Login

russian armor

COH1 vs COH2?

• This thread is locked
12 May 2017, 17:56 PM

Saw I saw a post made in reddit today:

Strictly speaking... CoH1 still looks better imo than CoH2... Controls are better... AI are better... and less stupid...
You didn't have to push an extra button to get a tank to back up with it's front towards the enemy...
You actually had to cap a point, not just put someone in the general area...
Strategic points for fuel, munitions, and Pop had to be captured and fought over... not just any point turned into what you wanted it to be...
It's all just... crap. I'm sorry to anyone who grew up on this game and didn't get to play CoH1... you missed out.

What do you guys think of COH1 vs COH2? Was COH1 strictly better for you? I find that in 1v1 I miss a lot of the QOL in COH2(true sight, vaulting) and I don't particularly like what some of the design decisions.(perma cloak sniper meta, medical triage zombies, bought vet) but some of the concepts are far superior like the commander system and tank pathfinding was less stupid.
12 May 2017, 18:03 PM

Definitely not in the multiplayer.

COH2 has its problems, but at least it nearly doesnt reward quick rushing tanks and doesnt allow to win with such a shi%tty play like spamming engineers and just capping around for ever, or making three snipers and using them as mainline infantry
And while COH2 has "only" a huge potential for blobbing, COH1 directly forced some factions into it (looking at you, British army and -assuming that you dont try to use light vehicles- Panzer Elite)

But yeah, I really miss the old commander system, the maps (for example Lorraine, what an amazing map) and the Kettenkarnad, one of the greatest units ever- "desing creativity" wise
12 May 2017, 18:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Must....resist....
12 May 2017, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2017, 18:25 PMBudwise
Must....resist....

12 May 2017, 19:15 PM

why would you play coh1 if coh2 is almost the same thing with improvements + there isnt drophackers and has + players
12 May 2017, 19:42 PM

If I could play CoH1 without threat of Opposing Fronts or Tales of Valor I would.

But I cannot. If I could play CoH2 without WFA or Brits I would.

I still maintain that the CoH1 American vs Wehrmacht matchup for 1v1 and 2v2 is the best RTS gaming experience bar none.

But that game doesn't really exist anymore than a competitively balanced CoH2 multiplayer.
12 May 2017, 19:42 PM

In coh2 you can conquer French fiels and orchards with Russians ;)

Also there are many improvements like unit list in right upper corner or tank/weapon reverse, 4 member weapon teams and veterancy gained by damaging
12 May 2017, 19:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

We're not going cut-throat on this. It is quite possible for COH1 and COH2 players to exist harmoniously.

If you want to cut each other's throats, please take your venom to Reddit.

/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak