement to All other select abilities so they do not appear when you select other abilities. This is very time consuming and I have done this in the past, generally not worth it. If done properly when the 4th commander selected only those 5 commander abilities will appear, however if the player selected the fourth they still need to select a commander to remove them. There may be a scar work around but I have not really mess with scar.

3. Edit current commanders. In my mod, how I got single abilities changed was this. Example, Storm Doctrines Tactical Movement to Stormtroopers. Changed the requirement for Storm troopers to any for stormtroopers, and all (ambush, plus Heavy AT mines) and changed tactical movement to not require All (ambush, plus Heavy AT mines). Note this technique affects all doctrines so make sure you require 2 to 3 and check the other doctrines with this combo. Use http://www.stat.coh2.hu/ to help look at all doctrines at once (that is what I did at least.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 6
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %