Login

russian armor

British victor target abilities not working

4 Jun 2017, 21:36 PM
Donator 11

In my mod we want to change the British Coordinated Fire abilities (for Infantry Section and Armor-Piercing Sniper) so that they directly trigger the base howitzers instead of firing a smoke marker first. Unfortunately swapping use_accessory_weapon for victor_target_action with qf_25lb_concentrated_fire_base_mp under abilities results in nothing happening at all and I have no idea why not. I had to revert it for now, but can anybody suggest anything that might be preventing this from working?
4 Jun 2017, 21:50 PM

Perhaps the ability finishes before the artillery pieces have a chance to fire, therefore, nothing happens.

If I were you I would either:
- Spawn an invisible marker instantly (which will trigger the victor target when it "explodes"), or
- Wrap your start_target_actions under a timed_action ability that lasts, say 1 minute

Make sure that you set your timed_action to Fire-and-forget: True, so that the actions contained therein continue to remain valid after the ability has ended
4 Jun 2017, 22:00 PM
Donator 11

Why doesn't the Forward Assembly Coordinated Fire ability need that stuff? It works fine doing the same thing I did.

Edit: Well wouldn't you know it, I tried copying the actions from the above ability and now it works. Not sure what was different, but hurray!
4 Jun 2017, 23:31 PM

Forward assembly spawns an entity, and the entity takes care of calling down victor target.

If you want to do it the forward-assembly-way, just copy what it does, but make the smoke grenade entity invisible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 40
Germany 12
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L