Login

russian armor

upcoming commanders

2 Aug 2013, 19:08 PM

Since I didn't buy the collectors edition I was quite disappointed to find out, that I was only able to unlock 2 more commanders for each faction - but I skip that part for now.

Since there are 24 commander slots for both Ostheer and Soviets I was wondering if you guys and gals have any information on relic's/sega's plans on new commanders. Will there be at least some commanders coming as "free" content or am I supposed to pay 2,49€ for each of those 38 commanders?
2 Aug 2013, 19:14 PM
Donator 11

I don't personally think there will be free commanders or skins, only free maps.

But expect Steam sales on those kind of items and you can always upgrade to the collector's edition if ever you really want them and the skins.
4 Aug 2013, 20:50 PM

I just really wish Relic would tell us what's down the pipeline feature/content-wise.
4 Aug 2013, 21:20 PM

They did said they will add more skins,maps and commanders, and also there will be DLC with new factions (i guess campaigns also) in future, they didnt give specific dates or any guesses but they confirmed it
4 Aug 2013, 21:47 PM

I just really wish Relic would tell us what's down the pipeline feature/content-wise.

I think they're reluctant to do that in case a feature they announce gets cut.
5 Aug 2013, 16:43 PM

I believe they said that they are working on the TOW campaigns now.

I kinda wish they would just make the expansions. Two factions gets very old, very fast.
6 Aug 2013, 01:37 AM

I kinda wish they would just make the expansions. Two factions gets very old, very fast.

new faction expansion probably gonna take us 1~1.5 years to come, right now some new commander or some new unit should be great!

actually, every new patch will keep the game experience fresh....
6 Aug 2013, 01:41 AM

I rather see no new factions til they balance Soviets vs Ostheer, at a level close to the vCoH balance.
6 Aug 2013, 02:31 AM

I rather see no new factions til they balance Soviets vs Ostheer, at a level close to the vCoH balance.

Agreed and if they decide to provide new factions may they steer as far as possible from the brits and PE for the sake of the game.
6 Aug 2013, 02:43 AM

units in campaign that still haven't made it to SP

russian transport truck
smaller AT gun
early stug model
early p4 model
partisans

expect these to be implemented sooner or later
6 Aug 2013, 02:48 AM

russian transport truck
smaller AT gun
early stug model
early p4 model
partisans

command PZIV should be the early PZIV model, but what you need that small stuff for, it's useless in late war
6 Aug 2013, 03:23 AM

russian transport truck
smaller AT gun
early stug model
early p4 model
partisans

those are in the theatre of war.
6 Aug 2013, 03:33 AM

I know that future doctrines will include new content not in the current ones, though not sure if it will be all new stuff or some original units/abilities mixed with the new.
6 Aug 2013, 03:58 AM

russian transport truck
smaller AT gun
early stug model
early p4 model
partisans

The only two units that we have seen from campaign that can be in multiplayer are the partisans and KV1. The rest are earlier models for TOW and truck for decor in the campaign.
6 Aug 2013, 11:59 AM
Donator 11

i disagree!
they rather should get the new factiosn in asap und then balance all 4 instead of fucking up the entire balance like in vcoh.
and you have to remember, that they dont have target tables anymore, so balancing 4 factions is MUCH harder than in vcoh, thats why i think, they should better start earlier than later.
6 Aug 2013, 12:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

nooooooooooooooooooooooo i don't want to see any new factions the vcoh balance is shaky at best with the new factions.
6 Aug 2013, 13:31 PM

it will be very difficult to see new factions if will be in the Russian theater of war, at most Italians (lol. .. but only the infantry the tank and others was ridiculous) and for the Russians? (something like the panzer elite vcoh?)

I hope that relic create other new commanders with new abilities and not always with the usual mixed
6 Aug 2013, 13:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh pe barely worked brits were broken as fucked the russiand and the germans look like combos of the 4 factions in vcoh anyways.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 13:31 PMSwat

I hope that relic create other new commanders with new abilities and not always with the usual mixed

this is what i want. (free ones to cover the new abilities 100 levels should be way more docs than just 2 free (maybe 10 or so total). unlockable docs.
6 Aug 2013, 23:43 PM

Dont expect a new expansion soon. But if it were id expect the russan "shock armies" (something like pe but russ) and a german late wehr army (volks, specialized units I.e leibenstandarte, etc...).

Or... a desert expansion??? I highly doubt either of these ideas though... how about just some NEW abilities not just mixed commaders, more skins, more tow missions, and balance for now...
7 Aug 2013, 06:56 AM

the WW2 eastern front as the backdrop is rather limited to include new nations, but some variations to either side are possible:

New Faction for Axis - take the current German as the base, replacing some units with Romania or Hungary's.

New Faction of Allies - take the current Russian as the base, replacing some units with Czech or Poland's.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★