Balance state of airborne?
Option Distribution Votes
69%
27%
4%
Total votes: 51
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 May 2017, 13:59 PM

I'm just curious as to what people's opinion on this commander are. Personally, I love it, but I feel it has a lot of things that make it very hard to play with, and p47s are at the mercy of rngesus and have a tiny radius. I also don't see many other people using it. Thoughts?
30 May 2017, 14:05 PM

i think p47 need accuracy buff and thats it
30 May 2017, 14:15 PM

To add to my opinion I also think that paths should get a drastic reinforce decrease or some sort of buff.
30 May 2017, 14:29 PM

Each ability should come 1 CP sooner
Also the P47 has miserable accuracy and Paths cost too much
30 May 2017, 14:30 PM
Strategist Badge

I put 'fine as is' because its a bad poll. I don't want to see it buffed but i would like to see the P47 attack changed somehow, possibly small changes elsewhere. Otherwise i think the doctrine is one of the most interesting USF has. While it may not have the appeal of tech free M10's, it is still a very good doctrine, and more than viable.

30 May 2017, 15:47 PM

When voting for "could use a buff" I mean more QoL changes then anything else. P-47 rocket strike definitely needs some accuracy bonus and changing the .50 cal and AT gun drop to munitions would make it more feasible to use and save up for Paratroopers. On Paratroopers themselves changing the timed demo to a actual one or replacing it with the soviet satchel charge would actually make it a useful ability besides a niche anti-OKW charge.
30 May 2017, 16:41 PM

-Pathfinders should come at 0 CP to diversify between going 1 extra riflemen or pathfinder

- Para's are fine

- HMG and AT needs to start with a crew

- P47 needs more accuracy and slight price decrease

Those are my thougts.
30 May 2017, 16:59 PM

-Pathies probably need their reinforce brought down, they bleed like crazy right now. Allowing them to reinforce from the Beacon might also be a good call so you can arm your weapon drops.

-Paras, as ClassyDavid said, could use satchel, but their raw performance is fantastic.

-Weapon drops should cost muni. Allowing para-equipped teams to reinforce from a beacon would also be an interesting choice.

-P47 needs their accuracy tightened up. Changing it to a cheaper strafe would also be an interesting way to make the USF feel like they actually have an omnipresent airforce.
30 May 2017, 17:10 PM
Donator 22

Paras!
they come so late, you have to build 3-4 rifles before you get them.
Then, once they are available, you already have your rifles. What is the point of them??
30 May 2017, 21:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Paras!
they come so late, you have to build 3-4 rifles before you get them.
Then, once they are available, you already have your rifles. What is the point of them??

This problem with rifles is actually the result the delay in weapon teams. If the M2B HMG was not locked behind a 50 fuel upgrade/60 second, this can also be described volks and OKW just with a longer deploy time. With weapon teams more accessible it will help increase the need of elite inf along with reducing blobbing.

In related to the poll I voted Abstain due to the lack of an option of "rework." (Different than buffing) I have created mods that involved changing the MG drop to 75 Mun, and AT Gun to 100. Additionally replacing the JU 87 and P47 Loiters with strafes. (AT loiters are on the strong side.) The P47 strafe width is changed from 10 units to 4ish. Paths, I adjust the reinforce cost for now from 37 to 30 that may be enough for now.
30 May 2017, 21:13 PM

They need to unlock the at gun right away. It is one of the reasons why lieutenant tier is so hard to use. As for the doctrine, knocking off the cp requirement for pathfinders should help, and paras could be called in at 2cps. Needs to be tested.
30 May 2017, 22:54 PM

I don't play much USF, but it's always pretty hard to play against Airbourne rangers (in terms of infantry engagements), that's for sure. However, the rocket strafe is just pathetic, usually you can just do nothing and you are fine. While I am happy that a stupid loiter is not op af, the same should apply to the dumb JU loiter...
30 May 2017, 23:40 PM
Patrion 15

While I do think airborne needs few buffs or adjustments, I don't think the problem is the Paratrooper or Pathfinder units. They are quite powerful in scope they suppose to do and they come into play balanced time AND their starting weapons or upgrade costs are fair.

I think the lackluster side of the airborne is the beacon is not fun to play around.

Firstly, The description says "It improves paratrooper units accuracy" but there is no indication of that are they getting any buffs! (QOL) Do I have to check the beacon radius every time? Or does it even work properly?

Second, the description continues by "Paratrooper units can respawn" but dropped MG or AT, crewed by paratrooper unit isn't respawning with the beacon. Only main paratrooper unit can able the respawn which is total lackluster in my opinion! ALL team weapons which crewed by paratrooper should able to use beacon too.

Lastly, combining first and second point with this: IF beacon is working properly (giving increased aim to paratroopers) team weapons crewed with paratroopers should get this buff too.

If It up to me I could give few abilities to the Beacon too:
- Showing unit movement on minimap (could be useful If a Pathfinder able to sneak into behind enemy lines)
- Recharging paratroopers abilities faster.

Pathfinders could use flares!
30 May 2017, 23:43 PM

-Pathfinders need to be less of a Manpower sink!
-Paras are fine, but I wouldn't mind a CP reduction, 2CP
-Weapon drops to Muni costs, to reduce MP usage of the commander
-P47s increased lethality buffs
30 May 2017, 23:45 PM

This problem with rifles is actually the result the delay in weapon teams. If the M2B HMG was not locked behind a 50 fuel upgrade/60 second, this can also be described volks and OKW just with a longer deploy time. With weapon teams more accessible it will help increase the need of elite inf along with reducing blobbing.

In related to the poll I voted Abstain due to the lack of an option of "rework." (Different than buffing) I have created mods that involved changing the MG drop to 75 Mun, and AT Gun to 100. Additionally replacing the JU 87 and P47 Loiters with strafes. (AT loiters are on the strong side.) The P47 strafe width is changed from 10 units to 4ish. Paths, I adjust the reinforce cost for now from 37 to 30 that may be enough for now.

That's an interesting idea. But you replaced both of them with munition drop abilities? If it was me, I would keep the muni drop (probably the 100/4cp one) and make one of them (probably .50 cal paradrop at 2cp) to a passive that gives pathfinders an ability that lets them drop both (but separately, like an option for .50 and option for AT gun) as right now one of the big advantages to airborne is being able to have both of those fairly important team weapons regardless of tech choice. Just a suggestion, for the live game too. The other stuff I definitely agree with (p47s would get a cost reduction right?).

Edit: I also really should have added a "rework" option.
31 May 2017, 00:27 AM

Badly designed commander because it does not fit well into usf. By the time I get pathfinders, I will have 3-4 rifles out and will receive another infantry squad from captain. Then, I will need an at gun or a stuart. Also, ambulance and weapon upgrades are mandatory for your troops. The only way to fix this commander is to make cps for path finders and paras lower. That way, I can go path finders, rifle, rifle, ambo, captain, at gun, then paras. Having too many rifles is killing this commander. I do not want more than half my army to be all infantry. Pathfinders should be 0 cps, and paras, after testing, could go for 2cps or be left where they are.
31 May 2017, 00:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That's an interesting idea. But you replaced both of them with munition drop abilities?...
...(p47s would get a cost reduction right?).

I meant changing the cost to munitions and not dropping munitions.

Yes, the JU 87 Strafe is 120-130 munition I believe.
31 May 2017, 01:28 AM

Paras are actually the strongest point of that doctrine, especially against OH. If you can micro them properly, you pretty much get guaranteed wipes.
31 May 2017, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2017, 23:40 PMruzen
The description says "It improves paratrooper units accuracy" but

Im pretty sure it means drop accuracy not weapon accuracy
31 May 2017, 02:04 AM

I meant changing the cost to munitions and not dropping munitions.

Yes, the JU 87 Strafe is 120-130 munition I believe.

Ah. That makes sense and is definitely a good idea, but I like my idea as well.
Paras are actually the strongest point of that doctrine, especially against OH. If you can micro them properly, you pretty much get guaranteed wipes.

Yep. Especially with thompsons. The carbines actually have really high dps too.

Im pretty sure it means drop accuracy not weapon accuracy

Yes. For ruzen, I think the beacon does show enemies on the minimap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★