Login

russian armor

Stormtrooper Doctrine?

20 May 2017, 19:01 PM

Does anyone have a good build with the storm trooper doc? I've been trying 2 gren, 2 mg, halftrack, pak, 2x storm troopers, then stugs but I end up bleeding a lot of MP. Also, do you need vision for close the pocket to work?
20 May 2017, 19:38 PM

Don't bother making stormtroopers. They're basically more expensive pgrens that have to upgrade their stgs, but that get camo and decal points a bit faster or something. Not worth the expense and muni IMO. If you want that kind of troop, make pgrens and even use a doc with ambush camo upgrade.
23 May 2017, 09:14 AM

Don't bother making stormtroopers. They're basically more expensive pgrens that have to upgrade their stgs, but that get camo and decal points a bit faster or something. Not worth the expense and muni IMO. If you want that kind of troop, make pgrens and even use a doc with ambush camo upgrade.

I have to disagree with you here. Stormtroopers are EXCELENT. They require a little bit more micro and muni, but once you get them upgraded with STGs, they get their Tactical Advance ability, which is absolutely fantastic. You know how the enemy squads always get away with one man with no health remaining? Not anymore. Tactical Advance makes them extremely reliable at wiping squads, even on retreat(granted they don´t retreat immediately of course), similar to US Paratroopers with Thompsons, but better, because the STG has a much better damage/distance profile. It requires the extra micro of course, but on a map like Kholodny, they can be really broken. They can also serve as vision for your army, because they camouflage in cover. And being able to throw a Bundled Grenade from camouflage is pretty handy too. They are even better with Elite Troops, because they get an extra grenade. However, I would suggest not calling in more than 1 squad. Like I said, they are micro and munis heavy, and will drain your economy and micro if you call in multiple.
27 Nov 2017, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2017, 09:14 AMmediev

Stormtroopers are EXCELENT.

Yup!

Agree with you points about cost, if you do call some in, make the most of them by trying only to call them when they can pop out of a building in an important fight where they can bundled nade a team weapon or something from behind gifting a nice easy and important kill, this can turn an engagement easily, just make sure you have 45muni before you call them. Of course make sure to retreat them and keep them alive and upgrade with weapons later.

In some situations its also possible to use the shrek upgrade to skip T2 while you rush T3, esspecially vs light vehicles its great to use sprint with grens to faust and sprint on shrek storms to rush and kill them. I also like the Faust range bulletin to really give your grens the leg up on enemy light vehicles, nobody expects this rush from Ost infantry!
23 Jan 2018, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2017, 09:14 AMmediev

I have to disagree with you here. Stormtroopers are EXCELENT. They require a little bit more micro and muni, but once you get them upgraded with STGs, they get their Tactical Advance ability, which is absolutely fantastic. You know how the enemy squads always get away with one man with no health remaining? Not anymore. Tactical Advance makes them extremely reliable at wiping squads, even on retreat(granted they don´t retreat immediately of course), similar to US Paratroopers with Thompsons, but better, because the STG has a much better damage/distance profile. It requires the extra micro of course, but on a map like Kholodny, they can be really broken. They can also serve as vision for your army, because they camouflage in cover. And being able to throw a Bundled Grenade from camouflage is pretty handy too. They are even better with Elite Troops, because they get an extra grenade. However, I would suggest not calling in more than 1 squad. Like I said, they are micro and munis heavy, and will drain your economy and micro if you call in multiple.

win ? or recreation ?
for win ! honestly in any mode you should skip some docs , having said that for leisure time you can test the rest :)
anyway as far as im concernd about this doc in past found out strooper emerge from building moreover close the pocket could be the threat for opponent not least in multi games .
gl
24 Jan 2018, 13:13 PM

Yup!

Agree with you points about cost, if you do call some in, make the most of them by trying only to call them when they can pop out of a building in an important fight where they can bundled nade a team weapon or something from behind gifting a nice easy and important kill, this can turn an engagement easily, just make sure you have 45muni before you call them. Of course make sure to retreat them and keep them alive and upgrade with weapons later.

In some situations its also possible to use the shrek upgrade to skip T2 while you rush T3, esspecially vs light vehicles its great to use sprint with grens to faust and sprint on shrek storms to rush and kill them. I also like the Faust range bulletin to really give your grens the leg up on enemy light vehicles, nobody expects this rush from Ost infantry!

With snipers also is pretty useful., the range of Kiting is awesome.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★