Login

russian armor

Abandoned vehicles vet stack bug

2 Aug 2013, 11:50 AM

Umm so i played a game today where I had a panzer 4 get to vet 2 and drove it into the opponent's base. It got destroyed and abandoned for the enemy to take. The enemy took it and the panzer 4 had armoured skirts so it had vet 2 but the stars said it was vet 0. Then my opponent proceeded to get the panzer 4 to vet 2 and the vet stacked so by the time I had some armour out to fight it none of my hits did any damage to it.

This has to be a bug as a vet 4 unit seriously does not take any damage from anything...
2 Aug 2013, 11:54 AM
2 Aug 2013, 11:57 AM

replay or it didn't happen!

And yea, this bug might happen since armored skirts are not removed after abandoned vehicle, that's why Armor Skirts should be upgradeable, not gained by vet
2 Aug 2013, 12:27 PM

This game is not the best but whatever the p4 gets captured somewhere near the middle of the game.
2 Aug 2013, 14:52 PM

Wow, imagine the possibilities!
2 Aug 2013, 16:05 PM

simple fix...

remove abandoned vehicles... done!

ezpz
2 Aug 2013, 18:32 PM

No wonder I have an ultra-super-mega captured T70 before, their vet was stacked o_O
2 Aug 2013, 22:04 PM

I love the abandoned vehicle mechanic (makes invading the enemy base a seriously risky proposition) but yeah this bug needs to be fixed.

Does anyone know the probability of a vehicle becoming abandoned instead of destroyed?
2 Aug 2013, 22:14 PM

I love the abandoned vehicle mechanic (makes invading the enemy base a seriously risky proposition) but yeah this bug needs to be fixed.

Does anyone know the probability of a vehicle becoming abandoned instead of destroyed?

5% afaik
2 Aug 2013, 22:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think Pquimseh said there is a 5 percent chance, but im not totally sure anymore.
And yeah I really like it, maybe the skirts should just fall off because the new noob crew doesnt know how to maintain them.
3 Aug 2013, 04:38 AM

The sad thing is that p4 could have soloed my entire army... and won.

A new squad that recrews an abandoned vehicle should lose the vet. It doesn't make sense for the opponent to do all the hard work on vetting up the crew and then a brand new crew gets the vet...
3 Aug 2013, 04:46 AM

I think Pquimseh said there is a 5 percent chance, but im not totally sure anymore.
And yeah I really like it, maybe the skirts should just fall off because the new noob crew doesnt know how to maintain them.

wait, skirts are just a plate of steel, dunno how to maintain?
3 Aug 2013, 04:49 AM

so it seems the vet bonus is bound to the model itself not the crew that operates the tank and because of that relic might have now some problems fixing this :/
6 Aug 2013, 10:55 AM

Well, about vet, maybe it could be so as I'm not sure about that.

But, about the armoured skirts, I also saw it happen, my v2 P4 got abandoned and captured and the skirts stayed on, I took no special concern of this as the armoured skirts is just a skin upgrade, it does not have to be directly linked to an actual armour upgrade, so I just assumed the tank reverted back to v1 just the skin stayed the same for no apparent reason, which is not such a big deal as it does not happen a lot anyway.
6 Aug 2013, 11:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ive never had this happen.
6 Aug 2013, 11:30 AM

You'll see somewhere in the game when he first captures the p4 I sent my vanilla p4 against the vetless but skirted p4 my opponent had. And you could clearly see that my p4 was completely destroyed by the skirted p4. Once he killed my p4 he started stacking vet and by the time he got vet 2 hardly anything did damage to it.
6 Aug 2013, 13:05 PM

Update to my original post here,

My v2 P4 got abandoned, I recaptured it myself, the P4 was now skirted but back at v1. Therefore it is the crew that vets and not the tank itself, the skirting that stays is at most just a skin/visual "bug". If this was without a doubt not the case for others here, then I agree it's a major bug, but for me it was not a problem/bug.
6 Aug 2013, 14:16 PM

so it seems the vet bonus is bound to the model itself not the crew that operates the tank and because of that relic might have now some problems fixing this :/

Yeh, this could be a problem; It might be easier to set a chance for abandonment of vetted vehicles to 0%.
6 Aug 2013, 23:04 PM

While this is a pretty big bug, it does open up some insane possibilities:

Vet 6 T-70
Vet 6 Brummbar (Currently trying to do this with someone)

/edit

THE SCIENCE HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

So, TradeMrk (he's on here) and I tested out this mythical vet-stacking in a custom game. To test it, we went with the Sturmpanzer IV (mostly because I've wanted to see it go Vet 3). After farming one to Vet 3, we got INSANELY lucky and had it get decrewed the first time. TradeMrk, playing as Russians, recrewed it, and then got it to Vet 3 again. By the UI, it should only have Vet 3 - but by the claims made, it should (in theory) have an insane level of VET 6.

To make things more interesting, I then got another Sturmpanzer IV to Vet 3 (normal Vet 3), as a method of comparing the two.

To test armor values, I built TWO PAK 43 guns. TradeMrk decrewed one, and we got BOTH to Vet 3. At this point, the PAK 43 could 2-shot an IS-2 tank.

At this point, the science truly began.

PAK 43 Vet 3 Front armor:
"Vet 6" Tank:

Vet 3 Tank:

We repeated this 3 times on front armor, with the same results. We then repeated with side armor and rear armor (two side, one rear), and got the exact same results; The "Vet 6" tank took about HALF the damage of the Vet 3 one. Note that we assured that EVERY shot hit. We also repaired the tanks to FULL HP between every shot.

Next up we had them fight eachother - because why not. When are you ever going to see a Vet 6 Sturmpanzer IV fight a Vet 3 Sturmpanzer IV with no outside influences?

As you can see, the Vet 6 one had a LOT more HP left - and they both hit about the same amount of times.

Next up we rushed rushed the mythical Vet 6 Sturmpanzer at the Vet 3 Pak43 (after repairing it). The PAK had the range, damage and sight advantage here. It even had high ground and green cover. But it didn't matter:

However, the thing decrewed it - meaning it might have been different if it had survived longer. So, I built a Panther.

(They both were at full HP to start)

The panther lost as well.

Both TradeMrk and I believe that this is definitive proof that Vet from decrewed DOES stay with the vehicle. In addition to this, Vet can be gained ON TOP of this for bonus effects.

If you REALLY feel like watching the replay (Or if Relic want's to look at it):

7 Aug 2013, 00:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Nice testing!
Would have loved to see it tested on the tiger or t70 :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L