Login

russian armor

Tank Traps acting as shot blockers

1 Jun 2017, 06:59 AM

Something strange happened to me in the map with the bridges.

My Su85 was using his ability to increase his forward cone of view to see across the right bridge. I managed to spot OKW tier3 a few meters behind some tank traps. Everytime I clicked on the flak truck my Su85 started dancing around. So, out of frustation I manualy target the tank traps until I destroyed them and oh suprise my Su85 could then fire at the truck.

Why this calls my atention:
- The tank traps did not block the Su85 vision.
- The tank traps blocked the posibility to shot at the target behind the traps and the ability to ground attack behind them. The Su85 tried to relocate everytime I tried this
- As far as I know sightblockers are not shotblockers, but all shotblockers are sightblockers.
- This have never happened to me before
- This map, Lisores River, also had some little bugs affecting sight in areas next to the bridges.
1 Jun 2017, 08:45 AM

I thought some green cover like walls could block shots from tanks.
1 Jun 2017, 22:32 PM

I noticed something like this yesterday, too, and had never seen it before.

Was trying to manually fire behind something and it wouldn't let me, with the unit immediately trying to drive to that spot. Either side I could manually shoot as normal without the tanks moving; if I tried to manually shoot at or behind the rock (? - I can't remember what it was), the tanks starting driving to that spot for no reason.
1 Jun 2017, 22:45 PM

Could you attack ground behind the tank traps?

See, sight blockers are functionally shot blockers. If the unit doesn't have line of sight, even if there's a spotter, it will attempt to move to where it can get sight, which functionally results in the unit moving to the target. This is because spotting doesn't remove the sight blocker.

Shot blockers aren't always sight blockers.

All map objects have a chance of being hit by missed shots using scatter values, which may or may not be a sight or shotblocker.

Although my guess that it has something to do with the extended sight range of the su85 using their ability doing something funky.
1 Jun 2017, 23:57 PM

Its not that the Su85 shot collided with the tank trap. The tank trap made imposible to target or fire at anything behind it
2 Jun 2017, 01:58 AM

Green cover provide shotblocker from all tank shell except a shot like bumbar

that why sometime P4 lose to 1 RE with double zook behide green cover

and you might seen this trick like tank trap infront of MG Bunker or bulldozer create roadblocker to provide itself a safety

for AT gun im pretty much sure they ignore the green cover. i have try tank trap in front of MG pit before and work well except AT gun

i remember one of those tip of the week even teach to build sandbag in front of arty for a chance to live
18 Jun 2017, 15:21 PM

Permanently Banned
I lost one full squad sturmpionner with bazookas. 2 tank mines explodes in the back when they shoot in another direction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★