Login

russian armor

Emplacements need a major redesign

26 May 2017, 16:32 PM

What? lol

I have seen many games where the mortar HT just got sniped back by the mortar emplacement(I know, you have to move it around, bla bla bla...), or just constantly forced away by either the emplacement itself, or the Counter-Battery Fire. In some ways, it is much more vulnerable than an actual mortar. It also costs decent amount of fuel for a mortar, which delays your tech even further. That is not very pleasant, if the enemy built the emplacement in a strategic position and PaKs die very easily to mortar spam.
26 May 2017, 16:38 PM

There could be some adjustments (brace should have a cost) but they are already almost never used in high level 1v1s, and losing an emplacement usually loses you the game.

If they are just straight nerfed they will disappear from the game, and personally I love me some asymmetry.

Lower the mp cost, add a small fuel cost, make it only one mortar. Maybe let the second mortar be crewable by a squad.
26 May 2017, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 16:38 PMDanielD
There could be some adjustments (brace should have a cost) but they are already almost never used in high level 1v1s, and losing an emplacement usually loses you the game.

If they are just straight nerfed they will disappear from the game, and personally I love me some asymmetry.

Lower the mp cost, add a small fuel cost, make it only one mortar. Maybe let the second mortar be crewable by a squad.

There is asymmetry, and then there is just a mechanic being retarded. I think this falls more into 2nd category. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is ultimately useless. I don´t know, but most changes that affected this game positively over the years had something to do with making units more like one another(for example making Volksgrenadiers more like Riflemen, or buffing the T-34/76 to have a chance against German armor), or just tweaking them a little bit to be more similar and consistent in their performance. And just so you know, vast majority of players DO NOT play high-level 1v1s. People, mainly in team games, have been suffering through this BS every single day.
26 May 2017, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 14:48 PMmediev

Have you read the post? The mortar pits could reach every VP, both fuels and both munis. He had a pretty decent army. I guess that is what happens when you can just sit back and recruit more stuff. All he had to do was get vision and I was immediately hit by 2 mortar pits, not to mention he sat on my cut-off with that SimCity, so even if I wanted to cap the other fuel, it would be useless and I just would get wiped by a Bofors on retreat. Even if you avoid the vision from the point, he can just bombard it blindly, it costs nothing, and with 2 mortar pits, he will hit something eventually. Like I said, I beat him eventually, that is not the problem. The problem is that someone with this little skill, with only his one "strategy", could waste 50 minutes of my time by an incredibly boring gameplay, while he himself had to do almost nothing. THAT is what infuriates me about this bullshit! It ruins the quality of the game, not the balance per se.

First of all, there's so much cheese in this game. Second of all, it should be fixed. But, how the hell did you let him build 2 pits? What were you doing all game in a 1v1? That's 800mp by itself, and a forward assembly, another, what, 280mp? With 1000 manpower you could easily knock that down before it even went up, or you could just spam the living shit out of mortars or mortar hts and stomp his pits with only a little more effort than he took to make them. If I sit in my base all day and let him make 4 isgs and a flakhq then call bullshit that's on me.
26 May 2017, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 16:54 PMmediev

There is asymmetry, and then there is just a mechanic being retarded. I think this falls more into 2nd category. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is ultimately useless. I don´t know, but most changes that affected this game positively over the years had something to do with making units more like one another(for example making Volksgrenadiers more like Riflemen, or buffing the T-34/76 to have a chance against German armor), or just tweaking them a little bit to be more similar and consistent in their performance. And just so you know, vast majority of players DO NOT play high-level 1v1s. People, mainly in team games, have been suffering through this BS every single day.

In other words, just give the brits a normal damn mortar? The problem with pits is that they have to be overpowered cuz they can't move, which is a huge deal for indirect fire. It's really vulnerable to infantry breakthroughs and counter fire by 2 or more mortars.
26 May 2017, 17:08 PM

In other words, just give the brits a normal damn mortar? The problem with pits is that they have to be overpowered cuz they can't move, which is a huge deal for indirect fire. It's really vulnerable to infantry breakthroughs and counter fire by 2 or more mortars.

That would certainly be one good solution, yes.
26 May 2017, 17:54 PM

Nerfing all of them would just make them useless, the 17 pounder is already almost never seen because of it's large pop cap requirement.

The Mortar pit can be instead replaced with a mobile 3.2 inch mortar team while the pit itself turned into a garrisonable emplacement, they could adjust balance from then on.

The Bofors if nerfed anymore would just again be just useless since only noobs can't deal with only a lone bofors emplacement, the problems come when there's a Sim City, remove the mortar pit, you effectively remove Sim City building.

17 pounder and Bofors have mobile alternatives and cannot be made into mobile weapon teams, only the mortar pit can be replaced with a mobile weapon team like I already said.

I think nerfing them any further is just not the answer to the problem and would only serve to in-directly buffing of the Axis since they will either have an even easier time dealing with them or won't deal with them at all since nobody will bother building useless units.

People will just continue to use the 6 pounder, Centaur AA if they need AA support against the Wehr Luftwaffe commander for example or go mobile assault for the fuel and heavy manpower costing land mattress but hey, at least it will be more mobile and less useless than the mortar pit, even in it's nerfed state.
26 May 2017, 18:25 PM

Redesign= simple solution to further nerf the Brits?
26 May 2017, 19:12 PM

Redesign= simple solution to further nerf the Brits?

There would have to be some balancing obviously. For example allowing the emplacement to be scrapped, returning part of the resources to you(like 30-50%), like Withdraw and Refit. In return, you could only get 1 of each at the same time and they would be less powerful to compensate for the ability to "move" them.
26 May 2017, 19:41 PM

Nerfing all of them would just make them useless, the 17 pounder is already almost never seen because of it's large pop cap requirement.

The Mortar pit can be instead replaced with a mobile 3.2 inch mortar team while the pit itself turned into a garrisonable emplacement, they could adjust balance from then on.

The Bofors if nerfed anymore would just again be just useless since only noobs can't deal with only a lone bofors emplacement, the problems come when there's a Sim City, remove the mortar pit, you effectively remove Sim City building.

17 pounder and Bofors have mobile alternatives and cannot be made into mobile weapon teams, only the mortar pit can be replaced with a mobile weapon team like I already said.

I think nerfing them any further is just not the answer to the problem and would only serve to in-directly buffing of the Axis since they will either have an even easier time dealing with them or won't deal with them at all since nobody will bother building useless units.

People will just continue to use the 6 pounder, Centaur AA if they need AA support against the Wehr Luftwaffe commander for example or go mobile assault for the fuel and heavy manpower costing land mattress but hey, at least it will be more mobile and less useless than the mortar pit, even in it's nerfed state.

+1
26 May 2017, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 19:12 PMmediev

There would have to be some balancing obviously. For example allowing the emplacement to be scrapped, returning part of the resources to you(like 30-50%), like Withdraw and Refit. In return, you could only get 1 of each at the same time and they would be less powerful to compensate for the ability to "move" them.

So you lose veterancy and still pay half price just to move some gimped pit? Glad I never used that thing in the first place then.
26 May 2017, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 10:57 AMmediev
The problem is not even that they win so often, .......

So, in summary, you admit that emplacement spam is a losing strategy but you want it nerfed anyway so that you can noob stomp quicker?
26 May 2017, 21:31 PM

Hah look at these people having trouble with emplacements. You know what can cure them? A Luchs/Flamer HT right in his base, wipe everyone and everything you see since his fancy emplacements can't do shit. Either the Brits get support first then builds emplacements, which slows him down or put emplacements first and pretty much show a "DIVE MY BASE!!!" sign. As OST you can even put Osttruppen in your loadout since it works extremely well against Brits.
26 May 2017, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 20:39 PMGrumpy

So, in summary, you admit that emplacement spam is a losing strategy but you want it nerfed anyway so that you can noob stomp quicker?

Pretty much. It shouldn´t take 45 minutes of ridiculously boring gameplay to defeat a total noob, just because he set up a SimCity around the 5 minute mark.
26 May 2017, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 22:14 PMmediev

Pretty much. It shouldn´t take 45 minutes of ridiculously boring gameplay to defeat a total noob, just because he set up a SimCity around the 5 minute mark.

Wait what? So you're admitting that it sucks, but because it doesn't mean you instantly win it needs to be nerfed?
26 May 2017, 22:28 PM

The main problem with brits is the mortar ... Insane range, indestructible ... It give free kill all the game without any payback. This is the mogoloïdest thing ive ever seen in this game.

Indestructible? Double mortar, double isg/leig (whichever one you call it), flame ht shooting over shot blockers if available, puma, stuka + rushing with infantry once braced, going around the damn city and capping till p4 beg otherwise.

Seriously if someone said medium tanks are indestructible, no one would take them seriously. So why is it ok to say emplacements are indestructible? Cheesy, but they literally can't even move.
26 May 2017, 22:30 PM

Wait what? So you're admitting that it sucks, but because it doesn't mean you instantly win it needs to be nerfed?

Have you read the original post? I mean, why are you asking this? I have stated this like 10 times already. It is a quality of life issue. It is like allowing a football team to all just assemble in their own goal, doing nothing and catching any balls that come flying towards them. The result is a BORING GAME! The other team probably will score a goal eventually, but it will be a torture to watch, and torture to play. This is the exact same thing.
26 May 2017, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 22:30 PMmediev

Have you read the original post? I mean, why are you asking this? I have stated this like 10 times already. It is a quality of life issue. It is like allowing a football team to all just assemble in their own goal, doing nothing and catching any balls that come flying towards them. The result is a BORING GAME! The other team probably will score a goal eventually, but it will be a torture to watch, and torture to play. This is the exact same thing.

So like volks blobs? They're bad but they still make the game go longer? The point is, you shouldn't be calling for nerfs for the sake of "quality of life". Going off your football analogy, if the refs and rules allowed it, the other team could go stand in the back and just catch shit, but they'd still lose because it's stupid. Basketball players could all just stand in the key, but it's stupid and if they do they'll lose. You could make 4 mortars as ost and end up losing but still probably wipe a couple squads. Doesn't mean making four mortars needs to be changed. OP shit gets nerfed.
26 May 2017, 23:13 PM

So like volks blobs? They're bad but they still make the game go longer? The point is, you shouldn't be calling for nerfs for the sake of "quality of life". Going off your football analogy, if the refs and rules allowed it, the other team could go stand in the back and just catch shit, but they'd still lose because it's stupid. Basketball players could all just stand in the key, but it's stupid and if they do they'll lose. You could make 4 mortars as ost and end up losing but still probably wipe a couple squads. Doesn't mean making four mortars needs to be changed. OP shit gets nerfed.

If neither team did anything, would it not technically be a draw? Unless I understood you wrong. The difference is that 4 Mortars can be easily pushed off the field. Double Mortar Pit supported by Bofors simply can´t be. Not until you get tanks and even then, all he needs is an AT gun, because bringing infantry support to a proximity of Bofors is suicide. I also haven´t said they lose all the time. Sure, I beat them, but they must have beaten somebody on the way, right? It´s not like it is a losing strategy automatically, only if they are noobs(which they usually are, but not always). If they actually know how to control their infantry and tanks, you are in deep trouble. The scale on which something is happening matters, not just the principle. People don´t build 4 mortars, because it is a stupid strategy and doesn´t work. However, people do build emplacements pretty often, because it actually works quite well. I mean, if he keeps building them, it must have worked out for him in the past hasn´t it?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★